Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region in 2008
Who should we look out for in the upcoming season...Players and Teams?
Too early to tell. A lot of teams lost a lot of talent. I'll say that Powell will be good, as well as, Letcher Central. Perry may be in the hunt, don't see it. And Leslie looks good as well. Teams that I see sputtering are Jenkins (got lucky), Knott (in desperate need of a new coach), and Hazard.
baseball_dad Wrote:Too early to tell. A lot of teams lost a lot of talent. I'll say that Powell will be good, as well as, Letcher Central. Perry may be in the hunt, don't see it. And Leslie looks good as well. Teams that I see sputtering are Jenkins (got lucky), Knott (in desperate need of a new coach), and Hazard.
Has Hammonds left for sure? Or are you just saying he needs to leave?
Tubby Hater Wrote:Has Hammonds left for sure? Or are you just saying he needs to leave?

Not sure that he has left. And yes.
baseball_dad Wrote:Too early to tell. A lot of teams lost a lot of talent. I'll say that Powell will be good, as well as, Letcher Central. Perry may be in the hunt, don't see it. And Leslie looks good as well. Teams that I see sputtering are Jenkins (got lucky), Knott (in desperate need of a new coach), and Hazard.
Sputtering with 6 returning starters and their 2 top pitchers? I would say Jenkins will be just fine. I will remind you of that one come Regional Tournament when Knott is sitting home again and Jenkins wins the district championship.
Jenkins will be better in 08. The experience they gained this year and with the addition of two transfers will add to their depth.
daynightdh Wrote:Sputtering with 6 returning starters and their 2 top pitchers? I would say Jenkins will be just fine. I will remind you of that one come Regional Tournament when Knott is sitting home again and Jenkins wins the district championship.

I stand by my word. Jenkins got lucky. Who do you have in that district? LCC, Jenkins, Knott, JBS, and Cordia. Only one of these teams will go to the region tournament every year until something major happens. And the other team going will be the lucky dog. Knott could be sitting at home again. Cordia could be the "lucky dog" next season. If Knott would have gone with another pitcher in that game, Knott would have won. If JBS would have done a couple of things, hitting wise, they would have been the "lucky dog".
Powell, Hazard, PCC and LCC will be the teams to watch for. Estill brings back about 5 or 6 starters as well. Can't wait for it to start.
1. Powell County (23-9) 2007 W-L record - KHSAA.org
2. Breathitt County (18-12)
3. Hazard (21-13)
4. Letcher Central (25-14)
5. Perry Central (25-10)
6. Estill County (22-10)
7. Leslie County (20-9)
8. Jenkins (11-14-1)
9. Lee County (16-15)
10. Jackson City (15-9)
*Knott Central (8-19)...if Potter and the athletes return to the baseball diamond, KCC will be a top 5 team in the region.
rawlingsfan Wrote:1. Powell County (23-9) 2007 W-L record - KHSAA.org
2. Breathitt County (18-12)
3. Hazard (21-13)
4. Letcher Central (25-14)
5. Perry Central (25-10)
6. Estill County (22-10)
7. Leslie County (20-9)
8. Jenkins (11-14-1)
9. Lee County (16-15)
10. Jackson City (15-9)
*Knott Central (8-19)...if Potter and the athletes return to the baseball diamond, KCC will be a top 5 team in the region.

Only way Potter returns is if Knott gets a new coach. And from what I have heard, it won't anytime soon.

Jenkins won't be a top 10 team next season. I just don't see it.

1. Estill
2. Leslie
3. Powell
4. Lee Co.
5. Perry Central
6. Letcher Central
7. Hazard
8. Breathitt
9. Jackson City
10. Buckhorn
1. Powell
2. Estill/ PCC
3. Hazard
4. Leslie
i would say perry or powell but watch out of a jbs or even a knott central with some every young talent to make some noise
Jenkins will not be in the top ten. Have you seen them play? With Puckett on the mound, they can give anyone trouble.
wildcatman Wrote:i would say perry or powell but watch out of a jbs or even a knott central with some every young talent to make some noise
I dont think Knott will be doing so well this year..as they havent in the past few..simply because they are losing the rest of what I guess you could call talent..and Coach Hammonds. JBS, maybe..but I highly doubt that as well, I dont recall them winning to many games last year either.
Godspeed Wrote:I dont think Knott will be doing so well this year..as they havent in the past few..simply because they are losing the rest of what I guess you could call talent..and Coach Hammonds. JBS, maybe..but I highly doubt that as well, I dont recall them winning to many games last year either.

Knott had the talent, just needed better direction.

JBS, will never be in a top ten list of baseball. Too worried about basketball.
ok you had three young players at knott last year that cause problems for people in the region another year they get stronger and better not to mention some young talent that is moving from school to school. and to say jbs will never be in top ten i dont no with seth adams and balke king brent hall that is a pretty good young nuclues of a team i didnt say they would win it i didnt say either team would be top ten but they could cause problems for people
baseball_dad Wrote:Knott had the talent, just needed better direction.

JBS, will never be in a top ten list of baseball. Too worried about basketball.
Agree..there was some talnet there..but JBS is def. a basketball school.
wildcatman Wrote:ok you had three young players at knott last year that cause problems for people in the region another year they get stronger and better not to mention some young talent that is moving from school to school. and to say jbs will never be in top ten i dont no with seth adams and balke king brent hall that is a pretty good young nuclues of a team i didnt say they would win it i didnt say either team would be top ten but they could cause problems for people
Someone translate please?
to put it simply jbs and kcc could suprise some teams there not going to have a winning season there not going to win it all but kids like zach mullins cody smith ryan mosley all caused problems for teams last year at some point. add another year to that they get stronger add a few more players that are moving from one school to another and they could cause some problems for some other teams. then take jbs with young pitching like seth adams, blake king, blake smith, some good bats such as brent hall and zach amburgey could cause some problems for other teams. are they a top ten team no neither one of them are but dont be suprised if you see them playing close with other teams
JBS and Knott may win a game or two over top ten teams in the 14th, still, they are not going any farther than the 2nd round of district games.
wildcatman Wrote:to put it simply jbs and kcc could suprise some teams there not going to have a winning season there not going to win it all but kids like zach mullins cody smith ryan mosley all caused problems for teams last year at some point. add another year to that they get stronger add a few more players that are moving from one school to another and they could cause some problems for some other teams. then take jbs with young pitching like seth adams, blake king, blake smith, some good bats such as brent hall and zach amburgey could cause some problems for other teams. are they a top ten team no neither one of them are but dont be suprised if you see them playing close with other teams
They may cause some problems for Wolfe Co. and Jackson City maybe. But as far as top 10 in the region...any team would stomp them..w/o the problems. Plain and simple. Teams like PCC, Powell, Hazard and Estill are strong 1-9...not just 1-3..
What Does Hazard return?
MVP2 Wrote:What Does Hazard return?

They lost Hicks, Hoskins, Meehan, and Spare. But IMO, they have the strongest junior class in the region led by junior catcher T.J. Searcy.
[quote=rawlingsfan]They lost Hicks, Hoskins, Meehan, and Spare. But IMO, they have the strongest junior class in the region led by junior catcher T.J. Searcy.[/quot
Are you talking about the upcoming junior class, or the upcoming senior class? Because I dont recall to many Hazard juniors being included in the All Star game. Powell had 4, which was the most for any team. JMO
Godspeed Wrote:[quote=rawlingsfan]They lost Hicks, Hoskins, Meehan, and Spare. But IMO, they have the strongest junior class in the region led by junior catcher T.J. Searcy.[/quot
Are you talking about the upcoming junior class, or the upcoming senior class? Because I dont recall to many Hazard juniors being included in the All Star game. Powell had 4, which was the most for any team. JMO

2008 junior class (last years soph class).
Besides searcy who does hazard return?
rawlingsfan Wrote:[quote=Godspeed]

2008 junior class (last years soph class).
Ok. Thanks for the heads up. Yea, I would have to agree with you there..they have a pretty stacked junior class.
I think that knott will be good but i think that jenkins has a very good chance to win the district in 08..........they lost 2 "players" from last years team.........i dont think LCC will be that good they lost all their pitching and most of their bats......they lost 8 seniors most started.....i see them second in the 53rd.
did coach dean leave lcc
No. They just got a money to build a new field i think.