Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals starting corners
From the Bengals website, I take this to mean that Joseph will be in on normal plays, and Hall will be in on passing downs.

They've only got nine NFL starts among them with all of them belonging to Joseph. But the way Joseph, the starting right corner, got his hands on 19 balls last year and the way Hall, the presumed third corner, looked in the spring the Bengals have got to be thinking they've got one of the best young corner tandems in the NFL.

Of course, the other starter, Deltha O'Neal, absolutely must play better than last year. But with Tory James gone, the defensive backfield is now exponentially younger, faster and more physical back there with those two guys. It's hard to see the secondary getting blown up for big plays like it did against San Diego and Pittsburgh with Joseph and Hall running around. No matter how many NFL games they've played. And you know O'Neal has the potential to have double-digit picks (he's had seasons of 10 and nine in his career), and he does it in odd years, too, in '01 and '05.

Looks like an improvement, either way.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Yeah I was curious as to who will be starting in the game vs. the guards? LOL!!!!!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Yeah I was curious as to who will be starting in the game vs. the guards? LOL!!!!!

players more original than you who can think of new material, and if they're criminals, as you imply, that's sad for you........ sorry about your luck.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Yeah I was curious as to who will be starting in the game vs. the guards? LOL!!!!!

BFritz Wrote:players more original than you who can think of new material, and if they're criminals, as you imply, that's sad for you........ sorry about your luck.

I agree, BFritz, it has been silly just how many people on here fancy themselves as amateur comedians. Thing is, they don't realize that Bengals jokes haven't been original since oh, about a year ago.

I'm getting tired of people getting on threads about the Bengals and trying to sabotage an interesting discussion topic by trying out their latest one-liner. Maybe they could start their own thread for "Bengals jokes", where they can all post their best lines and keep them off actual discussion boards.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Back to the actual topic, I am glad to see that Joseph is listed as a starter, that must mean he is mostly healed from the broken foot that he suffered a few months back. I think the best case scenario is that Joseph is healthy enough to start on one side, and O'Neal feels threatened enough by Hall that he elevates his game back to his '05 Pro Bowl form. This would allow us to bring Hall along slowly as a nickel back, just as we did Joseph last year. Then, assuming O'Neal has a solid season, we could trade him after the season and actually get a decent return, then allow Hall to become the other starter in '08.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Back to the actual topic, I am glad to see that Joseph is listed as a starter, that must mean he is mostly healed from the broken foot that he suffered a few months back. I think the best case scenario is that Joseph is healthy enough to start on one side, and O'Neal feels threatened enough by Hall that he elevates his game back to his '05 Pro Bowl form. This would allow us to bring Hall along slowly as a nickel back, just as we did Joseph last year. Then, assuming O'Neal has a solid season, we could trade him after the season and actually get a decent return, then allow Hall to become the other starter in '08.

I meant Hall on passing downs as Hall in at corner and Joseph in as the nickel back since Hall's probly a better one-on-one corner and Joseph's probly comfortable at the nickel back since he played his first year or so there (I'm not saying that you misunderstood my post or anything, I'm just quoting your post to clarify what I was trying to say.)

I never thought about trading O'Neal after next season and getting a solid return for him, might be a good idea though.
BFritz Wrote:I meant Hall on passing downs as Hall in at corner and Joseph in as the nickel back since Hall's probly a better one-on-one corner and Joseph's probly comfortable at the nickel back since he played his first year or so there (I'm not saying that you misunderstood my post or anything, I'm just quoting your post to clarify what I was trying to say.)

I never thought about trading O'Neal after next season and getting a solid return for him, might be a good idea though.

I actually didn't necessarily mean Hall would be playing a certain position, just that as the nickel back I meant he would not start, only come in on passing downs. Like we talked about in the other thread, I'm fine with Joseph as the nickel man, although I wouldn't go as far to say Hall is better in man coverage than Joseph. However they arrange them is fine with me.

My main point is that ideally O'Neal will elevate his game in response to the presence of Hall, and be a top-level corner like he can be. Again, I think that has two benefits: it allows Hall to be brought along gradually (not as a full-time starter right away) and it increases O'Neal's trade value exponentially, so that we can get a good draft pick in return for him when we're ready to make Hall the full-time starter. In this scenario, we would have 3 top-notch corners this season, which would be great.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I actually didn't necessarily mean Hall would be playing a certain position, just that as the nickel back I meant he would not start, only come in on passing downs. Like we talked about in the other thread, I'm fine with Joseph as the nickel man, although I wouldn't go as far to say Hall is better in man coverage than Joseph. However they arrange them is fine with me.

My main point is that ideally O'Neal will elevate his game in response to the presence of Hall, and be a top-level corner like he can be. Again, I think that has two benefits: it allows Hall to be brought along gradually (not as a full-time starter right away) and it increases O'Neal's trade value exponentially, so that we can get a good draft pick in return for him when we're ready to make Hall the full-time starter. In this scenario, we would have 3 top-notch corners this season, which would be great.

I agree.......... your post makes more sense than mine :Thumbs:

(Hey, it happens from time-to-time Smile)
BFritz Wrote:players more original than you who can think of new material, and if they're criminals, as you imply, that's sad for you........ sorry about your luck.
Youre a Bengals fan and YOURE sorry about MY luck? Now thats funny right there!!!!LOL!
More Cowbell Wrote:I agree, BFritz, it has been silly just how many people on here fancy themselves as amateur comedians. Thing is, they don't realize that Bengals jokes haven't been original since oh, about a year ago.

I'm getting tired of people getting on threads about the Bengals and trying to sabotage an interesting discussion topic by trying out their latest one-liner. Maybe they could start their own thread for "Bengals jokes", where they can all post their best lines and keep them off actual discussion boards.

Yeah.....I was just reading a thread called "Steelers '07". Funny thing is, I didn't see where any Bengals fans got on there making any remarks toward the Steelers. I guess that tells us something doesn't it???
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Youre a Bengals fan and YOURE sorry about MY luck? Now thats funny right there!!!!LOL!

Rolleyes that doesn't even deserve a response
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Youre a Bengals fan and YOURE sorry about MY luck? Now thats funny right there!!!!LOL!

:moon:

BFritz Wrote:Rolleyes that doesn't even deserve a response

BFritz, just ignore people like HailPikeville. He probably laughed when Carson Palmer got his knee torn up in the playoff game and said "Sorry about your luck, Bengals!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]