•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region team to beat in '08
1. Paintsville-still the best overall program in region.
2. LC-returning some good players,well coached.
3. JC-You have to give region winner some credit.
4. Belfry-with new field at the school i look for them to improve, also they have done well with their Little league program the past few years. May be one more year away.
5. Pikeville-Did improve the last of last season.
6. Allen Central-Would be higher if Little was available.
7.Prestonsburg-New coach must be better than the one they had.
8. Pike Central-Really played well at times last year.
9. SC-always manage to play better than expected.

The 57th is still the key but at least they are seeding this time.
I'm quite enjoying the zeal and passion shown by the Magoffin #2 ranking. This is just people ranking teams as they see it folks. It's not the AP or ESPN or even WYMT. It's totally okay to give an opinion, that's what makes this site so interesting!
Thank you Mrs. Douglas some posts were getting alittle excited.
Lawrence County..They have the most promising future
Paintsvilles pretty good and so is Lawrence Co.
but im still ruting for ERHS
Five Slamma Jamma Wrote:Lawrence County..They have the most promising future

Yes they do. But, I can name 3 other schools in the 15th that has just as much young talent and a promising future.
Prestonsburg will be a contedner just because of the simple fact that they only lost one player from last years team and he didnt contribute hardly anything at all.
IBleedRed Wrote:Prestonsburg will be a contedner just because of the simple fact that they only lost one player from last years team and he didnt contribute hardly anything at all.

I'd hate to bethat one guy!!! OUCH:ChairHit:
I'm going with the two teams from Johnson County with this one.
100%SUCCESS Wrote:I'm going with the two teams from Johnson County with this one.

that dont seem biast at all
bigE Wrote:that dont seem biast at all

I'm actually from Pike County!!!!!!! So no that isn't biast at all! That was just my opinion on who I thought would be tops in the region next year.
100%SUCCESS Wrote:I'm actually from Pike County!!!!!!! So no that isn't biast at all! That was just my opinion on who I thought would be tops in the region next year.

there are alot of pike county teams who could be contenders this year as well
bigE Wrote:there are alot of pike county teams who could be contenders this year as well

HaHa Smile funny stuff.

1. Paintsville- Still has great pitching deph and only loses 2 spots in the line up.
2. Lawrence - Returns ALOT of talent
3 .JCHS- Defending champs, loss of 2 great pitchers will hert.
BlueStripes Wrote:HaHa Smile funny stuff.

1. Paintsville- Still has great pitching deph and only loses 2 spots in the line up.
2. Lawrence - Returns ALOT of talent
3 .JCHS- Defending champs, loss of 2 great pitchers will hert.

but one of them will be beaten out in the district tourney and not even make it to region
that district is tough
magoffin#10 Wrote:1.lawrence county
2.magoffin county
3.belfry
4.paintsville
5.pikeville
6.j.c
7.sheldon clark
8.pburg
9.allen central
10.er

1.Paintsville(best record in the region last year, deserve number 1 as of now)
2.Lawrence
3.Johnson Central
4.Pikeville
5.Belfry
6.Prestonsburg
7.Magoffin
8.Sheldon Clark
9.Allen Central
10.ER
Lawrence County
-41- Wrote:1.Paintsville(best record in the region last year, deserve number 1 as of now)
2.Lawrence
3.Johnson Central
4.Pikeville
5.Belfry
6.Prestonsburg
7.Magoffin
8.Sheldon Clark
9.Allen Central
10.ER

and they also got beat first round of district, they had the weakest schedule east of lexington..
bigE Wrote:and they also got beat first round of district, they had the weakest schedule east of lexington..
You're entitled to your opinion and everyone has one. Paintsville played I believe, 10 teams that made it to a Region. They were 16-2 in the 15th Region and played several good teams during the season.

The 57th District is extremely competitive and solid last year, plus will be again in '08. Oak Ridge, Butler, J-Town, JCHS, Boyd County, Greenup County and Letcher Central, were some of the outstanding teams last year, the Tigers played.

Your comment, really doesn't make any sense but don't slight the other teams, Paintsville played.
[quote=bigE]and they also got beat first round of district, they had the weakest schedule east of lexington..[/quote]
Wow. The fact alone of playing in the 57th/15th and coming out with the record they did shows alot. Not to mention games with Butler (W), LCC(W), PCC(W) and 2 with Boyd. Do you honestly think the schedule was that easy, or is there sumthin else to how you came to that conclusion? :confused:
How many teams East of Lexington do you think would have pulled the record the Tigers did with that schedule, or even a .500% ?

My bad, Pupaw beat me to it.........
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pupaw Wrote:You're entitled to your opinion and everyone has one. Paintsville played I believe, 10 teams that made it to a Region. They were 16-2 in the 15th Region and played several good teams during the season.

The 57th District is extremely competitive and solid last year, plus will be again in '08. Oak Ridge, Butler, J-Town, JCHS, Boyd County, Greenup County and Letcher Central, were some of the outstanding teams last year, the Tigers played.

Your comment, really doesn't make any sense but don't slight the other teams, Paintsville played.

yeh and whats your point, Greenup-beat paintsville really bad, boyd beat them, letcher-out of the 14th weakest region in the state, jchs-doesn't matter you never face fyffe but once and he beat them, butler-was a wash out last season not a good team at all, williamsburg beat them as well and they didn't even make it out of the 13th who rivaled the 14th as the worst last season, and also pikeville beat them very handily as well...so im not seeing how my opinion doesn't make sense....any team in the 57th with the exception of magoffin could've done that..
Ring'Em Up Wrote:[quote=bigE]and they also got beat first round of district, they had the weakest schedule east of lexington..[/quote]
Wow. The fact alone of playing in the 57th/15th and coming out with the record they did shows alot. Not to mention games with Butler (W), LCC(W), PCC(W) and 2 with Boyd. Do you honestly think the schedule was that easy, or is there sumthin else to how you came to that conclusion? :confused:
How many teams East of Lexington do you think would have pulled the record the Tigers did with that schedule, or even a .500% ?

My bad, Pupaw beat me to it.........

that makes no sense there were quite a few could've done that
Could've, Would've, Should've. But how many actually did. So, do you wanna do the research or me? Jus a preliminary, but it looks like there were easily more teams with sub-.500 records than winning records last year, and the majority of those that did surpass .500 were from your so-called 2 worst regions around, the 13th &14th. If those 2 regions are so weak, in YOUR mind, how could EVERY ONE of them have a tougher schedule than Paintsville, who plays in a district/region who MANY(whose opinions I take to heart much more than OTHERS) would claim is one of the toughest East of Lexington? Remember, YOU said it...."the weakest schedule East of Lexington." Period.
Some reasoning behind an argument makes it much more credible. Instead of jus "that makes no sense there were quite a few could've done that" (P.S. for Mods/Admins...the lack of capitalization, punctuation and relativeness of a sentence in that quote was due to leaving it in it's original form.)Big Grin
Believe me, I am no Paintsville die-hard. But it's only right to defend a team that accomplished what they did last year from outlandish remarks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i like paintsville!! thats what makes this so stupid of an argument...the only thing i was getting at is that paintsville's schedule(in my opinion) really hurt them at the end of the year when it really counted...they were not as seasoned as the other two horses in that district at playing close games against big competition...the other two just had alot more games against higher caliber opponents, i hope they correct that this season so they can have a chance to win the 15th, because at this point i can only see one of two teams winning it and they are one of them..
bigE Wrote:i like paintsville!! thats what makes this so stupid of an argument...the only thing i was getting at is that paintsville's schedule(in my opinion) really hurt them at the end of the year when it really counted...they were not as seasoned as the other two horses in that district at playing close games against big competition...the other two just had alot more games against higher caliber opponents, i hope they correct that this season so they can have a chance to win the 15th, because at this point i can only see one of two teams winning it and they are one of them..
Paintsville's schedule was not weak. It might not have been strong, but the teams they had scheduled were traditionally strong programs.
The lack of decent....let alone good practices beat them....JMO
The Guru Wrote:Paintsville's schedule was not weak. It might not have been strong, but the teams they had scheduled were traditionally strong programs.
The lack of decent....let alone good practices beat them....JMO

thats an area i dont know about, i do know that when i seen them this summer i was shocked at the amount of weight a few of the players have gained, i hope paintsville gets their stuff together for this season...i didn't use to be a big fan, but theres so much history that goes along with that school i guess you always want to see them do good...so is their conditioning just really bad or is it the all around practices??
bigE Wrote:thats an area i dont know about, i do know that when i seen them this summer i was shocked at the amount of weight a few of the players have gained, i hope paintsville gets their stuff together for this season...i didn't use to be a big fan, but theres so much history that goes along with that school i guess you always want to see them do good...so is their conditioning just really bad or is it the all around practices??
As far as conditioning goes. I really think the staff has good intentions on conditioning. But in truth....they know about as much about conditioning as I do. Take a look at me and our coaches and you would agree!!! LOL
Anyway, last year my son was running indoor track, and he would sometimes go to baseball condition but was never really impressed with it. He said that the track condition for strength was 10 times harder than baseball strength conditioning.
Our outdoor practices never lasted for more than an hour and a half, and nobody ever broke a sweat.
As the season went on...we kept working on hitting, but defensive and pitching practice seemed to get very little attention.
The night befor we played JCHS and got beat, we practiced for about an hour and fifteen minutes on getting out the screens, batting practice and putting up the screens.
JMO, but that's not really trying to hard to get prepared.
We did hit the ball pretty good though.
maybe if they will allow ghost men the tigers will be alright this season, haha just kidding...the pitching staff was wore out last year and it showed in the first round of the district, i dont think Grimm gained anything on his fastball from start of the season until the end and watkins' fastball just kept getting flatter and flatter...with the seeding this year hopefully paintsville and lawrence will both make it, im guessing lawrence is about the only team that could potentially beat paintsville this season....other than that what does the 15th have, ive heard JC will just be too young, but thats just what i was told...
bigE Wrote:maybe if they will allow ghost men the tigers will be alright this season, haha just kidding...the pitching staff was wore out last year and it showed in the first round of the district, i dont think Grimm gained anything on his fastball from start of the season until the end and watkins' fastball just kept getting flatter and flatter...with the seeding this year hopefully paintsville and lawrence will both make it, im guessing lawrence is about the only team that could potentially beat paintsville this season....other than that what does the 15th have, ive heard JC will just be too young, but thats just what i was told...
JC will be young....but very dangerous.
I hope everyone....and I mean everyone takes this season very serious for the Tigers.
This could be a great year for them, but a lot of things have got to fall into place. And a lot need to understand their parts for the betterment of the team.
I vow, to do my part and know my place, as long as others can do the same.....and I truly hope this can happen.
bigE Wrote:maybe if they will allow ghost men the tigers will be alright this season, haha just kidding...the pitching staff was wore out last year and it showed in the first round of the district, i dont think Grimm gained anything on his fastball from start of the season until the end and watkins' fastball just kept getting flatter and flatter...with the seeding this year hopefully paintsville and lawrence will both make it, im guessing lawrence is about the only team that could potentially beat paintsville this season....other than that what does the 15th have, ive heard JC will just be too young, but thats just what i was told...

JC will be young this season, but they were young last season as well. They only had 3 seniors and 1 junior on last seasons squad. As far as pitching, yes, they lost Fyffe and Blanton, but they have 4 kids that will still be able to hit the low 80's with one freshman coming up, that at times touched the mid 80's as an 8th grader. Vance was a freshman last season and he indeed did beat Lawrence Co, as well. During the summer Central played Paintsville with both teams pretty much having this season's rosters intact and they were still all the traditional close competitive JC/Paintsville games that they always are. Grimm just barely scraped out one win against them. I really believe that it is again a three team race , with the edge I agree going to the other two teams, but dont be surprised if JC were to pull another one out. Some people told me last year that I was crazy when I said that Lawrence would be right up there at seasons end, and looked what happened (right Guru...lol). Johnson Central wont be off as much as some think they will be. The biggest obstacle I think that they face will be how much quality practice time they will be able to have due to the uncertain completion date of their new field. I think that Paintsville lost a little more offensive prowless than what some may think. Pikeville also will be a team that will be able to knock anyone else in the region out. I dont think that they may be back to their former status just yet, but they will be able to pull off a win against anybody else. They proved that over the summer and fall as well when playing Lawrence.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:JC will be young this season, but they were young last season as well. They only had 3 seniors and 1 junior on last seasons squad. As far as pitching, yes, they lost Fyffe and Blanton, but they have 4 kids that will still be able to hit the low 80's with one freshman coming up, that at times touched the mid 80's as an 8th grader. Vance was a freshman last season and he indeed did beat Lawrence Co, as well. During the summer Central played Paintsville with both teams pretty much having this season's rosters intact and they were still all the traditional close competitive JC/Paintsville games that they always are. Grimm just barely scraped out one win against them. I really believe that it is again a three team race , with the edge I agree going to the other two teams, but dont be surprised if JC were to pull another one out. Some people told me last year that I was crazy when I said that Lawrence would be right up there at seasons end, and looked what happened (right Guru...lol). Johnson Central wont be off as much as some think they will be. The biggest obstacle I think that they face will be how much quality practice time they will be able to have due to the uncertain completion date of their new field. I think that Paintsville lost a little more offensive prowless than what some may think. Pikeville also will be a team that will be able to knock anyone else in the region out. I dont think that they may be back to their former status just yet, but they will be able to pull off a win against anybody else. They proved that over the summer and fall as well when playing Lawrence.

good post i can't really argue with you i agree on all cylinders i just wasn't adding them in because i just think the other two teams' experience will end up showing late in the season...Fyffe Blanton are the only reason JC won what they did last year in the post and i think anybody can agree with that....statistically they were still one of the worst offensive teams in the region last year, especially when you have magoffin with the top 4 hitters in the region by the end of the year, haha, seriously i remember the paper saying that the last week of the season.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next