Poll: FAVORITE SPORTS SHOW..ESPN OR BEST DAMN SPORTS SHOW
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
ESPN
53.85%
BEST DAMN SPORTS SHOW
15.38%
OTHER
30.77%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Sports Show? ESPN/Best Damn Sports Show Period
Which one does everyone like now? ESPN dominated the 80's/90's and early 2000's. I believe it is slipping more and more now and really think that the Best Damn Sports Show Period is tops in the business!
I like the FSN Final Score myself...
Back in the '90's, I used to make sure I watched SportsCenter every day, sometimes more than once. But now, just like MTV no longer shows videos, SportsCenter seems like they show less and less highlights as the years go by. ESPN now chooses to fill their signature show with nonsense like the "Who's Now" garbage they've got going on right now. I very rarely watch SC anymore, it's not like I'll actually get to watch some highlights of my favorite team's game...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
EXACTLY COWBELL! I used to watch it from 6 in the morning to 11. Now, forget it...
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:EXACTLY COWBELL! I used to watch it from 6 in the morning to 11. Now, forget it...

HA! You mean in the morning you would watch all the way through the show, then turn around and watch all the way through it again and again? I thought me and my college roommate were the only guys that did that!

It's funny how you wanted to watch reruns of the show when there were lots of highlights you wanted to see again...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Primetime.......... but outside football season......... probly around the horn or PTI or Sportscenter
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
More Cowbell Wrote:Back in the '90's, I used to make sure I watched SportsCenter every day, sometimes more than once. But now, just like MTV no longer shows videos, SportsCenter seems like they show less and less highlights as the years go by. ESPN now chooses to fill their signature show with nonsense like the "Who's Now" garbage they've got going on right now. I very rarely watch SC anymore, it's not like I'll actually get to watch some highlights of my favorite team's game...

YES!!!!! I have felt the exact same way for the past three weeks. I just watch the beginning of that freakin thing come on and I hit comedy central or some other station for like 10 minutes. I agree that ESPN has completely slipped over the years. To tell you the truth, when I was down in Lexington last semester my roommate and I watched Around the Horn and PTI everyday. I would have to say those are my favorite sport (talk) shows.
I like Around The Horn and College Gamenight on ESPN.
clipperw Wrote:I like Around The Horn and College Gamenight on ESPN.

CRAP!!!! Totlally forgot about College gamenight. I take back what I said about PTI and Around the Horn ( those are good) but College gamenight is where it is at...at least in the basketball season for UK fans.
I like Best Damn Sports Show because it's got more than just sports. It's got humor, mixed in with celebrities, and it makes for a good show. However, I'm a BIG fan of Baseball Tonight, College Gamenight, and PTI. I'm not into Sportscenter as much as I was (for reasons already mentioned), but I very rarely miss a BT, CGN, or PTI showing.
I like all of them tell ya the truth, although I voted for ESPN because Im a sports fanatic and cant live without it. As the commercials say I love to stay current with ESPN News, lol I watch that more than anything really and Baseball Tonight, College Gamenight and even Sportscenter. Whenever I catch Best Damn I will watch that to!
They do a great job on college gameday, ESPN that is and still gets me pumped for the day of games..
I forgot about College Gameday/Gamenight, those are awesome to watch in the fall! I also like the new basketball version of the show they've had the last couple years. I love how they have the set right on the college campus in front of the stadium/arena, with all the crazed fans behind them. They do a great job setting everything up in the morning, then there are lots of good highlights at night.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Best Damn Sports Show!!!!1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
More Cowbell Wrote:I forgot about College Gameday/Gamenight, those are awesome to watch in the fall! I also like the new basketball version of the show they've had the last couple years. I love how they have the set right on the college campus in front of the stadium/arena, with all the crazed fans behind them. They do a great job setting everything up in the morning, then there are lots of good highlights at night.

Oh Yea! And I was there lol! College gameday for basketball is my favorite I would would say just becasue of UK basketball. OH I can't get enough.
IMO, one of the few things ESPN HASN'T screwed up is College Football Gameday, which is and will always be better than the basketball version. But if they ever tried to replace Chris Fowler, my favorite ESPN analyst, Lee or Kirk, they'll kill the chemistry. I hated when they got rid of Trev Alberts too. I loved listening to him and Mark May go head to head all night.
bro its so funny you mention that. When I was in high school (90-94), I'd get up 30 or 40 minutes early just so I could catch all of SportsCenter before I had to get ready. Then when I'd get to school, me and my buddies would sit and talk in the parking lot about what happened in the sports world the night before. Yeah, I know what you mean about watching highlights of your favorite team. Try being a Pirates baseball fan, lol, which pretty much rules out seeing any highlights other than what scrolls at the bottom of the screen, lol..
More Cowbell Wrote:Back in the '90's, I used to make sure I watched SportsCenter every day, sometimes more than once. But now, just like MTV no longer shows videos, SportsCenter seems like they show less and less highlights as the years go by. ESPN now chooses to fill their signature show with nonsense like the "Who's Now" garbage they've got going on right now. I very rarely watch SC anymore, it's not like I'll actually get to watch some highlights of my favorite team's game...
TidesHoss32 Wrote:bro its so funny you mention that. When I was in high school (90-94), I'd get up 30 or 40 minutes early just so I could catch all of SportsCenter before I had to get ready. Then when I'd get to school, me and my buddies would sit and talk in the parking lot about what happened in the sports world the night before. Yeah, I know what you mean about watching highlights of your favorite team. Try being a Pirates baseball fan, lol, which pretty much rules out seeing any highlights other than what scrolls at the bottom of the screen, lol..
I'd get up early too in the 90s for Sportscenter, but this was mid-to-late 90s
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I dont watch SC any, if I wanna know a score I usually watch ESPN News.
there was still some good talent in the mid to late 90s on SC..Craig Kilburn, Olbermann and those guys were on there..I loved watching Charlie Steiner though, that guy cracked me up..
BFritz Wrote:I'd get up early too in the 90s for Sportscenter, but this was mid-to-late 90s
Charley Stieiner was one of the best anchors ESPN ever had in my opinion. He along with Bob Ley made the 6 PM Sportscenter great.
ESPNEWS is the best.

Biggest Daggoned Sports Fiasco Period is a shell of what it was in its first year.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:there was still some good talent in the mid to late 90s on SC..Craig Kilburn, Olbermann and those guys were on there..I loved watching Charlie Steiner though, that guy cracked me up..

People like Chris Berman? Those were the days..........
BFritz Wrote:People like Chris Berman? Those were the days..........

Death to Berman and his overworked shtick.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:there was still some good talent in the mid to late 90s on SC..Craig Kilburn, Olbermann and those guys were on there..I loved watching Charlie Steiner though, that guy cracked me up..

I loved SportsCenter when Keith and Dan were the anchors, and I liked Craig Kilborn, too. In recent years we have been forced to listen to Kenny Mayne and Stu "Boo-Yaah" Scott. Big downgrade.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Other than Stephen A. Smith, Stuart Scott is the most annoying person on any sports channel that ever existed. I wish whoever Scott works with would just look at him when he pulls that slang garbage out, would look at him and go "shut the f up, and speak english you idiot"..
I agree completely with you...them, Keith and Dan were my favorite duo's..
clipperw Wrote:Charley Stieiner was one of the best anchors ESPN ever had in my opinion. He along with Bob Ley made the 6 PM Sportscenter great.
Stuart Scott is more white than I am!
I like Aound the Horn and PTI, but another show i like is 1st and 10 on ESPN's First Take. I watch Sportscenter everyday as much as I can and I like baseball tonight, but i liked it with Harlod reynolds and peter Gammons a lot more...
ESPN What else is there!