Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MMA or Boxing?
Which do you prefer? I used to box in the early 90s, (1990-94) when the sport still had some glory to it. However in my opinion, paying $50 for a pay per view to see mediocre fighters not even fighting for belts and not putting marquee fights on television basically just killed the sport. I still like boxing, but I LOVE MMA fighting. Im addicted to UFC, PrideFC, and reason being, they have done an outstanding job putting it on REGULAR cable and marketing it for the fans. You can see great fights on Spike or check out IFC on Fox Sports South. Its an easy no brainer for me, give me UFC on Spike, IFC or Pride any day of the week.
Well, one thing about MMA. I guarantee you that if a fight is rigged, that at least a man will go out with a bloody nose or cut to prove it, lol! Boxing is a joke anymore! I tell you what would solve alot of problems for both. Have a purse for the winner, and have the losing fighter get about 10-15% of what the winner gets! IMO, that would solve ALOT! I say no contest TH32, as you know I am hooked a well! MMA is a slaughter! Dane is a genious and Joe Rogan said it best, Boxing is mad because MMA is running over there sport and later stated that when Mayweather and De LaHoya leave the sport, that it is done because they have no names coming up!
your right. Boxing has nobody to blame but its greedy self. In it heyday, up through the 70s when guys like Joe Frazier (my favorite), Ken Norton, Ali, George Foreman fought, you could watch it on live television. Now you have to pay a kings price to watch average fighters fight. ESPN Classic shows classic fights all the time, and Ill bet more people watch those 35 year old fights more than they watch today. As long as Dana White dont get too greedy, and keep it exactly like it is right now, they'll have the perfect blend. You can still watch great fights on Spike, and save the marquee ones for the PPV's..
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Well, one thing about MMA. I guarantee you that if a fight is rigged, that at least a man will go out with a bloody nose or cut to prove it, lol! Boxing is a joke anymore! I tell you what would solve alot of problems for both. Have a purse for the winner, and have the losing fighter get about 10-15% of what the winner gets! IMO, that would solve ALOT! I say no contest TH32, as you know I am hooked a well! MMA is a slaughter! Dane is a genious and Joe Rogan said it best, Boxing is mad because MMA is running over there sport and later stated that when Mayweather and De LaHoya leave the sport, that it is done because they have no names coming up!
And it is on every night on some channel, MMA that is! It is just the ultimate IMO!
I'd rather watch Ninja Warrior on G4 than either of these two options.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MMA is bad-ass, I have a friend who does Warrior Fighting Challenge, and I'm going to watch him at Turfway Park August 11th.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Mma
TH32..you should have posted a poll!
boxing
And why boxing. It is an opinionated site and would like to hear why someone would pick boxing over MMA? It is like comparing 2 hand touch to real football!
Take the floor stuff out of MMA and we might have the starting point of a conversation. Keep 'em on their feet like warriors.
TomSportsHack Wrote:Take the floor stuff out of MMA and we might have the starting point of a conversation. Keep 'em on their feet like warriors.

I do agree with that part, it's dumb once they just start rolling around on the ground.

But, for instance, my friend does MMA, and they started one match, he ran up, hit the dude twice, the dude fell to the floor, my friend just starts going to town on him, he taps out. That part's ok with me, it's when they're in holds for 5+ minutes that bore me.

I'm still MMA though
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
K-1 and muay thai are superior to MMA.
MMA I love the stuff there is just more to it but i still like boxing thought but i like MMA better point blank
TomSportsHack Wrote:K-1 and muay thai are superior to MMA.

No Way i reather watch UFC IFL OR Pride anyday of the week