Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019/2020 Preseason 285lb Wrestling Rankings
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I think that Russell should start a wrestling program. It would help with football imo.

I'm going to tell you something brother. For Ethan, wrestling was the best thing that he could have ever done for help on the football field! His Freshman year Coach Heywood ask him to wrestle. Ethan was struggling with his feet work, hands, and hip movement. I thought he was crazy but I told Ethan if he wanted to try it that it could only help. By his Sophomore year we saw a huge difference. Not only was he better on his feet, he got nasty hands and his hip movement improved 100% and he was slinging defensive lineman like they were nothing. Not only that his speed shot through the roof. Wrestling was the best move he ever made. And I'll be honest, if it wasnt for wrestling he'd never be the football player he is today. And that's a fact. And probably wouldn't be going to college either. I wish every school would buy in to the program. Just look at Johnson Central. They have one of, if not the best wrestling programs in the state. And Coach Matney runs both programs himself. And I do believe that's why they are so dominant on the football field to. I really hope Russell gets a program. You guys would see a world of a difference, especially line play. I've always liked and respected Russell football. And I'm always cheering you guys on if were not playing. Good luck to you guys on a great and injury free season.
Messages In This Thread
2019/2020 Preseason 285lb Wrestling Rankings - by #55PirateFan - 08-09-2019, 05:25 AM