Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 47 Bardstown 25
Final
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Congratulations Panthers!
Pikeville better tighten that defense up or The Burg will smoke that hind end Confusednicker:
Didn't see the game, but heard it was a close one.

Panthers on to the PCB

Bardstown on to another tough opponent, Danville.

Bardstown BPI or whatever that statistic is will be good.
Bardstown led 25-21 midway through 3rd, and the wheels fell off. Still had chance to be in it in early 4th and gave up long pass to Hensley. Hensley worth the price of admission. I think the Tigers played pretty tough, not a bad outing, plenty to work on.
Game was good until about the end of the 3rd quarter. But Pikeville just kept pounding the run game and hitting a big pass play every now and then. Bardstown has a lot of dropped passes that could have kept this one a little closer a little longer but it didn’t go their way. #3 for Bardstown is a stud but Pikeville has a lot of athletes to put overtop to help keep him in check.

I just want to say and this may be a little bias because he was a Betsy layne boy. But Jon Collum is I think the player that takes Pikeville to a state Championship. Everyone talks about the flashy players and for good reason. But #28 goes into the game when the need a big run whether it’s him running or getting to the second level on a LB and creating a whole for #4. He just does whatever’s asked of him and then he walks back off the field like he’s coming back home from a shift at work. He’s a football guy and I’m proud of the player he’s become seeing him grow up into the stud he’s become.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Game was good until about the end of the 3rd quarter. But Pikeville just kept pounding the run game and hitting a big pass play every now and then. Bardstown has a lot of dropped passes that could have kept this one a little closer a little longer but it didn’t go their way. #3 for Bardstown is a stud but Pikeville has a lot of athletes to put overtop to help keep him in check.

I just want to say and this may be a little bias because he was a Betsy layne boy. But Jon Collum is I think the player that takes Pikeville to a state Championship. Everyone talks about the flashy players and for good reason. But #28 goes into the game when the need a big run whether it’s him running or getting to the second level on a LB and creating a whole for #4. He just does whatever’s asked of him and then he walks back off the field like he’s coming back home from a shift at work. He’s a football guy and I’m proud of the player he’s become seeing him grow up into the stud he’s become.
I like players like that. Yeager at Corbin is that type of player.
Bardstown really has some speed that will give opponents fits this season. Good luck Tigers rest of the way. Congrats to my Panthers on a great win. Now, on to Pike Co. Bowl and Mingo Central.
Spud6 Wrote:Game was good until about the end of the 3rd quarter. But Pikeville just kept pounding the run game and hitting a big pass play every now and then. Bardstown has a lot of dropped passes that could have kept this one a little closer a little longer but it didn’t go their way. #3 for Bardstown is a stud but Pikeville has a lot of athletes to put overtop to help keep him in check.

Totally agree. Collum is fun to watch.

Everything you said is true Spud6 but I can bet you he knows how much he means to this team. He is great anywhere you put him linebacker or down lineman and especially when he is blocking for the running backs. Then he runs the ball he definitely is not going down easy. Definitely the bread and butter of the defense and like you said he is a stud. Great kid and definitely a leader for this team. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
My take

1 Bardstown was a lot better than I thought. Kudos to them, well done
2 Pikeville has a ton of work to do
3 Class A is wide open
4 Raines is a stud
5 So is Collum but everyone already knew that

and last and not least
The sh!t smell on that end of town near the high school is worse than ever. Idiot politicians have been promising to fix it for 30+ years and it only gets worse. Disgraceful for residents and visitors. Mayor and council should fix it or resign in shame. :flush:
Lord Grantham Wrote:Bardstown led 25-21 midway through 3rd, and the wheels fell off. Still had chance to be in it in early 4th and gave up long pass to Hensley. Hensley worth the price of admission. I think the Tigers played pretty tough, not a bad outing, plenty to work on.

I don’t think Danville can handle Bardstown. Bardstown has speed and athletes every where. Definitely a team that will put a lick on you. I was very impressed with their team. Yes they got some work to do but so does Pikeville and it’s only the 1st game of the season. Good luck to them the rest of the year but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
pjdoug Wrote:Pikeville better tighten that defense up or The Burg will smoke that hind end Confusednicker:

PJDoug love you to death but your right they have a lot to work on. But Bardstown isn’t no Jellico. Believe me when I tell you this Williamsburg does not have the speed this Bardstown team has on all levels. Now Williamsburg does have some speed and a good team but not as much speed as Bardstown team wise. Now Pikeville will watch this film and I am pretty sure they can find a lot of stuff they need to work on and will. Next week they have another good opponent so they got a lot of work to do between now and next Saturday.
jetpilot Wrote:My take

1 Bardstown was a lot better than I thought. Kudos to them, well done
2 Pikeville has a ton of work to do
3 Class A is wide open
4 Raines is a stud
5 So is Collum but everyone already knew that

and last and not least
The sh!t smell on that end of town near the high school is worse than ever. Idiot politicians have been promising to fix it for 30+ years and it only gets worse. Disgraceful for residents and visitors. Mayor and council should fix it or resign in shame. :flush:
Jet have to agree with you about the smell just hope the wind is blowing the other direction next game
pjdoug Wrote:Pikeville better tighten that defense up or The Burg will smoke that hind end Confusednicker:

Pikeville running clock early on the Burg for the 3rd straight year if the Burg makes it that far.
Patriot1 Wrote:Jet have to agree with you about the smell just hope the wind is blowing the other direction next game

It's disgraceful P1
jetpilot Wrote:It's disgraceful P1

Have to agree but I forgot to congratulate the Panthers on their win
I agree with you Jet on all aspects. I told y’all Bardstown was for real. Nice opener for both teams. As for Collum, some college needs to find a spot for him. He is a football player in every sense of the word. He’s a dude
One lesson plenty of folks both inside and outside the Panther fan base keep forgetting is that a Chris MacNamee coached team in August is nearly unrecognizable when compared to the same team in November. Definitely some some things to work on and improve on defensively especially with the Air Raid offense coming in here next week. Bardstown has some speed and will be tough out for anyone this year. Best of luck to them!
Playing good teams expose you. That is exactly why Pikeville picked this game up. Matchups play big factors in high school. Good win for Pikeville to start the season.

Did both teams get out with no injuries?
bac2369 Wrote:Playing good teams expose you. That is exactly why Pikeville picked this game up. Matchups play big factors in high school. Good win for Pikeville to start the season.

Did both teams get out with no injuries?

Yes. A LOT of cramps going on during this one though. Seth Pugh went out after a punt with cramps and never came back. It I’m assuming it was just bad cramps they couldn’t get tamed down.
#BBFL
My son (#70) went down with a cramp but they fed him some mustard and he came right back in.

I do think the dropped passes played a major factor. Also, our kicker stayed home to play a soccer game and it showed. You all had great field position all night. In the end, Pikeville was the more disciplined team and didn’t lose their heads when things turned south, like we did.

The joint police memorial before the game was fantastic. I didn’t notice any septic smell. The faulty scoreboard, PA guy, and overly loud music made me a tad on the grouchy side but otherwise I have enjoyed my trip here and we just had a nice local meal and are going to spend a little Hatfield-McCoy money tomorrow if it’s open. You all should come to Bardstown and spend a little bourbon money. We get turf next year.
Lord Grantham Wrote:My son (#70) went down with a cramp but they fed him some mustard and he came right back in.

I do think the dropped passes played a major factor. Also, our kicker stayed home to play a soccer game and it showed. You all had great field position all night. In the end, Pikeville was the more disciplined team and didn’t lose their heads when things turned south, like we did.

The joint police memorial before the game was fantastic. I didn’t notice any septic smell. The faulty scoreboard, PA guy, and overly loud music made me a tad on the grouchy side but otherwise I have enjoyed my trip here and we just had a nice local meal and are going to spend a little Hatfield-McCoy money tomorrow if it’s open. You all should come to Bardstown and spend a little bourbon money. We get turf next year.

Haha should have warned you about the music. Brutal. Glad you are enjoying your stay. You guys have a lot to be excited about with your program.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:One lesson plenty of folks both inside and outside the Panther fan base keep forgetting is that a Chris MacNamee coached team in August is nearly unrecognizable when compared to the same team in November. Definitely some some things to work on and improve on defensively especially with the Air Raid offense coming in here next week. Bardstown has some speed and will be tough out for anyone this year. Best of luck to them!

True. I'm an old gray-haired Panther, and I can remember even in the late 80's the Pikeville teams you saw in the PCB wasn't the same as what you would see in the post season. Even those great teams coached by Hillard Howard were exposed and needed some things to work on. Panthers, as we all know has a great coaching staff, and Chris and company will correct those things that need corrected.
Lord Grantham Wrote:My son (#70) went down with a cramp but they fed him some mustard and he came right back in.

My wife and I live only 1hr, 45 min. away from Bardstown, and we'll be attending a wedding there Oct. 5th. Always liked that town. :Thumbs:Very clean, and a lot to see and do.
Congrats to Panthers. Rams are ready.
Congrats to the Panthers. Time to get ready for a good Mingo Central team from WV. Battle of KY vs WV heavyweights in the respected classes.
Congrats to the Panthers on the win. Little surprised they were behind as late as the 3rd Qtr. I thought they would play with a comfortable lead the whole game. But it is week one, maybe it was just first game jitters. A win is a win though. On to the next one.
News flash guys, with this new playoff RPI rankings, Pikeville and Williamsburg may never meet along the way. East is seeded 1 through 4, and if Pikeville holds out the top seed... Williamsburg and Paintsville/Raceland will play in the Quarterfinals. If Pikeville and Burg both win, and Pikeville holds the top seed in the state... most likely one of the west teams is coming east. Cool to think about though, because Pikeville vs. Paintsville could actually happen at Kroger Field under this system.
Sounds like we all got a lot of work to do