Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville Tigers Baseball
I heard the other day that there is trouble in paradise at paintsville with there head coach has anyone heard anything or is it just a rumor???
valleyrules101 Wrote:I heard the other day that there is trouble in paradise at paintsville with there head coach has anyone heard anything or is it just a rumor???
It ain't exactly paradise.
Yeah I hear they're looking for a new one. I have no clue why cause Coach Howard is a great coach.
It seems as though I heard something similar to this as well. I wasn't told any details, but I heard they are quite a few things happening right now around the Tiger baseball team.
In my opinion they would be crazy to get rid of Tucker! A great person and a great coach. Why would they even consider it in the first place?
What is going on here? A new coach that had a great record and is a great teacher of the game is having trouble keeping his job. My gosh, his two defeats in the playoffs were by the eventual Regional champs! I bet Charlie wouldn't been hearing these rumblings. You all must have some of our former players and parents over there. Sounds like a JC problem LOL
First, let me make one thing very clear.....Not one parent went to any PHS authority and asked that any coach be removed or fired.
I know it must be hard for some to realize that it is possible for parents to have concerns and voice them in seeking an answer without asking for heads to roll.
This is basically what has happened and we held practice tonight for 2 hours and forty five minutes. It was the best practice they have had since March. Could the concerns being addressed have anything to do with it??? Dunno. Will this newfound hard work last....Dunno....We will have to wait and see.
so what is the problem why is there problems then?
Yeah, will someone get to the bottom of all of this?
Let things be. If it starting to look better, leave it alone. Don't drag up stuff that has been fixed! These are kids lives were talking about.
Good luck Coach Howard!
I dont know what is going on..Haven't heard anything about it, but if I were guessing, Coach Howard will return next year!
It amazes me when Paintsville does something how everyone else seems to know it before it's done. So what if the parents had a meeting with school officials. They evidently had some questions and/or concerns. You know just because someone has a meeting doesn't mean that someone is in trouble. My understanding is the entire team is now gone to a camp for the week and this does include the coaches. So rest assured all of you silent Paintsville watchers, things seem to be running smoothly in the Tiger camp. Let's not try to drum up trouble when there isn't anything to come of it.
bill mike probably wants it back
Grand Slam Wrote:bill mike probably wants it back

Uhhhh....Runyon never had it.
Lefty Wrote:It amazes me when Paintsville does something how everyone else seems to know it before it's done. So what if the parents had a meeting with school officials. They evidently had some questions and/or concerns. You know just because someone has a meeting doesn't mean that someone is in trouble. My understanding is the entire team is now gone to a camp for the week and this does include the coaches. So rest assured all of you silent Paintsville watchers, things seem to be running smoothly in the Tiger camp. Let's not try to drum up trouble when there isn't anything to come of it.

Yes they are at camp/very expensive tourney. I doubt that it is running smooth since they lost to Bethlehem HS today 6-5. I was told that BHS looked about as good as an average South Floyd.
We had every pitcher available and used 4-5 in this one game......Doesn't sound much like trying to win a game when you use a different pitcher in just about every inning. First three innings, three different pitchers, and we were leading the whole way???
Grand Slam Wrote:bill mike probably wants it back

Coach Runyon was never the head coach. He was an assistant under Coach Adkins for a long time.
I'm sure Coach Howard will be there for probably a long long time...
The Guru Wrote:Yes they are at camp/very expensive tourney. I doubt that it is running smooth since they lost to Bethlehem HS today 6-5. I was told that BHS looked about as good as an average South Floyd.
We had every pitcher available and used 4-5 in this one game......Doesn't sound much like trying to win a game when you use a different pitcher in just about every inning. First three innings, three different pitchers, and we were leading the whole way???

Never said anything about camp running smoothly. Just trying to tone down the rumor mill of heads rolling due to a parent meeting.

As for the game yesterday at camp, who can figure how Howard is doing his pitching, no one was able to figure it out in regular season either.
Lefty Wrote:Never said anything about camp running smoothly. Just trying to tone down the rumor mill of heads rolling due to a parent meeting.

As for the game yesterday at camp, who can figure how Howard is doing his pitching, no one was able to figure it out in regular season either.

Trust me.....I know for a fact that there will be no heads roll due to the parents meeting with anyone.
The entire summer has been anything but smooth.
I guess that is why their summer record stands at 4-8-1 and will end at either 4-11-1 or 4-10-1.
My prediction for next season will be about this same percentage. Win probably a third or maye just a little more.
The Guru Wrote:Trust me.....I know for a fact that there will be no heads roll due to the parents meeting with anyone.
I guess that is why their summer record stands at 4-8-1 and will end at either 4-11-1 or 4-10-1.
My prediction for next season will be about this same percentage. Win probably a third or maye just a little more.

WOW! Really? or jus frustrated right now over the whole situation? could all this stuff thats supposedly going on really affect all the talent ya guys got back next year? i have no clue whats going on, is it really that bad? a PM would be nice from ya!!! haha
hope ya guys get everything straightened out before too long!
Everyone needs to be thankful for the baseball program Paintsville has, you guys are not playing ball in floyd co. With the returning talent Paintsville has they should win the region next year. If a lot of people are not happy you better look around at the rest of the 15th. Most of the baseball players in the region would love to play for a program as successful as paintsville. I don't know what the problem is but please be careful and not destory your program whatever it is.
bad hop Wrote:Everyone needs to be thankful for the baseball program Paintsville has, you guys are not playing ball in floyd co. With the returning talent Paintsville has they should win the region next year. If a lot of people are not happy you better look around at the rest of the 15th. Most of the baseball players in the region would love to play for a program as successful as paintsville. I don't know what the problem is but please be careful and not destory your program whatever it is.

Nice post. I agree. I only wish more people felt that way. Many schools/players/parents should feel blessed with what they have at several schools in our area.
bad hop Wrote:Everyone needs to be thankful for the baseball program Paintsville has, you guys are not playing ball in floyd co. With the returning talent Paintsville has they should win the region next year. If a lot of people are not happy you better look around at the rest of the 15th. Most of the baseball players in the region would love to play for a program as successful as paintsville. I don't know what the problem is but please be careful and not destory your program whatever it is.

AMEN BROTHER!!!!
I dont know anything about what is going on, but could this have anything to do with the fact that Central is beginning to dominate Johnson County sports. They have won couple regional titles in baseball past few years, and Pville basketball has struggled with a lot of talent, and you may never compete with Central again in football. The dynasty known as Paintsville sports could be be coming to an end.
The Guru Wrote:Yes they are at camp/very expensive tourney. I doubt that it is running smooth since they lost to Bethlehem HS today 6-5. I was told that BHS looked about as good as an average South Floyd.

If Painstville used their #4 & #5, who are they? Also, please list #1, #2 & #3.
Paintsville, JC, and Pikeville were always the best teams in the region. Paintsville and Pikeville struggled this year but they will strive to be be number 1. As far as following a legend, Coach Adkins, Tucker will be OK with some time.
The Guru Wrote:Trust me.....I know for a fact that there will be no heads roll due to the parents meeting with anyone.

I agree with you. There will be NOTHING done at all. I just hate to see good ball players who are quite capable of winning a regional title suffer.
Tubby Hater Wrote:I dont know anything about what is going on, but could this have anything to do with the fact that Central is beginning to dominate Johnson County sports. They have won couple regional titles in baseball past few years, and Pville basketball has struggled with a lot of talent, and you may never compete with Central again in football. The dynasty known as Paintsville sports could be be coming to an end.

Dynasty? Never knew Paintsville had become a dynasty. I love a good joke in the morning. Thanks for the laughs.
sportsfanatic Wrote:Paintsville, JC, and Pikeville were always the best teams in the region. Paintsville and Pikeville struggled this year but they will strive to be be number 1. As far as following a legend, Coach Adkins, Tucker will be OK with some time.
What the heck are you talking about?? My God son, Paintsville had a 27-5 record this season. Wouldn't everyone love to struggle like that? Paintsville beaten by a pitcher in the district that has the capabilities to throw 90+ MPH and has signed a Division I scholarship, and it took extra innings to do that.
Lefty Wrote:Dynasty? Never knew Paintsville had become a dynasty. I love a good joke in the morning. Thanks for the laughs.

I can very well remember the time when Paintsville was a true 15th region dynasty in baseball, and that certainly is no joke. Time have a way of changing things, but at one time Paintsville was the premeir program in eastern Kentucky baseball. I think that Paintsville will continue to have one of the best programs in eastern Kentucky, but I dont see a dynasty type situation ever happening again. It's not that Paintsville has done anything wrong or anything different than they have ever done. I just think that a couple of other programs in the area has begun to do a better job with promoting and developing their own respective resources that has always been right under their noses.