Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games you can't wait to see this year?
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Oh I agree they are going to be a handful, never said they aren't talented and they have solid coaching, but not close to the talent level as last year, lost to many on both sides of the ball and a WR they were counting on decided not to play this year. Seen them play 3 games last year and have seen a few practices this year.

With who they have to play in their district now, the OL maybe better benefit than many think.
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Oh I agree they are going to be a handful, never said they aren't talented and they have solid coaching, but not close to the talent level as last year, lost to many on both sides of the ball and a WR they were counting on decided not to play this year. Seen them play 3 games last year and have seen a few practices this year.

Did you see that 7v7 last Friday vs Boyle Co?

Don't be surprised when they crush every team on their schedule.
FoSho Wrote:Did you see that 7v7 last Friday vs Boyle Co?

No I didn't that stuff is boring to me just seen were you said Boyle crushed everybody, also seen were Ballard was a no-show. They weren't allowed to come because Jefferson Co cancelled all activities for the weekend.
plantmanky Wrote:With who they have to play in their district now, the OL maybe better benefit than many think.

Grant Co, Montgomery Co, Great Crossing and Scott Co very weak district- only chance Scott Co or Douglas has a chance to lose a game IMO is when they play each other. Crazy, it could hurt both in the Playoffs
UK1fan Wrote:Don't be surprised when they crush every team on their schedule.

You should no better than that being a Simon Kenton fan. I think we have hijacked this thread though. Good luck to all!!
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:No I didn't that stuff is boring to me just seen were you said Boyle crushed everybody, also seen were Ballard was a no-show. They weren't allowed to come because Jefferson Co cancelled all activities for the weekend.

Yes

Yes

I was impressed w/FDU. They are going to be really good in pads.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:May not be a popular opinion, but I disagree.

I think the Pikeville vs. Point Pleasant game last year is a pretty good indicator this one will be competitive.

I anticipate Pikeville being better than last season and they dont have to go on the road, but Mingo Central has been aching for a chance to make a statement and I anticipate they are going to go all out.

Throw in the fact that this will be one of MacNamee's first games starting at QB as well.

I think it will be a very entertaining game. I still like Pikeville to win, but I think it will be tough.

Pikeville had over 500 yds at PP last year. PP got several home calls.
Then PP put 65 on MC in the playoffs. If MC hasn't shored up their defense Pikeville will put up pinball numbers. McNamee will look like a seasoned vet out there and the RBs will chew up huge yardage as well. I will go with 52-28.
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:You should no better than that being a Simon Kenton fan. I think we have hijacked this thread though. Good luck to all!!

FD has 2 of the top tackles in the country that alone makes them a dangerous team.
Bell vs. Knox is always a fun game!
Corbin vs Whitley. A lot of talk that Whitley has improved and Corbin hasn’t looked great in 7 on 7. Which doesn’t mean much considering Corbins dominance the last couple years and the entire series against Whitley. But I want to see if the gap has decreased any
corbin vs whitley is always a good rivalry game but i don’t see whitley hanging around
Knox Central @ Bell Co. love this rivalry has picked back up. Thanks Fred and Dudley!
The season opener with Lousanne Collegiate Academy out of Memphis playing at Mayfield. Lousanne won the Tn D2 Private division in 16 and 17 and got beat in the semi finals in 18. They were riding a 38 game win streak before that semifinal loss. They did lose there All state RB who was a 3x Mr Football and now at UT, so, they may not be quite as good as they've been the last 3 years, but, still a very tough team that tends to add a lot of new players every year. I expect them to be similar to a CAL or Desales type team. And, of course, Mayfield should be loaded again this year, at least on the offensive side of the ball. They return there QB for a 3rd year as a starter, there 3 best WRs, a couple of solid RBs and the majority of there OL.. This should be a heck of a game..
Imo, getting a game with Cov Cath would've been very interesting for the Pirates, but the game with Kettering Alter (Oh.) has to be a must see. Win or lose, this game will help the Pirates prepare for the post season and Kroger Field.
UCfan1 Wrote:Corbin vs Whitley. A lot of talk that Whitley has improved and Corbin hasn’t looked great in 7 on 7. Which doesn’t mean much considering Corbins dominance the last couple years and the entire series against Whitley. But I want to see if the gap has decreased any

Corbin was a great team last year because the QB made plays. That position doesn't have to be a great thrower but if they aren't, they have to be able to make plays with their feet. Haddix will figure it out.

7v7 is fun to watch and can help with timing but it only REALLY matters if you can throw with pads on.
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:Imo, getting a game with Cov Cath would've been very interesting for the Pirates, but the game with Kettering Alter (Oh.) has to be a must see. Win or lose, this game will help the Pirates prepare for the post season and Kroger Field.

Would love to have played CovCath or Trinity this season but alas...didn't happen.

Good for them. 😉