Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kings Island's Vortex Is Closing
Kings Island is closing the Vortex roller coaster after 33 years. I used to love this roller coaster. I hate to see it go.

https://www.lex18.com/news/vortex-roller...RfCBJmd9Cc
I rode the Vortex once.

JUST once!!!

Confusednicker:
I rode it my 8th grade year. I weighed 210 pounds d's at the time, and I didn't think it was bad. I went back my senior year of high school when I weighed 285 pounds, and I could tell a huge difference. I guess the extra weight caused the g forces to increase substantially.
Me my wife and her two brothers went to Kings Island this weekend. Boy did it stink. Rides were one hour to one hour and a half for every ride and fast passes cost $70. Not to mention the food stunk and everything is overpriced. Give me Dollywood any day of the week. Free ice water!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I am a Kings Island encyclopedia.....

The spot where the Vortex is built is 'haunted'. There was a ride before the Vortex on the same piece of land called The Bat. Urban legends say that The de-railed, but this is false. The Bat closed because of mechanical reasons. You can still see cement pillars from The Bat and the station house still has cut-outs of where the track was. The Bat was a suspended coaster... there are half circle cut-outs in the station house wood.

The Vortex has been a great coaster for KI and has served millions of riders over the 30+ years. CedarFair is spending millions and millions of dollars to keep their parks fresh.

I'd love to have a piece of the track.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
The Bat was a coaster suspended from the top of each car. "Mechanical" issues may have been the PR reason it was closed but the more accurate description should be "medical" issues. There were more law suits settled from neck injuries from that ride than any other in KI history.
Granny Bear Wrote:The Bat was a coaster suspended from the top of each car. "Mechanical" issues may have been the PR reason it was closed but the more accurate description should be "medical" issues. There were more law suits settled from neck injuries from that ride than any other in KI history.

The Son of Beast has to be a very very close 2nd place.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed