•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region team to beat in '08
Its always sad to hear that someone with such talent has to go through a difficult process.
Good Luck in with the Rehab big guy.
i see things going into this order

1)LCHS
2)JCHS
3)PHS
4)MCHS
5)SCHS:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
Paintsville
TheVoice2007 Wrote:i see things going into this order

1)LCHS
2)JCHS
3)PHS
4)MCHS
5)SCHS:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

is that PHS, Pikeville, Prestonsburg or Paintsville?
magoffin#10 Wrote:1.lawrence county
2.magoffin county
3.belfry
4.paintsville
5.pikeville
6.j.c
7.sheldon clark
8.pburg
9.allen central
10.er

whats up with belfry so low. i remember pikeville pouncing them. and i heard p burg did. didnt believe it though
If...Then Wrote:whats up with belfry so low. i remember pikeville pouncing them. and i heard p burg did. didnt believe it though
Pikeville did beat the 6-0 with Ward pitching a gem, BUT Belfry also beat them 11-1 i beilieve.
what kind of pitching will the panthers be returning this year besides Harmon?
If...Then Wrote:whats up with belfry so low. i remember pikeville pouncing them. and i heard p burg did. didnt believe it though
With no disrespect, Why is Magoffin so high? I would definitely put Pikeville and Belfry above them easily. Pikeville will have a very solid team returning this year.
why is everyone dissing MC more than half of their team played on magoffins summer ball team which surprised everyone at the state tournment this year this team is no pushover i have seen these guys play and they are a pretty good baseball team.
magoffin#10 Wrote:why is everyone dissing MC more than half of their team played on magoffins summer ball team which surprised everyone at the state tournment this year this team is no pushover i have seen these guys play and they are a pretty good baseball team.

What state tournament are you talking about?
Probably the Bluegrass Games slow pitch tournament...lol..jk. I never knew of Magoffin Co. having a Big League team or any other type of sanctioned league for high school players to have a chance to play for a state title in the summer, so I am pretty suprised that Magoffin#10 said they suprised people at a state tournament this past summer.
GRIZZ Wrote:Probably the Bluegrass Games slow pitch tournament...lol..jk. I never knew of Magoffin Co. having a Big League team or any other type of sanctioned league for high school players to have a chance to play for a state title in the summer, so I am pretty suprised that Magoffin#10 said they suprised people at a state tournament this past summer.
Hes talking about the 14-15 year old babe ruth team magoffin has during summer(Most of magoffin team players play for the babe ruth team). They won their district and loss by 1 run in extra ininngs at the state tournment
baseballfan Wrote:Hes talking about the 14-15 year old babe ruth team magoffin has during summer(Most of magoffin team players play for the babe ruth team). They won their district and loss by 1 run in extra ininngs at the state tournment

How many teams are in their actual Babe Ruth distict? Maybe one other team, so if you take them in the series its an automatic bid for the state tourney. Its really not a good comparison as to how these teams are going to be next year or in the future because of kids moving or deciding not to play. But if they want to base their next season on a group of up-coming 14 & 15 year olds, they will be in for a suprise. I don't know of any team winning the district or regional title with a JV team.
GRIZZ Wrote:How many teams are in their actual Babe Ruth distict? Maybe one other team, so if you take them in the series its an automatic bid for the state tourney. Its really not a good comparison as to how these teams are going to be next year or in the future because of kids moving or deciding not to play. But if they want to base their next season on a group of up-coming 14 & 15 year olds, they will be in for a suprise. I don't know of any team winning the district or regional title with a JV team.
Well funny thing his about 7 of those 15 years olds turn 16 after the deadline and they are juniors in high school and there was 1 sophmore and the rest freshman that played on the team. And 7 of the 14-15 group have been starting for magoffin for about 2 years now. So that group is basically thier varisty team and add about 3 seniors to thier team and there is magoffins baseball team
What Grizz is trying to say, is basing a comparison to a 15th region Championship calibur team, is not even in the same league as a Babe Ruth team who qualifies for State play after defeating one team in a best of 3 series, which Magoffin did this year. Granted, I will be the first to acknowledge a job well done by that group of boys and a big congratulations. being able to say you advanced to ANY kind of state tourney is a great acomplishment, and something they prob wont forget for awhile, but i feel the same way Grizz does on this, in comparing the youth league tourney and a KHSAA tourney.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:What Grizz is trying to say, is basing a comparison to a 15th region Championship calibur team, is not even in the same league as a Babe Ruth team who qualifies for State play after defeating one team in a best of 3 series, which Magoffin did this year.

:Thumbs:
baseballfan Wrote:Well funny thing his about 7 of those 15 years olds turn 16 after the deadline and they are juniors in high school and there was 1 sophmore and the rest freshman that played on the team. And 7 of the 14-15 group have been starting for magoffin for about 2 years now. So that group is basically thier varisty team and add about 3 seniors to thier team and there is magoffins baseball team

In all reality , most of the good players that play for the other 15th region power teams do not play Babe Ruth baseball anyways. They are on select travel teams or American Legion teams. Even though most of the better 15th region teams do indeed have summer teams, they do not compete against Babe Ruth teams, so you really did not face anywhere close to the same level of competition that you will see in high school play. In reality you have a lot of kids that play Babe Ruth that cannot even make their own high school teams, or that receive a lot of PT.
have to go with my boys from LC. Made it to region title game last year and should've won. beat JC in district title game. Should have a really nice team this year only lost one senior pitcher but we have a lot of talent behind him so no problems there
WVUfan33 Wrote:have to go with my boys from LC. Made it to region title game last year and should've won. beat JC in district title game. Should have a really nice team this year only lost one senior pitcher but we have a lot of talent behind him so no problems there
Lawrence County will definitely have a stacked team this year. I saw them play at the Tanner Dodge Classic in Powell last year and they had a heck of a game against Rockcastle. It was one of the better baseball games I've seen played in the mountains. They all carry a big bat and have great skills in the field. I dont think that Roberts is going to be a huge loss for them. I'm sure they can make up for that.
Godspeed Wrote:Its always sad to hear that someone with such talent has to go through a difficult process.
Good Luck in with the Rehab big guy.
I understand that Scott is doing well, no problems so far. He will be able to start throwing some at the end of Nov. and can pitch off the mound a couple months after that. So who knows maybe some relief outings come tourney time. Of course that will depend on the doctor, I'm sure. I know that Scott thanks everyone for their concern.
belfry
lawrence co will be tough
Painstville and ER will be teams to beat.
WVUfan33 Wrote:have to go with my boys from LC. Made it to region title game last year and should've won. beat JC in district title game. Should have a really nice team this year only lost one senior pitcher but we have a lot of talent behind him so no problems there
Have to agree. But I wonder what happened over the last 2-3 years??? I mean, 3 and 4 years ago, this same bunch of dawgs playing JV for LCHS would get pummeled every time they played Paintsville, and now that everyone is varsity, LCHS is at least 10 runs better than Paintsville. Does LCHS have a secret that actually make kids improve 1000 %, or have ...the tigerkids just not improved any?:confused:
The Guru Wrote:Have to agree. But I wonder what happened over the last 2-3 years??? I mean, 3 and 4 years ago, this same bunch of dawgs playing JV for LCHS would get pummeled every time they played Paintsville, and now that everyone is varsity, LCHS is at least 10 runs better than Paintsville. Does LCHS have a secret that actually make kids improve 1000 %, or have ...the tigerkids just not improved any?:confused:
Good point Guru. I would def. have to go with the Dawgs. They have a very athletic team and I strongly believe you could see them at Applebee's next year.
The Guru Wrote:Have to agree. But I wonder what happened over the last 2-3 years??? I mean, 3 and 4 years ago, this same bunch of dawgs playing JV for LCHS would get pummeled every time they played Paintsville, and now that everyone is varsity, LCHS is at least 10 runs better than Paintsville. Does LCHS have a secret that actually make kids improve 1000 %, or have ...the tigerkids just not improved any?:confused:
Maybe they have gotten beaten by Paintsville over the years at the JV level, I really dont know, but I'm still going to rub it in a little from last year. They are better than what you thought they were, aint they.Smile I really hate being one of those told you so guys. It just goes against my charactor. I'm just messin with ya Guru.Cool

I attribute their development to the very good summer and fall schedule that they play year after year after year. For the most part, prior to this year most of these guys have played nothing but baseball, as a lot of the Paintsville guys play multiple sports. Go to some of the training facilities in Ashland or Huntington and you will generally see some of these guys either working out or are involved in a lot of the winter camps. I will say this, I think trhat what Lawrence needs to guard thenselves against this year is thinking they have it locked up before the season ever starts and stay hungry. I really think that Paintsville or Johnson Central is very capable of knocking them out of the district as well as Pikeville getting them in regional play. IMO, Pikeville will be a lot better this year than I think a lot of people will be giving them credit for.
Maybe they have gotten beaten by Paintsville over the years at the JV level, I really dont know, but I'm still going to rub it in a little from last year. They are better than what you thought they were, aint they.Smile I really hate being one of those told you so guys. It just goes against my charactor. I'm just messin with ya Guru.Cool

I attribute their development to the very good summer and fall schedule that they play year after year after year. For the most part, prior to this year most of these guys have played nothing but baseball, as a lot of the Paintsville guys play multiple sports. Go to some of the training facilities in Ashland or Huntington and you will generally see some of these guys either working out or are involved in a lot of the winter camps. I will say this, I think what Lawrence needs to guard thenselves against this year is thinking they have it locked up before the season ever starts and stay hungry. I really think that Paintsville or Johnson Central is very capable of knocking them out of the district as well as Pikeville getting them in regional play. I honestly did not think that they looked as good over the summer or fall as I thought that they would. IMO, Pikeville will be a lot better this year than I think a lot of people will be giving them credit for.
magoffin#10 Wrote:1.lawrence county
2.magoffin county
3.belfry
4.paintsville
5.pikeville
6.j.c
7.sheldon clark
8.pburg
9.allen central
10.er

AC has to be higher on this list....at least of P-burg....AC hasn't lost a district game in 2 years.....winning 7 of the past 8 district tournaments....and they only lost one starter to graduation and started 5 freshman last year if you count justin jackson on defense (Manuel Dh for him).....they should have beat lawerence county last year in the regional tournament (Lawerence scored 7 unearned runs).....but however Lawerence and Paintsville are the team to beat....johnson county lost alot due to graduation...pikeville is always there too...but look out for AC ti surprise some people
blackcat_student Wrote:Prestonsburg returns everyone from last season, including the player that led the 15th in batting average in, Josh Roudebaugh. Plus they return Bobby Hughes, Chris Schoolcraft, and Allen Craynon. So they are a team to look out for in '08.

this is the same team who couldn't beat AC who had a team full of freshman last year and they only lost one player who wasn't even any good....they should mature alot this year and beat Pburg to win their 8th district title in 9 years
blackcat_student Wrote:Prestonsburg returns everyone from last season, including the player that led the 15th in batting average in, Josh Roudebaugh. Plus they return Bobby Hughes, Chris Schoolcraft, and Allen Craynon. So they are a team to look out for in '08.

o yea and what was Rodebaugh's average against AC....i believe he only had one hit in 3 games against them....and a ton of strikeouts
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next