Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glavine becomes 23rd MLB player to get 300 wins
It was vintage Glavine, mixing pitches and fooling hitters, all the things that over the years made him one of baseball's best pitchers. With nervous family and friends looking on, Glavine left with a five-run lead after 6 1/3 innings, and New York's bullpen held on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Congrats to one of the classiest players in baseball, Tommy Glavine on finally getting #300. Now THIS is a good baseball story. No bad air surrounding the story. But congrats to Glavine..
congrats to Glavine happy for him.
I recently read Jayson Stark's "The Stark Truth: The Most Overrated and Underrated Players in Baseball History." Tom Glavine was the #5 most underrated left-handed pitcher of all time. This guy never threw 95 mph. He never had over powering stuff, and he's now one of only 3 pitcher EVER to win 300 games, and NEVER have 200 strikeouts in a season (his career high was 192 in 1991). I love what he said during a clip before the game yesterday. "I learned early to win ball games without having my best stuff." This guy has the best control of his fastball and change-up of anyone in the game. This may be the last 300 game winner for a long time. Congrats to one of the classiest guys in baseball.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I recently read Jayson Stark's "The Stark Truth: The Most Overrated and Underrated Players in Baseball History." Tom Glavine was the #5 most underrated left-handed pitcher of all time. This guy never threw 95 mph. He never had over powering stuff, and he's now one of only 3 pitcher EVER to win 300 games, and NEVER have 200 strikeouts in a season (his career high was 192 in 1991). I love what he said during a clip before the game yesterday. "I learned early to win ball games without having my best stuff." This guy has the best control of his fastball and change-up of anyone in the game. This may be the last 300 game winner for a long time. Congrats to one of the classiest guys in baseball.

I agree wholeheartedly with that statement. Even though I am not a Braves fan, I was always impressed with how well Glavine could pitch. Despite not having a 98 mph heater or a bottom-dropping splitter, he still managed to make good hitters look bad. As a Reds fan, I don't know how many times I would get so frustrated watching him stymie Reds hitters over and over again, to the point where I felt like throwing something.

He definitely did not get as much acclaim as he deserved. Hat's off to him. :notworthy
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Great guy and Great pitcher!
I couldnt agree more. Nobody's a bigger Brave-hater than I am, but I always liked and respected Glavine. I always hated when he'd pitch against my Pirates, because he'd always end up having the game of his year against them, lol..but like you, Im glad he's finally at 300. Thats a great accomplishment. An even bigger one is that he has NEVER been on the DL. Thats amazing.
More Cowbell Wrote:I agree wholeheartedly with that statement. Even though I am not a Braves fan, I was always impressed with how well Glavine could pitch. Despite not having a 98 mph heater or a bottom-dropping splitter, he still managed to make good hitters look bad. As a Reds fan, I don't know how many times I would get so frustrated watching him stymie Reds hitters over and over again, to the point where I felt like throwing something.

He definitely did not get as much acclaim as he deserved. Hat's off to him. :notworthy
Congrats to Tom Glavine, always been a huge fan of his stuff.This is a great accomplishment!!
On my fantasy team:notworthy

I can make a run at the title:1:
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life