6.) Knox Central
7.) Somerset
8.) Pulaski Co
9.) Southwestern
10.) Ashland
Whitley County!
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley County!

Their ranked #37 in the mountains.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Their ranked #37 in the mountains.

I didn't even know they field a team?

in your poll?

At least they are in the mountains and in Kentucky :biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:At least they are in the mountains and in Kentucky :biggrin:

pj, if your parents knew how dumb you were going be they would have traded you in for a pet monkey.
pjdoug Wrote:in your poll?

Any poll. Whitley should just drop football and take up Foosball. At least by starting a new sport you could justify all the losing you guys do for at least 4-5 years. You ever think that football just may not be your sport?
#55PirateFan Wrote:pj, if your parents knew how dumb you were going be they would have traded you in for a pet monkey.

I'm extremely intelligent.:closeenough:
#55PirateFan Wrote:Any poll. Whitley should just drop football and take up Foosball. At least by starting a new sport you could justify all the losing you guys do for at least 4-5 years. You ever think that football just may not be your sport?

They can be great like your school if they start recruiting out of state Big Grin
pjdoug Wrote:They can be great like your school if they start recruiting out of state Big Grin

I know for a fact Whitley county recruits at bingo. The key is someone else need to win besides me. :biglmao:
pjdoug Wrote:They can be great like your school if they start recruiting out of state Big Grin

I find this kinda funny considering that Whitley has had a few kids play there that lived in Jellico over the years.
64SUR Wrote:I know for a fact Whitley county recruits at bingo. The key is someone else need to win besides me. :biglmao:

They should give your money back in exchange for recruits.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I find this kinda funny considering that Whitley has had a few kids play there that lived in Jellico over the years.

^ That is a weak and comical comment . Name some. You hired Jellico's head coach as an assistant. I wonder why :popcorn:
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I find this kinda funny considering that Whitley has had a few kids play there that lived in Jellico over the years.

keep talking out the wrong end and you'll get exposed.
pjdoug Wrote:I'm extremely intelligent.:closeenough:

I know you are big guy, just messing with you. All joking aside, how does Whitley look this year?
#55PirateFan Wrote:I know you are big guy, just messing with you. All joking aside, how does Whitley look this year?

I know. You have a good sense of humor to put up with me.lol. Whitley has a way to go but you can tell they are well coached, stronger, being taught fundamentals and how to play the game.. if Jep and company are left alome and get plenty support they can build this into a good program.it was just a scrimmage last night but the defense really looked good at times.I liked how the team ran onto the field like they were excited and confident.late in the game I heard the coach say to a player, stop standing around. We're going to have to get in shape Smile
pjdoug Wrote:I know. You have a good sense of humor to put up with me.lol. Whitley has a way to go but you can tell they are well coached, stronger, being taught fundamentals and how to play the game.. if Jep and company are left alome and get plenty support they can build this into a good program.it was just a scrimmage last night but the defense really looked good at times.I liked how the team ran onto the field like they were excited and confident.late in the game I heard the coach say to a player, stop standing around. We're going to have to get in shape Smile

Good deal. Hope you guys have a great, injury free season. Things are getting better there no doubt.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I would not have put Bell at #6 ahead of two teams who went to the Semi-Finals if they were some paper tiger.

Bell will have a very solid team period with the skill and experience they return, but to not acknowledge there are questions would be short sighted (especially with Frazier leaving).

The reason people keep bringing up schedule is because Bell County only played two games against a team who was even among the Top 15 teams in their respective class last year, those were both against Corbin and Bell lost by a combined score of 75-30. Using the Calpreps rating the only other team who was even ranked in the Top 100 in Kentucky was Casey County. Calpreps had Bell with only the 25th toughest Strength of Schedule in Class 3A last year.

I personally think Bell's schedule is considerably improved this year in their Defense. Though they lose Corbin: Knox Central will be solid, Harlan County should be improved, and South Laurel is an upgrade over their non-District foes from last year.
Calpreps isn't in love with the Bell schedule this year either. 2018 Regular Season Schedule Strength: -10.3 (-9.1 overall)
2019 Regular Season Schedule Strength: -27.3
2019 vs. 2018 Schedule Strength Comparison: -17
pjdoug Wrote:I know. You have a good sense of humor to put up with me.lol. Whitley has a way to go but you can tell they are well coached, stronger, being taught fundamentals and how to play the game.. if Jep and company are left alome and get plenty support they can build this into a good program.it was just a scrimmage last night but the defense really looked good at times.I liked how the team ran onto the field like they were excited and confident.late in the game I heard the coach say to a player, stop standing around. We're going to have to get in shape Smile

Sounds like you’ve got a coach that’s invested in improving the program in stead of just winning games in the short run. Hope Whitley has a great year👍🏼
#55PirateFan Wrote:Good deal. Hope you guys have a great, injury free season. Things are getting better there no doubt.

Thanks. I wish the same for you and your family.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Sounds like you’ve got a coach that’s invested in improving the program in stead of just winning games in the short run. Hope Whitley has a great year👍🏼
I hope he sticks around builds the youth league and stops losing 8th graders.
pjdoug Wrote:I hope he sticks around builds the youth league and stops losing 8th graders.

Nothing would make me happier than to see someone that the administration cant influence, I'm impressed so far from everything I've heard and seen good luck going forward those kids deserve everything theyre getting with Irwin, if he turns out to be what he seems its been a long time coming...…..