Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great second round matchups.
We have 16 games that were decided by 1 score or less last time. What do you think? Here they are:
Russellville @ Crittenden Co. Last time 21-14 CC
Bethlehem @ Holy Cross. Last time 31-28 HC
Raceland @ Paintsville. Last time 19-15 P
Somerset @ LCA. Last time LCA 35-34
Russell @ Ashland Blzr. Last time 21-14 AB
CAL @ DeSales. Last time 35-28 D
Bardstown @ Etown. Last time 20-14 E
Taylor Co @ Glasgow. Last time 31-28 G
Central @ Franklin Co. Last time 14-12 FC
Madisonville NH @ Hoptown. Last time 20-18 M
John Hardin @ Moore. Last time 22-14 M
Corbin @ Wayne Co. Last time 18-16 WC
X @ Manual. Last time 20-19 M
Oldham Co @ Geo Rogers Clark. Last time 28-26 GRC
Henderson Co @ McCracken Co. Last time 33-28 HC
C Hardin @ N Hardin. Last time 7-0 NH
Shelby Valley vs West Carter could be a lot closer if SV is healthy
I’m expecting reversals in Somerset/LCA, Madisonville NH/Hoptown and Central/Franklin Co.
McCracken should be ready as well.
I think corbin/Wayne will be another barn burner for the fans involved. But if I could watch any other game, it’d be desales vs CAL
Hound05 Wrote:I think corbin/Wayne will be another barn burner for the fans involved. But if I could watch any other game, it’d be desales vs CAL

Corbin D needs to come in ready to play and prove it was them and not the rain that stopped Sloan the first time. They can do it, but he will shred them if they don’t come ready.
I must say, I would rather have cross district playoffs but, this has made a lot of interesting second round matchups. But, could you imagine say, Murray going to OC or LCA or Somerset getting to play cross district instead of only one moving on?
CAL v DeSales / LCA v Somerset - it's what the playoffs are all about. Super matchups
There were actually several other really good looking contests on the agenda. I didn't include them simply because they were 2 score games. However, they could change very easily. I look forward to checking out all the scores late Friday night.
Oldham v GRC 3.5 point spread
Raceland v Paintsville 3.5
Franklin v Central 0.5
Edmonson v Clinton 1.5
Whitley v SW-P 3.5
Wayne v Corbin 4.5
Moore v John Hardin 3.5
Elizabethtown v Bardstown 3.5
CAL v Desales 1.5
Somerset v LCA 2.5
S.K. v Dixie 4.5
Jackson Purchase Wrote:CAL v DeSales / LCA v Somerset - it's what the playoffs are all about. Super matchups

These are the two games I'd like to see if the Pirates wasn't still playing.
fridaynightfights Wrote:Corbin D needs to come in ready to play and prove it was them and not the rain that stopped Sloan the first time. They can do it, but he will shred them if they don’t come ready.

He will shred regardless. He had around 200 yds last time. Granted, it took him 40 carries to get it because of our D. I’m hoping for a bend, don’t break type thing again from them. They held him off the scoreboard for the most part, and that’s where it counts. But one thing that people need to thing about it, the weather affected us just as much. We are a spread, pass, type of team. They knew we wouldn’t be passing as much just as we did them. I tbink you’ll see a different kind of ball game this time around, hopefully it’ll be one corbin fans can enjoy.
With my Estill Engineers laying an egg last Friday, I will be traveling north on 75 to catch the Somerset - LCA game. I almost decided to travel to Danville to see Boyle - Lex Cath, not because I think it will be in doubt or as good of a game, but to see the talent ALL OVER the field from both teams!
2 good choices.
Safe travels and games for everyone tonight. It's starting to get serious now.

🙏🏼🏈