Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PCB: Pike Central vs Shelby Valley
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Well from the scrimages I've seen I may give a slight edge to valley, but in my opinion it's still a toss up.

I agree that it's a toss-up. I would've gone with the home team, but since it's a neutral field I don't know who should get the edge. Should be a good one.

I'm not sure you can put much stock in scrimmages, but according to some posters on here Valley has looked pretty good. Have you seen Valley or Central (or both) so far this summer?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I agree that it's a toss-up. I would've gone with the home team, but since it's a neutral field I don't know who should get the edge. Should be a good one.

I'm not sure you can put much stock in scrimmages, but according to some posters on here Valley has looked pretty good. Have you seen Valley or Central (or both) so far this summer?

I have seen both. Valley looked really good at times, and Pike Central has really adjusted well to the new offense. It should be a fun game to watch.
Central...34-14.
Im thinking Central 60-58, lol..its going to look like a basketball score..should be a fun one though!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Central...34-14.

No way Central (or Valley, for that matter) wins by that much. These two teams are too closely matched for that kind of margin to happen. I see the game being won by a single touchdown.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SV wins by no more than 2 TD's.
Not much longer till this battle gets going. Should be a great one!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Not much longer till this battle gets going. Should be a great one!
I agree, its going be a great game........We'll see who comes out to play and so that shall be the winner ...
I just seen where WYMT will replay this game Sunday at noon.
With the nice field and alot of boys to choose from I look for that school to explode someday>
Noexcuses Wrote:With the nice field and alot of boys to choose from I look for that school to explode someday>

I assume you're talking about Pike Central. Not being sarcastic, but when do you foresee this explosion happening? I'm not sure if you'll ever see sustained success from any of the other county teams besides Belfry.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I assume you're talking about Pike Central. Not being sarcastic, but when do you foresee this explosion happening? I'm not sure if you'll ever see sustained success from any of the other county teams besides Belfry.

Im pretty sure he is refering to Valley since they got the turf field.
I say Dillon Hughes from Valley will have 2 TD's or maybe even more!!
Noexcuses Wrote:With the nice field and alot of boys to choose from I look for that school to explode someday>

15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Im pretty sure he is refering to Valley since they got the turf field.

You may be right about his comment, I wasn't thinking in terms of the new turf field. Actually, I think both schools have nice stadiums.

I assumed he was speaking of PC due to the second part of the comment. Central has a much higher enrollment than Valley and would thus have many more boys to draw their sports teams from.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PC stadium may be nice but the field isn't worth crap in my opinion. Boys at PC don't like to play football. All those boys and no one will play for some reason.
bigpun Wrote:PC stadium may be nice but the field isn't worth crap in my opinion. Boys at PC don't like to play football. All those boys and no one will play for some reason.

couldn't agree more its a shame to see how crap the field is and how much money they have put into that field. Also with the boys the numbers are up this year so maybe everything will turn around fo rthe better.
bigpun Wrote:PC stadium may be nice but the field isn't worth crap in my opinion. Boys at PC don't like to play football. All those boys and no one will play for some reason.

Why do you think that is? Do you think it's because of the crappy field, because they don't like the coach, or is there some other reason?

Not being sarcastic, just wondering if you might know the reasons why they don't want to play. You too, Slammabamma, if you have any insights on this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well, after 3 pages of debates, the night is here, I'm going with Shelby Valley in a 2 touchdown victory, 33-21. I'd also like to say good luck to the girls competing in the Ms. Pike County Bowl, and VERY MUCH good luck to my girlfriend who is competing in it, Taylor Mullins.
Go Valley!!!!!!!!!