Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 30 Belfry 20
Belfry struggles from the start. Game not as close as the score indicated.
Congrats to Valley! Lot of good middle school teams in this area. Excited for the future
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Congrats to Shelby Valley Middle! That group could definitely make some noise in the postseason this year. I believe their only loss is to a very strong Raceland team.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Valley QB was the best player on the field. He beat belfry with his legs. The kid is a true dual threat qb. This is a very well coached team. They spread Belfry out and ran all over them. Belfry was content to try and run against ten in the box until the waning minutes of the game. Belfry seems to be soft against anyone not named Pikeville. I believe Belfry rode an emotional high to the victory over Pikeville. Congrats to Valley
Having seen both teams, who do you see winning between Valley and Pikeville?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
In my opinion it will be a close game. Pikeville has more skilled position players. It’s hard to say because I believe Pikeville will spread the field unlike Belfry. I think the Valley QB will be the better signal caller on the field but Wright is no slouch. Thompson for Pikeville can be a beast at tight end and Caudill is tough to cover. If I had to put money on it I’d take Pikeville by a TD but honestly think the game could go either way.
If Pikeville beats Valley, then that would create a 3-way tie for the #1 seed in the county tournament, right? Wonder how they would break that tie...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
vobra281 Wrote:Valley QB was the best player on the field. He beat belfry with his legs. The kid is a true dual threat qb. This is a very well coached team. They spread Belfry out and ran all over them. Belfry was content to try and run against ten in the box until the waning minutes of the game. Belfry seems to be soft against anyone not named Pikeville. I believe Belfry rode an emotional high to the victory over Pikeville. Congrats to Valley

Y’all need to relax a little. This was their 5th game in 9 days. They are physically exhausted. I’m sure whoever made the schedule wasn’t counting on the tremendous heat that everyone has been dealing with.

Till they meet again......
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Y’all need to relax a little. This was their 5th game in 9 days. They are physically exhausted. I’m sure whoever made the schedule wasn’t counting on the tremendous heat that everyone has been dealing with.

Not a wise decision by whoever made the schedule. Even without the heat that is a lot of games in a short time. I do believe Belfry could bounce back but seems that they are afraid to spread the field. It’s gonna be hard to run against even a mediocre team with ten in the box. This is not the teams of Belfry past. Just look at the size of the line. Maybe they don’t have the athletes to open it up a little but you have to keep the d guessing a little. Even with Belfry’s best teams, Coach Haywood mixed in a couple pass plays to keep the d guessing. Hopefully Belfry rights the ship and the young pirates get the rest they need but from what I’m watching it’s not tired legs that are beating you.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Y’all need to relax a little. This was their 5th game in 9 days. They are physically exhausted. I’m sure whoever made the schedule wasn’t counting on the tremendous heat that everyone has been dealing with.

There’s three things that you can count on in life. Death, Taxes, and a Belfry excuse when they get beat.
Ralph Furley Wrote:There’s three things that you can count on in life. Death, Taxes, and a Belfry excuse when they get beat.

Ah yes.....the hater! He loves to flit around...

:lmao:

I don't think it's 5 games in 9 days. I saw a BMS schedule that had them playing on the 3rd, 5th, 7th, and the 10th. That makes 4 games in a span of 8 days.

For the record, this was SV's 3rd game in a span of 6 days (they also played on the 5th, 7th, and 10th). So the only real difference in the team's schedules the last couple weeks is Belfry playing on the 3rd and SV didn't.

I seriously doubt if a game played on Sep 3rd (a full 7 days beforehand) played a role in how this game turned out. Both teams had 2 full days off since playing on Saturday. Both teams had to deal with the intense heat. I'm sure both teams were still a little tired, but neither should have had an advantage.

Props to vobra for just giving SV credit for the win and not making excuses. These are two excellent teams, and if they meet again in the county tournament, I would expect another great game. Good luck to Belfry the rest of the way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I don't think it's 5 games in 9 days. I saw a BMS schedule that had them playing on the 3rd, 5th, 7th, and the 10th. That makes 4 games in a span of 8 days.

For the record, this was SV's 3rd game in a span of 6 days (they also played on the 5th, 7th, and 10th). So the only real difference in the team's schedules the last couple weeks is Belfry playing on the 3rd and SV didn't.

I seriously doubt if a game played on Sep 3rd (a full 7 days beforehand) played a role in how this game turned out. Both teams had 2 full days off since playing on Saturday. Both teams had to deal with the intense heat. I'm sure both teams were still a little tired, but neither should have had an advantage.

Props to vobra for just giving SV credit for the win and not making excuses. These are two excellent teams, and if they meet again in the county tournament, I would expect another great game. Good luck to Belfry the rest of the way.

It was actually 5 games in 9 days. No idea what SV schedule looks like .. ....so they may have been just as exhausted. I didn’t see the game.....but did speak to the those who were there and on the staff. Why would you make excuses for a win? All I said was Belfry was exhausted. Y’all need to chill out a little. 😂😂. We all know the Belfry hate extends down into the Middle and Elementary Schools......especially in football. It’s fine. Win or lose we’re gonna keep coming.....
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:It was actually 5 games in 9 days. No idea what SV schedule looks like .. ....so they may have been just as exhausted. I didn’t see the game.....but did speak to the those who were there and on the staff. Why would you make excuses for a win? All I said was Belfry was exhausted. Y’all need to chill out a little. ����. We all know the Belfry hate extends down into the Middle and Elementary Schools......especially in football. It’s fine. Win or lose we’re gonna keep coming.....

What do you mean, "Why would you make excuses for a win?" I didn't make any excuses at all. You made the excuse, all I did was throw some cold water on it. I said both teams were dealing with the same issues, while you somehow felt that Belfry was at an unfair disadvantage in this game.

That said, you're far from the only poster on here that would rather make excuses for a loss instead of just giving credit to the victor. But the Belfry fans who post on the high school threads are far more respectful of their opponents, so I guess I just expected better.

Whatever, it's ok. I can promise there's no "Belfry hate" over here at the Valley. All SV cares about is getting better every week and trying to build a strong football program.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:What do you mean, "Why would you make excuses for a win?" I didn't make any excuses at all. You made the excuse, all I did was throw some cold water on it. I said both teams were dealing with the same issues, while you somehow felt that Belfry was at an unfair disadvantage in this game.

That said, you're far from the only poster on here that would rather make excuses for a loss instead of just giving credit to the victor. But the Belfry fans who post on the high school threads are far more respectful of their opponents, so I guess I just expected better.

Whatever, it's ok. I can promise there's no "Belfry hate" over here at the Valley. All SV cares about is getting better every week and trying to build a strong football program.

You are hilarious! 😂😂😂. All I talked about was the heat and the number of games BMS had played. Don’t take it so personal. Didn’t realize getting a win over BMS was such a huge deal for you boys. 😂
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:You are hilarious! 😂😂😂. All I talked about was the heat and the number of games BMS had played. Don’t take it so personal. Didn’t realize getting a win over BMS was such a huge deal for you boys. 😂

Nothing personal here. Again, you blamed Belfry's loss on anything you could think of. You already claimed that your boys were too tired (even though most middle school teams often do play multiple games in a week). You brought up the heat, even though Valley's kids were playing in the exact same heat.

What's next? Was half the team sick? Were their pants too tight? Do they not play well on Tuesdays? At this point nothing would surprise me, except for hearing you actually give some credit to SV's players (which you have yet to do).

You said getting a win over Belfry was a huge deal for us. Maybe so, but based on the excuses, apparently it's not nearly as big a deal as losing to SV was for you all.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Nothing personal here. Again, you blamed Belfry's loss on anything you could think of. You already claimed that your boys were too tired (even though most middle school teams often do play multiple games in a week). You brought up the heat, even though Valley's kids were playing in the exact same heat.

What's next? Was half the team sick? Were their pants too tight? Do they not play well on Tuesdays? At this point nothing would surprise me, except for hearing you actually give some credit to SV's players (which you have yet to do).

You said getting a win over Belfry was a huge deal for us. Maybe so, but based on the excuses, apparently it's not nearly as big a deal as losing to SV was for you all.

Once again....you must be a comedian,😂😂I’m starting to believe you’re a pseudo mind reader. 😂😂😂. I’m thinking of a number between 1-10......guess what it is?😂😂. U seem to think u know everything else, give it a go. 😂😂. Sorry I threw water on y’alls win. SMH. Geez.
More Cowbell Wrote:Nothing personal here. Again, you blamed Belfry's loss on anything you could think of. You already claimed that your boys were too tired (even though most middle school teams often do play multiple games in a week). You brought up the heat, even though Valley's kids were playing in the exact same heat.

You forgot to add all the injuries that they have. They love to throw that one out there anytime they get beat or if there’s a chance they will lose.
Better hope you don't have to go to Belfry and play them in the playoffs. If you have a speed advantage you will be stuck playing at Vipperman on a water soaked field even if it hasn't rained in a month.
Ralph Furley Wrote:You forgot to add all the injuries that they have. They love to throw that one out there anytime they get beat or if there’s a chance they will lose.

JC Mafia Wrote:Better hope you don't have to go to Belfry and play them in the playoffs. If you have a speed advantage you will be stuck playing at Vipperman on a water soaked field even if it hasn't rained in a month.

LOL. I'll be honest, this whole thing kinda took me by surprise because most of the Belfry posters on here are very knowledgable about the sport and have great insights on how games turned out. If you read the Belfry high school threads, you will see that for the most part they are a fanbase that is very respectful toward their opponents. Even though they don't lose often, when it does happen most will give credit to the other team and not make a bunch of excuses. But this time (probably because Belfry lost to a team they definitely expected to beat), it didn't turn out that way. That's alright though, because I know that one poster doesn't represent an entire fanbase.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
No excuses here. SV line came to play, Belfrys didn’t. SV backs and QB ran hard, Belfrys didn’t. Russ was shut down in the passing game but killed us with his legs. These 2 will play again. Should be a good game.