Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset @ Lexington Christian 10/18
Thoughts and predictions :Cheerlead
I’ll take LCA by 7
#1 RPI Lexington Christian TongueirateSho vs #2 RPI Somerset TongueirateSho
Somerset by 7. If it was a Somerset I would pick them to win by 14. Should be a Great High School Football Game. I think Somerset's Def is better than LCA's. I also think LCA will have to put more than normal people in the box to keep Somerset from running it right down their throat. That will leave them in a Cover 3 or Man to Man. Don't think that will stop Somerset from having success throwing the football. JMO
Remember Somerset won both games last year.
Somerset by 21
I have watched somerset played once this year against 1A Williamsburg and watched LCA played 3A belfry on wymt game of the week............. With that said going with the team that doesn’t haveto huddle up to make a play call ...... going to be a high scoring game in Lexington. Speed kills ( LCA has It ) :truestory:

Lexington Christian 56
Somerset 41
I think the loss of Miller will be the difference. I'll say:

LCA - 42
Somerset - 35
Somerset’s QB will be the key to winning the game for LCA. If they can pressure and contain Him, LCA 35 Somerset 14, if not LCA 35 Somerset 28. What I’ve seen LCA has a significant speed advantage.
Eagles win a thriller 29-27.
LCA by 3. Miller loss is hard to overcome
Somerset.
Somerset’s defense better play the best game they’ve played all year long to come away with the win. They’ll need some folks to step up big and play better than they’ve played.

Even as a Somerset supporter, the advantage is all LCA since it’s on their field.

28-24 type score.

I do hope to be wrong but like E said, without Miller their dynamic is different.
The loss of Miller will be crucial in this game. With that being said, I’ll still take Somerset, just not by nearly as much.
Jumpers- 28
LCA- 21
Brown and Smith are a dangerous athletic combo for LCA and Barnhardt is a pretty good QB with good numbers although he tends to lock on to his intended receiver pretty quick. I think LCA takes this one 28-27. If Miller had not been hurt I would have gone with the Jumpers by a TD.
Have to wonder just how much either team will show in this game considering they will meet again in the 2nd round of the playoffs. But then again home-field advantage in the 2nd meeting is up for grabs.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Have to wonder just how much either team will show in this game considering they will meet again in the 2nd round of the playoffs. But then again home-field advantage in the 2nd meeting is up for grabs.

Have to disagree with TheBrahmaBull here, to much at stake here to not show everything if it means winning this game. I bet both teams want this game because it’s for district championship and that means home field advantage in the playoffs. Somerset and LCA both want the playoffs at home and the higher RPI number to keep them there. This is one of the better games of the week and has all the anticipation to be a great one. Good luck to both and hope for an injury free game for all. I am not picking a winner because I think it could go either way and no they will meet again.
LCA 24
Somerset 21
Friday can't get here fast enough. This will be a barn burner with LCA on the winning side. The number 1 game in 2A thus far this year.
This should be the best 2A game on the season to this point. I expect a great game, too close to call. I like the way Somerset matches up with LCA this year and the way they have in the past. It will come down to who makes a Defensive stop or two during the game. Good Luck to both, and a re-match will happen week 2 of the play-offs.
Somerset will win this game.. Better line play, better defensively. I expect them to control the line of scrimmage and the clock and keep LCAs offense off the field as much as possible. As long as the Jumpers don't have an excessive # of turnovers, they'll win in the 10-14 point range.. Somerset 42 LCA 28
Somerset football is more than just one player! They will come together and play as a whole with Miller in their hearts. How do you think that poor child feels when he gets on here and sees you all saying “the loss of Miller is going to hurt them”! I think whoever plays with more heart and determination is going to win.. that being said, I’ll take Somerset winning 21-14
Against a team like LCA, Somerset needs to find a way to match the physicality that Miller brought to the RB position. We aren't going to beat them with speed, so we need to see if they can stop our strength. IMO, they should run Bruner and Garland at RB for most of the game and then let the Smiths pick up some of their reps on defense. Bruner ate LCA up last year. I'd let him see if he can do it again. Beat them down, keep their offense off the field, and let Sheron hit them for the big play when they give it to us. We don't need to try to get fancy with LCA and let them turn this game into a shootout.
RoShamBo Wrote:Against a team like LCA, Somerset needs to find a way to match the physicality that Miller brought to the RB position. We aren't going to beat them with speed, so we need to see if they can stop our strength. IMO, they should run Bruner and Garland at RB for most of the game and then let the Smiths pick up some of their reps on defense. Bruner ate LCA up last year. I'd let him see if he can do it again. Beat them down, keep their offense off the field, and let Sheron hit them for the big play when they give it to us. We don't need to try to get fancy with LCA and let them turn this game into a shootout.

I agree with that strategy 100%.. You don't want to allow LCA to get in a rhythm and in a shootout type game.. Make them play defense for extended periods and keep that offense from getting too comfortable. The Jumpers have the advantage in strength, line play and depth. Play to those strengths.
LCA by 2-3 TD's
RoShamBo Wrote:Against a team like LCA, Somerset needs to find a way to match the physicality that Miller brought to the RB position. We aren't going to beat them with speed, so we need to see if they can stop our strength. IMO, they should run Bruner and Garland at RB for most of the game and then let the Smiths pick up some of their reps on defense. Bruner ate LCA up last year. I'd let him see if he can do it again. Beat them down, keep their offense off the field, and let Sheron hit them for the big play when they give it to us. We don't need to try to get fancy with LCA and let them turn this game into a shootout.

I agree 100%, that is what I was saying, I like the way Somerset matches up with LCA. Bruner ran all over them last year, they wanted no part of tackling him. Somerset's Def is also better than LCA's. Game time will be here in a short time. Then do it all over in 3 weeks. :redboxer:
There will be no lack of motivation in this game.

Somerset - The loss of Miller is heavy on every kid and no doubt they will all be playing with him in their minds. Somerset needs to prove that they can still play and make things happen against top competition.

LCA- Last year losing the first game 31-0 and the second game losing on the goaline 35-31 with seconds to go. This is no doubt an important game for the LCA kids because they are playing for revenge, bragging rights, and home field in the playoffs.

This will be a high emotion game and ill take my eagles.

35-21
Jumpers by a Touchdown 28-21.
I really think the Bunnies find a way to win this one.

Somerset 24
LCA 21
I think the home team wins this one. After seeing LCA in person in week two, they made a believer out of me. And I'm sure they've only gotten better in the last month or so. This is a matchup of two of the top three teams in 2A, Mayfield being the other. Should be a dandy.

LCA 35
Somerset 27
Will there be a place to watch this game online?