Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for BL, ER, and Phelps players?
Just wanted to hear from some of the players how their new coaches are doing. How would you rate your coach so far?
Coach Branham is one of the best coaches iv ever had. And that means something also, every snice I have been in little leauge iv had a diffrent head coach every year. And so far he is the best one iv had. Coach Branham also seems to fit in with all the ER players.
Looks like someone locked a starting position lmao jk haha.....But Coach Parsons has been a great coach so far...He has us working hard day in and day out....But one thing that i love about him is he lets us hit more than any coach i have ever played for....Last year we did more hitting in the last two weeks of the season than we had done all year under CoachB...Hopefully that will change at ER...In these last three weeks of practice we have worked harder the last three years combined...and we have already hit more than Coach B let us hit last year.....We haven't worked this hard since the Jackie Bush days.
PittFan Wrote:Looks like someone locked a starting position lmao jk haha.....But Coach Parsons has been a great coach so far...He has us working hard day in and day out....But one thing that i love about him is he lets us hit more than any coach i have ever played for....Last year we did more hitting in the last two weeks of the season than we had done all year under CoachB...Hopefully that will change at ER...In these last three weeks of practice we have worked harder the last three years combined...and we have already hit more than Coach B let us hit last year.....We haven't worked this hard since the Jackie Bush days.

WASNT COACH PARSONS ASST COACH LAST YEAR. AND IF HE WAS WHAT DID HE COACH? AND WHY DIDNT HE HAVE YOU GUYS WORKING THAT HARD LAST YEAR? SOUNDS LIKE ALOT OF THROAT CUTTING TO ME.
warriorpride Wrote:Coach Branham is one of the best coaches iv ever had. And that means something also, every snice I have been in little leauge iv had a diffrent head coach every year. And so far he is the best one iv had. Coach Branham also seems to fit in with all the ER players.

ITS NICE TO HEAR THE PLAYERS TALK ABOUT THEIR COACHES GLAD TO HEAR THAT COACH B. IS FITTING IN NICELY GOOD LUCK TO YOU BOYS AT ER AND GOOD LUCK COACH B.
Good to hear
PittFan Wrote:But one thing that i love about him is he lets us hit more than any coach i have ever played for....Last year we did more hitting in the last two weeks of the season than we had done all year ...and we have already hit more than Coach B let us hit last year.....We haven't worked this hard since the Jackie Bush days.
"Hitting" and contact in practice does not equate hard work.
Many coaches keep full contact to a minimum in practice to prevent unnecesary injuries and keep players from getting banged up.

A certain amount of full contact is useful, cross that line and many teams have injury issues later in the year.
Coach parsons is working on hitting fundamentally correct. He is starting with step one. Coach B put down some good work, it is only going to take a little more and the bobcats will be PLAYOFF BOUND!!!!!!
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:Coach parsons is working on hitting fundamentally correct. He is starting with step one. Coach B put down some good work, it is only going to take a little more and the bobcats will be PLAYOFF BOUND!!!!!!

aren't these the same boys coach P. had last year? why wasn't coach P. teaching this last year. it sounds like some animosty in the ranks. what since coach P. got knock out of the job last year that he did deserve to have he did not try as hard.Rolleyes :redboxer:
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:Coach parsons is working on hitting fundamentally correct. He is starting with step one. Coach B put down some good work, it is only going to take a little more and the bobcats will be PLAYOFF BOUND!!!!!!

another thing that i heard back over the summer in pikeville that coach P.was telling some of his so called players that are your buddies that coach B. was hardly ever there at practices and was always letting the other coaches run the practice. is that why you did not bring back the other coaches because you thought they would try to run the show. over in pike there are alot of people saying alot of hateful things about coach P. character. why is that do they know something about coach P. that others dont. alot of coachP. players have great things to say about pracatice they say he completely the opposite coach compared to the other years. B.FL. You seem to know alot about him can you tell me why his coaching has changed so much.
Let's not turn this into a coach bashing thread...all of these guys are busting their tails to make their teams better.
sure Coach P is a good friend of mine. Coach P. as an assitant, done what he was told, he never talked bad about coach B, he treated coach B with respect. He did want the job last year, but he accepted his role as an assistant coach. These people in the Pikeville Area, need to just relax, if you dont like the product then complain, until then, drink some HATORADE with the rest of them.

One other thing, Coach P was gone to Campbellsville during the front of summer so he really didnt have any contact with only a couple of players so he couldnt have said anything.
wat all is coach jones doin with phelps??? does ne one know??
Thanks to both of you. To set the record straight, Coach Parsons didn't cut my throat at BL. I left there on my own. He helped me out tremendously while I was there. There may be some others stating untruths about me not being at practices in football. I was at every football practice.
footballexorcist Wrote:ITS NICE TO HEAR THE PLAYERS TALK ABOUT THEIR COACHES GLAD TO HEAR THAT COACH B. IS FITTING IN NICELY GOOD LUCK TO YOU BOYS AT ER AND GOOD LUCK COACH B.
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:sure Coach P is a good friend of mine. Coach P. as an assitant, done what he was told, he never talked bad about coach B, he treated coach B with respect. He did want the job last year, but he accepted his role as an assistant coach. These people in the Pikeville Area, need to just relax, if you dont like the product then complain, until then, drink some HATORADE with the rest of them.

One other thing, Coach P was gone to Campbellsville during the front of summer so he really didnt have any contact with only a couple of players so he couldnt have said anything.
I personally know no one in Pikeville that gives a crap what is going on with BL football team. They won't care until the week leading up to the Sept. 7th game against BL.
ONE GAME AT A TIME!
I agree big pun, I just wanted everyone knows that Coach parsons has much respect for coach b and he didnt miss one football practice. I know the bobcats will be looking forward to Pikeville in the district opener!!!!!

bobcats playoff bound!!!!!!!!!!
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:the bobcats will be looking forward to Pikeville in the district opener!!!!!
Let's your prediction for this game since you are looking forward to it so bad.
I dont predict games, I will let the bobcats do my talking.
Good luck to Coach B. and Coach P. Also, good luck to Coach S. at SV, but beware of AH!