Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region Baseball History
***Needing some help with any information. I have been working on this for several years. In 1976 KHSAA went to 16 baseball regions. I have been conducting information regarding the post-season results in the 13th Region. While I have quite a bit of scores and results, I still need some more in order for this to be complete. Any and all help would be appreciated. From 1976-1985 it was a weird alignment with a lot of now 12th region schools in it and traditional 13th region schools namely the Harlan Co schools in the 14th until 1986 where it was set up like the traditional basketball format.

1976- Complete

1977- Missing two first round scores, McCreary Co over Jackson Co and Barbourville over Somerset

1978- Need all information of all 8 teams and the district winners and runner-ups, site the region was played at. All I have is the champion which was Somerset.

1979- Missing three first round scores, McCreary Central vs. Pulaski Co, Middlesboro vs. Wayne Co, and Clay Co vs. someone out of the Somerset/Pulaski Co distirct. Missing semi final scores Laurel Co over MC/PC,
MB/WC vs. CC/TBA? Missing championship score Laurel Co over who?

1980- Only missing one first round score Clay Co over Wayne Co

1981- Missing two first round scores Middlesboro over Rockcastle Co, and Lincoln Co over Wayne Co. Missing semi final score between Middlesboro and Lincoln Co, Missing Championship Score Somerset over MB or Lincoln.

1982- Only missing one first round score Russell Co over Rockcastle Co

1983- Complete

1984- Need all information of all 8 teams and the district winners and runner-ups, site the region was played at. All I have is the champion which was Russell County, and that Barbourville was district champion and Knox Central was district runner up out of that district.

1985- Only missing championship score Russell Co over Laurel Co

1986- Missing first round score Middlesboro over Rockcastle Co and semi-final score Cumberland over Middlesboro

1987- Missing first round score and result between Middlesboro vs. Harlan
first round score Cumberland over Pineville, Semi final game and result between Rockcastle Co and either MB or Harlan, semi final score Cumberland over Jackson Co and Championship score Cumberland over either RC/H/MB

1988- Missing two district runner-ups from 49th and 51st district. Missing first round score Middlesboro over 49th Runner up, Missing first round score Clay Co over 51st Runner up, Semi final score Cumberland over Middlesboro, Semi final score and winner between Harlan and Clay Co, Missing championship score Cumberland over either Harlan or Clay Co

1989-Complete

1990- Complete

1991- Only missing first round score Cawood over Pineville

1992- Complete

1993- Missing first round score Cumberland over Jackson Co

1994- Missing first round score Harlan over Clay Co and semi final score Harlan over Bell Co

1995- Missing first round score Cumberland over Rockcastle Co and first round score Harlan over Clay Co

1997- Missing first round score Cumberland over Middlesboro
Cumberland beat Harlan in the 88 finals at Clay
Cumberland beat Middlesboro in the 87 finals.
You could find a lot of those scores in the Harlan Daily Enterprise. The old bound volumes are at the public library in Harlan. I covered a lot of those games.
Thanks HCS for the info, I was stuck on 87 and 88. I would still like to know the scores, I may have to venture up there. I found a lot of info on Newspaper Archives but the Harlan and Middlesboro papers only go through 1977 on there. The Corbin paper provided a lot but some years when Corbin didn't make a deep run, they stopped following the entire post-season.

I'd like to get some info 1976-1985 when the Harlan County schools were in the 14th. It was weird Middlesboro was always in 13th and then in 1984 and 1985 baseball seasons they were in the 14th, and then went back when the original 13th region alignment was finally in place in 1986-2005.

I call it the orginal 13th region alignment because since about 1936 or 1937 for basketball that is how it was with mostly the same 49th, 50th, 51st, and 52nd district teams.

I need to get in touch with someone from the London and Somerset area for the early years of the 13th region baseball tournament 1976-1985.
UPDATE

The following years are complete, I have every team, every district champion and runner up, every score and winner for the following years; 1976, 1978, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1996, 1998- Present 2019.

STILL NEED INFO FOR THE FOLLOWING.....PLEASE HELP!!!!

1977- Missing two first round scores, McCreary Co over Jackson Co and Barbourville over Somerset.

1979- Missing three first round scores, McCreary Central vs. Pulaski Co, Middlesboro vs. Wayne Co, and Clay Co vs. someone out of the Somerset/Pulaski Co distirct. Missing semi final scores Laurel Co over MC/PC,
MB/WC vs. CC/TBA? Missing championship score Laurel Co over who?

1981- Missing first round score Lincoln Co over Wayne Co

1984- Missing two first round scores McCreary Central vs. Clay Co (Need Winner & Score)
First Round Score Somerset over Barbourville
Missing semi final score Somerset over McCreary Central or Barbourville

1986- Missing first round score Middlesboro over Rockcastle Co and semi-final score Cumberland over Middlesboro

1987- Missing two first round scores between Middlesboro over Harlan and
Cumberland over Pineville,
Missing both semi final game scores between Middlesboro over Rockcastle Co and Cumberland over Jackson Co

1988- Missing two district runner-ups from 49th and 51st district. Missing first round score Middlesboro over 49th Runner up, Missing first round score Clay Co over 51st Runner up, Missing both Semi final scores Cumberland over Middlesboro, and Harlan over Clay Co

1991- Only missing first round score Cawood over Pineville

1993- Missing first round score Cumberland over Jackson Co

1994- Missing first round score Harlan over Clay Co and semi final score Harlan over Bell Co

1995- Missing first round score Cumberland over Rockcastle Co and first round score Harlan over Clay Co

1997- Missing first round score Cumberland over Middlesboro
UPDATE

I have all the scores and results from 1977, 1979, 1981, and 1984 now. Still need
1986, 1987, 1988, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, and 1997.
I have them all now. Will make a link once it’s complete.