Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E3!
This past week G4TV aired E3 2007 (electronic entertainment expo). Micr$oft, Sony and Nintendo all had pretty good segments.

Micro$oft has a big line up for Christmas this year. A lot of new games wil be out for the 360, Halo 3 was def their biggest thing. Call of Duty 4 and Medal of Honor Airbourne looked great as well.

Sony also showed that they too will finally be gettin more then a couple games out for the holiday. Metal Gear 4 and the new Final Fantasy made big splashes for the PS3.

Nintendo revealed many new games, of course they are for all ages, and new accessories for their system. Mario Galaxy and a NEW! Mario Kart are coming. They also have Wii Fit which is a fitness type game that comes with a step board of sorts. You work out on it kinda and u can play some games. nintendo also has a Wii Zapper for first person shooter games. It turns the Wii remote into a gun.

Looks like the gaming world just gets better this holiday season.
I believe that Micrsoft was the most impressive. They have made more than Sony and Nintendo combined and I see them making much more this holiday season.
If the rumor floating around is true about Xbox core dropping to $199, premium $249 and elite $299 on august 1st. Then the console wars is over at least between xbox and ps3..

The Wii is here to stay because it's just a totally different experience,plus mario and zelda, in addition kids love it.
warriorpride Wrote:I believe that Micrsoft was the most impressive. They have made more than Sony and Nintendo combined and I see them making much more this holiday season.

I may seem like a Nintendo homer but I am telling my unbiased opinion. I think the Wii had the best showing by far!!! Tell me a little bit of the stuff that Microsoft displayed, there may have been some things I missed. :thumpsup:
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I may seem like a Nintendo homer but I am telling my unbiased opinion. I think the Wii had the best showing by far!!! Tell me a little bit of the stuff that Microsoft displayed, there may have been some things I missed. :thumpsup:

You got the WII to? We love ours.. Even though I threw my back out other night playing wario wareSmile Great game btw..
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I may seem like a Nintendo homer but I am telling my unbiased opinion. I think the Wii had the best showing by far!!! Tell me a little bit of the stuff that Microsoft displayed, there may have been some things I missed. :thumpsup:

I read Wii was outselling 360 around 10-1 and ps3 like 20-1.. Not exact numbers so don't quote me on this. Read it on digg. Will try to find a link..

BTW, I love laying on the couch with the wii mote and browsing the internet..Pretty cool.

Reggie Bush playing madden 08 on 360 than I liked Rock Band, and it showed some previews of GTA IV. I dindt watch all of the last day though.
Please tell me that Wii is still going to release the new duck hunt game with the blaster gun. Tell me please.. Blast some ducks in 3d with a rifle. Now thats a game.
LOL yea that whould be fun.
calQlate Wrote:I read Wii was outselling 360 around 10-1 and ps3 like 20-1.. Not exact numbers so don't quote me on this. Read it on digg. Will try to find a link..

BTW, I love laying on the couch with the wii mote and browsing the internet..Pretty cool.

Yeah, Wii has definitely won the early portion of this current round of 'console wars'. Partially because it's much more affordable, and probably even more so because of the unique gameplay. I love my Wii, and so does my son. Heck, my wife even loves to play the Wii, and she usually hates to play video games!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Yeah, Wii has definitely won the early portion of this current round of 'console wars'. Partially because it's much more affordable, and probably even more so because of the unique gameplay. I love my Wii, and so does my son. Heck, my wife even loves to play the Wii, and she usually hates to play video games!

Smile Same here man. I never recall my wife playing video game until we got the wii.. It's great for families.. We all laugh and have a great time playing it..
calQlate Wrote:Smile Same here man. I never recall my wife playing video game until we got the wii.. It's great for families.. We all laugh and have a great time playing it..

Before the Wii, the closest my wife would ever come to video games was to watch me play certain games that had storylines she could get into. Now, whenever I leave the house, when I come home she's playing something on Wii Sports!

Even funnier, there for a while she was kicking my butt every time on bowling, although my skills on that game have caught back up to her now. :thumpsup:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Before the Wii, the closest my wife would ever come to video games was to watch me play certain games that had storylines she could get into. Now, whenever I leave the house, when I come home she's playing something on Wii Sports!

Even funnier, there for a while she was kicking my butt every time on bowling, although my skills on that game have caught back up to her now. :thumpsup:

LOL! Sounds like we would get along good man.. Do I a happen to know you by any chance? My wife does the same thing. For instance, when I play silent hill she watches in suspense. She also beats my ass in bowling.. I haven't had the time to overtake her, I will though. Wink
calQlate Wrote:LOL! Sounds like we would get along good man.. Do I a happen to know you by any chance? My wife does the same thing. For instance, when I play silent hill she watches in suspense. She also beats my ass in bowling.. I haven't had the time to overtake her, I will though. Wink

HA! They must have been separated at birth, man, my wife also loved to watch me play stuff like Silent Hill and Resident Evil! She also liked to watch me play Zelda games, too.

As for Wii Sports, I have caught back to her on bowling, and we are pretty even on tennis, but I smoke her on baseball and golf! (she hasn't played boxing yet)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
warriorpride Wrote:Reggie Bush playing madden 08 on 360 than I liked Rock Band, and it showed some previews of GTA IV. I dindt watch all of the last day though.

I think that the Rock band is coming to the Wii. Also, Madden on the Wii is amazing. I love actually being able to hike the ball, lean back and then throw... It is so cool.
calQlate Wrote:LOL! Sounds like we would get along good man.. Do I a happen to know you by any chance? My wife does the same thing. For instance, when I play silent hill she watches in suspense. She also beats my ass in bowling.. I haven't had the time to overtake her, I will though. Wink

All of us should get together and play one massive game of golf on the Wii. It would be like the "Bluegrass open" lol.
calQlate Wrote:If the rumor floating around is true about Xbox core dropping to $199, premium $249 and elite $299 on august 1st. Then the console wars is over at least between xbox and ps3..

The Wii is here to stay because it's just a totally different experience,plus mario and zelda, in addition kids love it.
if thats true i will buy an elite 360. mine is workin fine, no signs of the Three Red Lights of Doom.

There are also rumors of Xbox live gold becoming free for everyone, the new Metal gear Solid coming out on 360 as well as PS3. so we can only hope and see.
Amun-Ra Wrote:if thats true i will buy an elite 360. mine is workin fine, no signs of the Three Red Lights of Doom.

There are also rumors of Xbox live gold becoming free for everyone, the new Metal gear Solid coming out on 360 as well as PS3. so we can only hope and see.
I'm guessing you didn't watch sonys e3 press conference because the games dev clearly said mgs4 was a ps3 exclusive.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I'm guessing you didn't watch sonys e3 press conference because the games dev clearly said mgs4 was a ps3 exclusive.
man when there is money at stake believe nothign what u hear and less than half of what u see. If Konami thinks they can cash in on the 360 they will!
Its not up to the publisher its up to Hideo Kojima the devoloper and he said it is not coming to the 360 plain and simple get over it.
E3 2007: MGS 4 Confirmed As PS3 Exclusive, Kojima's Last MGS

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/1489.html
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Its not up to the publisher its up to Hideo Kojima the devoloper and he said it is not coming to the 360 plain and simple get over it.
Hey dont be telling me to get over anything. I dont care if MGS4 comes out and its so good it takes a dump on every other game ever made. I dont care for those games. I was repeating what they said on G4 TV. I didnt know kojima himself said it was just for PS3. Making it an "exclusive" PS3 games only cuts their profits. To me thats stupid when they could easily double sales if they made it available on another console.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Hey dont be telling me to get over anything. I dont care if MGS4 comes out and its so good it takes a dump on every other game ever made. I dont care for those games. I was repeating what they said on G4 TV. I didnt know kojima himself said it was just for PS3. Making it an "exclusive" PS3 games only cuts their profits. To me thats stupid when they could easily double sales if they made it available on another console.
If you would have watched the sony press conference you would have known that. I watched all three so I know what went on. .You must care somewhat about mgs4 because you are the one who brought it up.
Amun-Ra Wrote:man when there is money at stake believe nothign what u hear and less than half of what u see. If Konami thinks they can cash in on the 360 they will!

I agree, so many times they say that a game is an exclusive for a certain system, and it is at first. Then a year or so later, it comes out for the others after all. I don't care who makes the decisions, be it the developer, the publisher, whatever, but the lure of the green is a powerful motivator to release it on other systems...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I agree, so many times they say that a game is an exclusive for a certain system, and it is at first. Then a year or so later, it comes out for the others after all. I don't care who makes the decisions, be it the developer, the publisher, whatever, but the lure of the green is a powerful motivator to release it on other systems...

AKA Resident Evil 4. In two different generations lol. It is even out on Wii now. It is my hope that RE 5 will eventually make its way to Wii. Is NCAA football coming out for the Wii this year?
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:If you would have watched the sony press conference you would have known that. I watched all three so I know what went on. .You must care somewhat about mgs4 because you are the one who brought it up.
No i just remember them talking about it so i figured i would let everyone on here know about it. There was another rumor they talked about but i cant remember that one so i left it out. I guess that means I dont care about that one.
I did miss some of the Sony press conference, so I guess you know more than me.
All i really watched was the last day and after i watched the Halo 3 trailer i couldnt care less about any other game or system September 25 cant come soon enough
Thorn67 Wrote:All i really watched was the last day and after i watched the Halo 3 trailer i couldnt care less about any other game or system September 25 cant come soon enough

Man you need to watch the Metroid Prime 3 trailer. It is also (in Cartman's words) freakin' sweet.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Man you need to watch the Metroid Prime 3 trailer. It is also (in Cartman's words) freakin' sweet.
You are correct sir. Looks great. makes me want to get a Wii now.