Poll: Is $499 for 60GB PS3 a fair price?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
38.46%
No
53.85%
I bought one for $599!
7.69%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is $499 for 60GB PS3 a fair price?
xbox 360 Elite= $479 with 120 gb hard drive,hdmi,no hd-dvd drive, no wifi with a heavy chance of breaking down within first 2 years.
ps3= $499 60 gb hard drive, hdmi,blu-ray hd drive, wifi plus proven hardware reliabilty and good games to come.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:xbox 360 Elite= $479 with 120 gb hard drive,hdmi,no hd-dvd drive, no wifi with a heavy chance of breaking down within first 2 years.
ps3= $499 60 gb hard drive, hdmi,blu-ray hd drive, wifi plus proven hardware reliabilty and good games to come.

Man you sure have given the 360 a tough road, all while praising the glory that is the PS3. Sounds to me like your nothing more than a Sony fanboy.
I would rather buy the PS3 and I plan to when NCAA 08 comes out...my uncle has had 3 360's burn up on him and he said screw it and bought a PS3. He hasn't had one problem with it. Microsoft gave him the 2 360's for free after his 1st one messed up, but he is tired of them screwing up...
I still don't have that kind of money to blow 500 on a system 100 on a couple games and get limited amount of play (school). It just is not worth it. Now the Wii (which I already have) has been absolutely amazing. I would buy a Wii and like 6 games before thinking about buying a PS3. Like I have said before, my brother will probably end up buying it at some point.
man I must be the only guy on earth thats had good luck with my 360, lol..I love mine. Not seen the 3 rings of death yet..Of course, I was sold on the 360 after having 5 great years with my regular xbox..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:man I must be the only guy on earth thats had good luck with my 360, lol..I love mine. Not seen the 3 rings of death yet..Of course, I was sold on the 360 after having 5 great years with my regular xbox..

Almost sounds like you were married to it lol
The 360 is a terrific system and the online capabilities destroy the PS3's. Also with games like GOW, Halo 3, Etc..It's the better of the two IMO.