Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Preseason power rankings
I didn't want to give my opinions on my preseason predictions because everyone would call them ridiculous, but Yahoo released theirs today, so I figured I'd get everyone's thoughts and opinions.

I'm only posting the top 12, but here's two dudes' rankings.
1.San Diego Chargers
2.New England Patriots
3.Indianapolis Colts
4.Baltimore Ravens
5.Chicago Bears
6.New Orleans Saints
7.Philadelphia Eagles
8.Cincinnati Bengals
9.Denver Broncos
10.Jacksonville Jaguars
11.New York Jets
12.Seattle Seahawks

Robinson rankings
1.San Diego Chargers
2.New England Patriots
3. New Orleans Saints
4.Indianapolis Colts
5.Chicago Bears
6.Baltimore Ravens
7.Cincinnati Bengals
8.Dallas Cowboys
9.Denver Broncos
10.New York Jets
11.Jacksonville Jaguars
12.Philadelphia Eagles
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
San Diego is a very good football team, but I believe New England is the team to beat this year. Jacksonville will be a sleeper too...here's I think the top 12 should read.
1. New England
2. Indianapolis
3. San Diego
4. Chicago
5. New Orleans
6. Cincy
7. Jacksonville
8. Pittsburgh
9. Baltimore
10. New York Jets
11. Denver
12. Philadelphia
I'm going to ask, why does everyone think Seattle will do so bad?
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:I'm going to ask, why does everyone think Seattle will do so bad?

Alexander's no longer in his prime, neither is Hasselbeck, and their division will be tough this year, they'd be hard pressed to even finish 2nd or even 3rd because I believe that the Cardinals could be a very good team, and they could go late into the playoffs, maybe not this season, but definitely within the next few. The Cardinals need an offensive line because they have a great receiving trio (Boldin, Fitzgerald, Johnson), a very good running back (James), and a young quarterback (Leinart) who could end up being a great quarterback and an experienced quarterback (Warner) who's been to the Super Bowl and could come in if they Leinart has troubles, which I don't believe he will. They also need a pass defense, and their rush D could be better, but wasn't horrible.

Bottom line answer to your question: tough division, Hasselbeck and Alexander getting old, beat-up, and out-of-prime.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I still can't believe so many people have baltimore rated so highly. I watched a lot of their games last year, and believe me, they did it with smoke and mirrors (and a lot of luck). I am stunned that those rankings put them at #4 and #6!

Mark it down, folks. Baltimore will be the 3rd best team in their own division, and it won't even be that close.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I just hope my titans have a good season. Maybe this is the year the madden curse will be broken with vince young overcoming the odds...
More Cowbell Wrote:I still can't believe so many people have baltimore rated so highly. I watched a lot of their games last year, and believe me, they did it with smoke and mirrors (and a lot of luck). I am stunned that those rankings put them at #4 and #6!

Mark it down, folks. Baltimore will be the 3rd best team in their own division, and it won't even be that close.

I agree with you on that one, I wasn't even paying attention and haven't really looked at the other rankings til now.

Baltimore's roster is filled out with dudes from the retirement home (i.e. Derrick Mason, Steve McNair, *Ray Lewis*), so they don't worry me. Mark Clayton's their only young threat to make a big play at wideout, and he's 5'11, so we could put an Umpa Lumpa out there to outjump him.

Steelers will be better than the Ravens, I think, but they won't be that good either, IMO. Their offense will still be ok, maybe just as good as in the past few years, but everyone knows that they win with defense, which will be struggling this year. I think their front seven will get masn-handled, and their secondary isn't much better, Polamalu and Ike Taylor will be the only solid two, I think.

(Ray Lewis got the ** because he may be old, but he did kill someone, so that attitude may lower his playing age a few years and keep that fire going).
BFritz Wrote:I agree with you on that one, I wasn't even paying attention and haven't really looked at the other rankings til now.

Baltimore's roster is filled out with dudes from the retirement home (i.e. Derrick Mason, Steve McNair, *Ray Lewis*), so they don't worry me. Mark Clayton's their only young threat to make a big play at wideout, and he's 5'11, so we could put an Umpa Lumpa out there to outjump him.

Steelers will be better than the Ravens, I think, but they won't be that good either, IMO. Their offense will still be ok, maybe just as good as in the past few years, but everyone knows that they win with defense, which will be struggling this year. I think their front seven will get masn-handled, and their secondary isn't much better, Polamalu and Ike Taylor will be the only solid two, I think.

(Ray Lewis got the ** because he may be old, but he did kill someone, so that attitude may lower his playing age a few years and keep that fire going).

Watch it, man. You'll feel the wrath of TidesHoss!

In all seriousness, I really do think the Steelers will be good this year (and not just because I'm afraid of what TH might do to me). I think they drafted really well getting those two young LB's, and I don't think they'll miss a step losing Porter. Plus, Polamalu is just a beast.

Roethslisberger is overrated, though, and their offense can be stopped fairly easily if you stop their running game and control Heath Miller. That will be the key to beating them. I think they will battle the Bengals all season long, but I see Cincy coming out on top by 1-2 games (with Baltimore probably 2-3 games back of Pittsburgh).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BFritz Wrote:I agree with you on that one, I wasn't even paying attention and haven't really looked at the other rankings til now.

Ravens will be fine with that defense they have they will be fine. They will win there division.
I think the Saints and Bears are overrated and Seattle,Cincy,and and Kansas City should be higher i wished i could say the my Cowboys but i don"t think Phillips can coach and Jerry Jones is a dum***.
lol..Pittsburgh will be juuuuuuust fine this year. The only question mark I have with the team is the coaching. I know we'll be ok on defense, because LeBeau will always have them in the top 10 or somewhere around there..They signed Sean Mahan to take over for retired Jeff Hartings, and that was a good sign. I believe they will be good on offense, with nobody getting nearly killed in the offseason, lol, or even hurt for that matter, so they'll be fine as long as they can keep Roethlisberger from throwing 40 times a game to win...I wouldnt pick them lower than second, and they WILL make the playoffs this year. I guess the verdict's still out on Tomlin. Yeah yeah he's saying all the right things, but he'd better produce quick, or he'll be very unpopular in the Steel City. Most of Steelernation (including myself) wanted Whisenhunt. Whisenhunt will do great things in Arizona, and got the best gift of anybody in the offseason, taking Russ Grimm with him to coach their very young o-line. Grimm is a mastermind at technique, and give them (the Cardinals) two years, they'll be contending in the playoffs too...but anyways, c'mon Fritz, gotta give my boys more love than that!!
More Cowbell Wrote:Watch it, man. You'll feel the wrath of TidesHoss!

In all seriousness, I really do think the Steelers will be good this year (and not just because I'm afraid of what TH might do to me). I think they drafted really well getting those two young LB's, and I don't think they'll miss a step losing Porter. Plus, Polamalu is just a beast.

Roethslisberger is overrated, though, and their offense can be stopped fairly easily if you stop their running game and control Heath Miller. That will be the key to beating them. I think they will battle the Bengals all season long, but I see Cincy coming out on top by 1-2 games (with Baltimore probably 2-3 games back of Pittsburgh).
TidesHoss32 Wrote:San Diego is a very good football team, but I believe New England is the team to beat this year. Jacksonville will be a sleeper too...here's I think the top 12 should read.
1. New England
2. Indianapolis
3. San Diego
4. Chicago
5. New Orleans
6. Cincy
7. Jacksonville
8. Pittsburgh
9. Baltimore
10. New York Jets
11. Denver
12. Philadelphia

Sorry Dude i think New England is a little overrated this year
TidesHoss32 Wrote:lol..Pittsburgh will be juuuuuuust fine this year. The only question mark I have with the team is the coaching. I know we'll be ok on defense, because LeBeau will always have them in the top 10 or somewhere around there..They signed Sean Mahan to take over for retired Jeff Hartings, and that was a good sign. I believe they will be good on offense, with nobody getting nearly killed in the offseason, lol, or even hurt for that matter, so they'll be fine as long as they can keep Roethlisberger from throwing 40 times a game to win...I wouldnt pick them lower than second, and they WILL make the playoffs this year. I guess the verdict's still out on Tomlin. Yeah yeah he's saying all the right things, but he'd better produce quick, or he'll be very unpopular in the Steel City. Most of Steelernation (including myself) wanted Whisenhunt. Whisenhunt will do great things in Arizona, and got the best gift of anybody in the offseason, taking Russ Grimm with him to coach their very young o-line. Grimm is a mastermind at technique, and give them (the Cardinals) two years, they'll be contending in the playoffs too...but anyways, c'mon Fritz, gotta give my boys more love than that!!
HaHa....... no matter what, it'll be a battle when they come to Cinci and Cinci goes to Pitt because throw out all records and predictions in that game. However, my prediction comes because they relied on defense in the past to win games, and their D will be down this year. Big Ben just doesn't impress me enough, and neither do his receivers, to give them a high ranking. Parker can't do it alone.

rallo316 Wrote:I think the Saints and Bears are overrated and Seattle,Cincy,and and Kansas City should be higher i wished i could say the my Cowboys but i don"t think Phillips can coach and Jerry Jones is a dum***.

I think Kansas City's overrated, and while I believe the Seahawks are old, over-the-hill, overrated, lacking firepower (Alexander doesn't possess it anymore, and I don't think any of their receivers are even in the top 20 in the NFL), and I don't think their D will be very good, I still believe that they could be a top 10 team in the NFL. Bears are overrated- they have the best D in the league, and D wins championships, but their offense just doesn't strike me as even respectable, and you do need SOME offense to win games. Saints are also overrated, VERY overrated.
The Eagles Are goina Rock there d is kick a
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I just hope my titans have a good season. Maybe this is the year the madden curse will be broken with vince young overcoming the odds...

Big Grin
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Ravens will be fine with that defense they have they will be fine. They will win there division.

They have a good defense, but they can't win them all on their own. No way they win the division. I would say the Bengals have a 60% chance to win it, Steelers 40%. They were not as good as their record indicated last year, and they have the toughest out-of-division schedule of all the AFC North teams.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bengals are ranked too high. They are an 8-8 team this year.
Lake Chief Wrote:Bengals are ranked too high. They are an 8-8 team this year.

Your post in the Thurman thread sounded like you had a decent amount of intelligence, but it didn't sound like it had a whole lot of football merit. I bring that up because this post doesn't have a whole lot of logic. They finished 8-8 last year with arguably the toughest schedule in the league, losing games that could have easily made them 11-5. They had a horrible defense last year, and Palmer's mechanics on his throws were off. Even with Palmer struggling, they still produced enough on offense to win games if the defense could have stopped teams better than a girl scout team lining up to play D.

Palmer fixed the problems with his mechanics, so he could be the top QB in the league behind Manning, and he likely will be. They made dramatic improvements on defense, it should be like night and day with defensive squads that have been ranked 28th and higher every season of the past few years- experts have the D ranked 12th or so. Without a defense, you can't win, with a horrible defense, you can win a few games if your offense is very good, with an offense like the Bengals have plus a respectable defense, you can be a very good football team. Now, to the schedule. The other teams in the division have not improved at all in the offseason, in fact, they've gotten worse. This may or may not still be the toughest division in the NFL, but the Bengals certainly look like they're the best team in it. Their out-of-district schedule looks to be even easier, as it is every other year also. It's still not a walk in the park, but playing in this division year in and year out, it looks remarkably easier. They have one team that will be ranked ahead of them in any preseason rankings, and while preseason rankings don't mean a whole lot, if every expert is picking about the same thing, it must have some merit.

So, with a better defense (which we've established as the most important component of a team), an offense that could be even more explosive than last year, and a schedule that says that the NFL wants us to go at least 12-4, you say we'll only go 8-8. Please, explain your logic, and anyone else can comment or correct any mistakes you think I made- in predictions or anything.
A wise coach told me a long time ago to never argue football with a homer because no matter how many times your're right, you're still banging your head against a wall.

I'll try anyway.

They finished 8-8. Wouldas and shouldas don't matter. The NFL is full of wouldas and shouldas. Bottom line is they didn't win those games.

As far as Palmer goes, you ASSUME he's corrected his mechanics. He hasn't showcased that against live hitting and a live rush yet so we don't really know, do we? He's still deadfully slow and has a hard time throwing the deep ball.

Are the same "experts" who rank the Bengals' defense 12th the same ones who picked them to win their division last year? How did that turn out?

You call the Bengals schedule "easier." What I see is a lot of up-and-coming teams with strengths that can give the Bengals trouble. Games at Seattle, Kansas City, and San Francisco. 1-2 at best. A split with the division teams at best. If you sweep Cleveland, more than likely Baltimore sweeps the Bengals. That's a team that made defensive improvements and upgraded their offense with McGahee. That's 4-5. Home games with New England, Arizona, and Tennessee. Looks like 1-2 with those teams. That's 5-7. They'll beat Buffalo, the Jets, and St. Louis at home. That's 8-7. With both Miami and Cincinnati meeting in the last game with a playoff chance on the line, the Bengals once again can't close the door and go 8-8.

You seem to base your beliefs on 12-4 or 11-5 on things you have read and rankings that were made. And that's fine. I go by what I saw last year. Someone who watches dozens of games on the dish and remember what I saw last year. An inconsistent team that dropped three straight to end the season and turn a playoff chance into an 8-8 record. Mark this down. When this season is over, Bengal fans will be talking about how much tougher this year's schedule was than they thought and how the NFL gave them a raw deal when it came to the scheduling.

8-8.
Lake Chief Wrote:A wise coach told me a long time ago to never argue football with a homer because no matter how many times your're right, you're still banging your head against a wall.

I'll try anyway.

They finished 8-8. Wouldas and shouldas don't matter. The NFL is full of wouldas and shouldas. Bottom line is they didn't win those games.

As far as Palmer goes, you ASSUME he's corrected his mechanics. He hasn't showcased that against live hitting and a live rush yet so we don't really know, do we? He's still deadfully slow and has a hard time throwing the deep ball.

Are the same "experts" who rank the Bengals' defense 12th the same ones who picked them to win their division last year? How did that turn out?

You call the Bengals schedule "easier." What I see is a lot of up-and-coming teams with strengths that can give the Bengals trouble. Games at Seattle, Kansas City, and San Francisco. 1-2 at best. A split with the division teams at best. If you sweep Cleveland, more than likely Baltimore sweeps the Bengals. That's a team that made defensive improvements and upgraded their offense with McGahee. That's 4-5. Home games with New England, Arizona, and Tennessee. Looks like 1-2 with those teams. That's 5-7. They'll beat Buffalo, the Jets, and St. Louis at home. That's 8-7. With both Miami and Cincinnati meeting in the last game with a playoff chance on the line, the Bengals once again can't close the door and go 8-8.

You seem to base your beliefs on 12-4 or 11-5 on things you have read and rankings that were made. And that's fine. I go by what I saw last year. Someone who watches dozens of games on the dish and remember what I saw last year. An inconsistent team that dropped three straight to end the season and turn a playoff chance into an 8-8 record. Mark this down. When this season is over, Bengal fans will be talking about how much tougher this year's schedule was than they thought and how the NFL gave them a raw deal when it came to the scheduling.

8-8.

There are so many things wrong in this post, I don't know where to start.

First off, where in the world do you get the idea that Palmer can't throw the deep ball? Listen, I've watched every Bengals game on TV since Palmer took over as starter, and that is one area of his game he doesn't have trouble with. His biggest problem has been decision-making, as in not forcing the ball into double-teams, which should improve as he matures. Watch a few Bengals games, and you will see just how well his deep ball is.

Then, your review of their schedule. First off, you give the rest of the division too much credit. You say a split within the division at best? Have you watched any games between these teams? I predict 4-2, assuming they sweep Cleveland and split the others. You mention that Baltimore may sweep Cincy, but there is a much better chance of the opposite happening. Baltimore is the most overrated team in the league, just because of last year's 12-4 record. Folks, last year doesn't mean squat now. I watched several of their games last year, they did it with smoke, mirrors, and a lot of luck. You can win more games than you should have one year, but it won't happen two years in a row. Ravens crash hard this year, they're the ones who finish 8-8.

Then you state that they go 2-4 amongst NE, Seattle, SF, KC, Tenn, and Arizona. I say 4-2, with them losing to the Pats, beating the last three, and toss-ups with the 2 West coast games. If they win both, 5-1, if they lose both, 3-3, I'll go with a split. Neither Arizona or Tennessee is good enough to beat the Bengals in Cincy, and KC will take a step back this year.

I also say they beat Buffalo, NY, Miami, and StL. That gets them 12-4. The schedule was good to them, compare the non-common opponents for Pittsburgh (Jax, Denver), Baltimore (Indy, SD), and Cincy (Tenn, KC). I think most would agree that the Bengals got the best of that deal.

Anyway, I will at least say I appreciate your going through the schedule game-by-game and explaining why you think they will finish 8-8. I may not agree with you, but it's better than some of the Bengals haters who say they will finish 8-8 (or worse) just because they don't like them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The patriots are going to be excellent this season
PoolePalace Wrote:The patriots are going to be excellent this season

They don't impress me too terribly much. They have Stallworth, Brady, Moss, and Maroney on offense, which could be trouble, but Moss isn't anything to worry about, he's old, past his prime, and undisciplined (I could be wrong). Brady could also be past his prime, he didn't impress me too much last season, but he's still good and clutch. They still have most of the same amazing defense, so usually you could say the offense just needs to score a little and the defense will stop the other team, but these days most of that defense spends the offseason in a nursing home, so who knows if they'll still be that good this old.
BFritz Wrote:They don't impress me too terribly much. They have Stallworth, Brady, Moss, and Maroney on offense, which could be trouble, but Moss isn't anything to worry about, he's old, past his prime, and undisciplined (I could be wrong). Brady could also be past his prime, he didn't impress me too much last season, but he's still good and clutch. They still have most of the same amazing defense, so usually you could say the offense just needs to score a little and the defense will stop the other team, but these days most of that defense spends the offseason in a nursing home, so who knows if they'll still be that good this old.

I will have to disagree with ya there Fritz. I think that the Pats are improved from last year, and they were not too shabby then either, one win shy of the Super Bowl (where they would've likely won as well). I think that is the toughest game on the Bengals schedule. Not saying they can't win, but it will be very tough, and is probably the least likely game on their schedule for them to do so.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I will have to disagree with ya there Fritz. I think that the Pats are improved from last year, and they were not too shabby then either, one win shy of the Super Bowl (where they would've likely won as well). I think that is the toughest game on the Bengals schedule. Not saying they can't win, but it will be very tough, and is probably the least likely game on their schedule for them to do so.

Fair enough, good argument.

However, the Bengals offense is high powered, and while the Pats D may still be like a rock, I believe they've lost a step, so they'd be a rock that can be outrun. Honestly, if you go to the Pats website, if a player is between 27 and 29, he's one of the younger dudes on the roster, and in the NFL, even between 27 and 29 is old. Our running game may struggle a bit against them, but I don't think they can cover us or stop us in the open field.

On offense, Moss is old and hasn't had a good year in three years or so, he's probably lost a step. Even if he hasn't, his best years in Minnesota were because Culpepper ran around, made time, and then just lobbed the ball deep to him and he'd run under it. New England doesn't play that kind of football, and I'm not even sure Brady could play that kind of football. Stallworth has never impressed me too much. If this was the Bengals of old who had no defense, then I might be a bit worried, but with the improvements on defense and corners like O'Neal, Joseph, and Hall, I'm not worried at all. Maroney is a solid back, but I don't think their line can get off the ball as quick or manover as well as they once could, plus we have some solid backers now in Brooks, Hartwell, Johnson, and Jeanty (just for starters).
BFritz Wrote:Fair enough, good argument.

However, the Bengals offense is high powered, and while the Pats D may still be like a rock, I believe they've lost a step, so they'd be a rock that can be outrun. Honestly, if you go to the Pats website, if a player is between 27 and 29, he's one of the younger dudes on the roster, and in the NFL, even between 27 and 29 is old. Our running game may struggle a bit against them, but I don't think they can cover us or stop us in the open field.

On offense, Moss is old and hasn't had a good year in three years or so, he's probably lost a step. Even if he hasn't, his best years in Minnesota were because Culpepper ran around, made time, and then just lobbed the ball deep to him and he'd run under it. New England doesn't play that kind of football, and I'm not even sure Brady could play that kind of football. Stallworth has never impressed me too much. If this was the Bengals of old who had no defense, then I might be a bit worried, but with the improvements on defense and corners like O'Neal, Joseph, and Hall, I'm not worried at all. Maroney is a solid back, but I don't think their line can get off the ball as quick or manover as well as they once could, plus we have some solid backers now in Brooks, Hartwell, Johnson, and Jeanty (just for starters).

Man, I sure hope you're right, but Maroney made us look like we were running in quicksand last year, and that was without any good receivers to occupy some of the defenders' attention. I don't doubt that we will score our points against them, but will it be enough to win? Only time will tell...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OK Ive been away from this particular thread a few days. I'll give my worthless two cents on what Ive seen and read, lol..Palmer can throw the deep ball as well as anybody in the NFL, his mobility isn't that great, but the o-line is as sound as any in the NFL. On offense, the Bengals have very few, if any weaknesses. On defense, only time will tell. Yes theyve improved, but anythings an improvement over the last few years. I believe they'll be respectable on defense, and I believe that 10 wins is a given, that 11 isnt too far out of reach and 12 will be their peak. As far as New England, theyve improved on both sides of the ball and spent some big $$ to do it, which is strange for them. Moss may be a little older but still runs a 4.3, lol..Maroney will be the feature back, and I believe he'll pound out 1300+ yards. Brady has a solid running game and some dangerous recievers (like he freakin needed them), so he's got some pressure off of him. New England will be the best team in all of football this year though. I absolutely hate picking them to win the damn superbowl, so Im going to hold off on that, but truthfully, and Im sorry Fritz, but they are loaded pal, lol..but it wouldnt surprise me one bit to see them playing against Cincy deep in the AFC playoffs. But look out for my Steelers!! Theyve stayed injury free this offseason. Our quarterback hasnt stared death in the face one single time since the end of last year, lol..All I know is this Tomlin guy had better be worth them picking over Ken Whisenhunt and Russ Grimm (yeah Im still boiling over that), because if he's set on mediocrity in the Steel City just to get paid, then I can tell him that Steeler Nation is one nation he'd better not piss off, lol...
TidesHoss32 Wrote:OK Ive been away from this particular thread a few days. I'll give my worthless two cents on what Ive seen and read, lol..Palmer can throw the deep ball as well as anybody in the NFL, his mobility isn't that great, but the o-line is as sound as any in the NFL. On offense, the Bengals have very few, if any weaknesses. On defense, only time will tell. Yes theyve improved, but anythings an improvement over the last few years. I believe they'll be respectable on defense, and I believe that 10 wins is a given, that 11 isnt too far out of reach and 12 will be their peak. As far as New England, theyve improved on both sides of the ball and spent some big $$ to do it, which is strange for them. Moss may be a little older but still runs a 4.3, lol..Maroney will be the feature back, and I believe he'll pound out 1300+ yards. Brady has a solid running game and some dangerous recievers (like he freakin needed them), so he's got some pressure off of him. New England will be the best team in all of football this year though. I absolutely hate picking them to win the damn superbowl, so Im going to hold off on that, but truthfully, and Im sorry Fritz, but they are loaded pal, lol..but it wouldnt surprise me one bit to see them playing against Cincy deep in the AFC playoffs. But look out for my Steelers!! Theyve stayed injury free this offseason. Our quarterback hasnt stared death in the face one single time since the end of last year, lol..All I know is this Tomlin guy had better be worth them picking over Ken Whisenhunt and Russ Grimm (yeah Im still boiling over that), because if he's set on mediocrity in the Steel City just to get paid, then I can tell him that Steeler Nation is one nation he'd better not piss off, lol...

I would agree with you that New England is loaded and has to be the early favorite to win the Super Bowl, even though I don't like them either. I was pretty happy to see Indy finally bounce them last year.

I disagree about 12 wins being the peak for the Bengals, though. That is what I am picking them to do this year (12-4) but if they sweep SF and Seattle on the road, they will get to 13 wins. Heck, with the right breaks, they could even get to 14 wins, but that's not likely and you'll not see me making any big predictions like that. Big Grin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
yeah, that was just my worthless opinion, lol...No doubt about it, Cincy will be tough, but man, playing in the AFC alone keeps me (along with my hatred, lol) from picking them to win 12 games. I think 12 is very doable, and it would get them a first round bye in the playoffs. I think New England will win 13 games, and San Diego will win 12, then after that you'll see Cincy and Pittsburgh winning 12 and 11, 10, somewhere around there..I think Cincy will knock off Seattle, but San Fransissysco will be improved. I like Coach Nolan, and he's building that team the right way, through the draft, and they'll be a playoff team IMO..but its gonna be fun, no doubt..
More Cowbell Wrote:I would agree with you that New England is loaded and has to be the early favorite to win the Super Bowl, even though I don't like them either. I was pretty happy to see Indy finally bounce them last year.

I disagree about 12 wins being the peak for the Bengals, though. That is what I am picking them to do this year (12-4) but if they sweep SF and Seattle on the road, they will get to 13 wins. Heck, with the right breaks, they could even get to 14 wins, but that's not likely and you'll not see me making any big predictions like that. Big Grin
TidesHoss32 Wrote:yeah, that was just my worthless opinion, lol...No doubt about it, Cincy will be tough, but man, playing in the AFC alone keeps me (along with my hatred, lol) from picking them to win 12 games. I think 12 is very doable, and it would get them a first round bye in the playoffs. I think New England will win 13 games, and San Diego will win 12, then after that you'll see Cincy and Pittsburgh winning 12 and 11, 10, somewhere around there..I think Cincy will knock off Seattle, but San Fransissysco will be improved. I like Coach Nolan, and he's building that team the right way, through the draft, and they'll be a playoff team IMO..but its gonna be fun, no doubt..

I know what you mean about San Fran. Two years ago I would've thought that game would've been a gimme, but they will be much improved and may win their division. In my 12-4 prediction, I assumed a split with Seattle and SF, but you're right in that Seattle is the more likely Bengal win of the two games.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I know what you mean about San Fran. Two years ago I would've thought that game would've been a gimme, but they will be much improved and may win their division. In my 12-4 prediction, I assumed a split with Seattle and SF, but you're right in that Seattle is the more likely Bengal win of the two games.

Gore I think could have a big year, and his hand injury shouldn't have an effect on his play. Alex Smith could be very good, but I don't think he has anyone to throw to.

I also think their defense is pretty bad.

Obviously, I disagree with you and think that they won't be very good. probably below average, .500 would be very generous.