Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet the Devils
how do you think they looked tonight?
Don't know, someone fill us in on who we can expect to make some impact on defense and offense this year. I did not get to go to the maroon and gold game.
I just got back.

Tyler Jones is a beast and that is what I expected of him. Drew Abrams and David Bailey looked solid at the RB position. Justin Mitchell should fill in nicely for Marcus Frazier. The line looked pretty solid. All in all I think that Russell has the opportunity to win anywhere from 7-10 games and make a run into the playoffs as usual. The questionable games will be Mason Co because they are always tough, Raceland because they will play with that chip on their shoulder. Simon Kenton because to me they are an unknown. I will also be interested to see what Lawrence brings to the table. I think Ashland lost to much to graduation and if I am not mistaken Boyd Co has a new coach so I have no idea how that game will turn out.
By the way Drew I know who you are on here and I did not just post that because I know who you are. You looked pretty solid out there. I recall a long run that Adam Bates caught you. Good hard running!
i thought we looked alright...not near as good as we should have...we just need a little fine tuning before the season starts and i think it will all turn out good
Drew Abrams ran his butt off, which is what we need this year t o be succsessful
i thought the linebackers were decent...still alot of wrok needed there,
overall i thought everybody did well but still EVERYONE has alot of work to do to compare with the last couple years.
but i think that we have the potential and the heart to make a deep run in the playoffs this year, hopfully a trip to the ville lol
I was impressed with Evan Boyd last night...didnt know what quite to expect from him, Jones....well he's just a bull, he is a little concerned about not being able to lower his head anymore but he'll find a way around it lol. Adam Bates came as a suprise to me also. Drew did well as expected. Over all not bad, just gotta get everyone going
well.. coaches were not pleased with our proformance.. i wasnt pleased with mine..
we did have some solid plays and runs last night.. but over all.. we are WAY better than what was shown..
I think sat. will show more since we will all be together.. 10:00 we scrimmage!
Reddevil07 Wrote:I was impressed with Evan Boyd last night...didnt know what quite to expect from him, Jones....well he's just a bull, he is a little concerned about not being able to lower his head anymore but he'll find a way around it lol. Adam Bates came as a suprise to me also. Drew did well as expected. Over all not bad, just gotta get everyone going

Evan Boyd will be a big player for Russell, I coached him in JFL PeeWee 10 years ago and even then he earned a nickname as "The Warrior".
just a lil extra...david bailey did not practice today..the trainer thinks he could have a torn miniscuss (sp?) haha but he said he if doesnt feel better in a day or so he needs to get it checked out
stuck in Wisconsin and could not get ther, will be there Saturday.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Haha what was travis compston trying to do with josh's facepaint on? lmao:nope:
Im not sure.. but i dont think he should do it anymore
Very much agreed lol
honestly i dont care, who am i to say thatt he souldn't do it. but he needs to be good so he doesnt put it to shame you know what i mean. personally i wouldnt do it just because it was wills's trademark you know.
If he's gonna paint his face he should do something original.
yeah he kinda looked goofy
well really gooofy
who really cares?? its not like josh wills was the first person ever to do it
but wills is know for his face paint
yes he is very well known for his face paint. reddevil rb is correct hes not the first one to do it and will definatley not be the last.
RedDevil_TE Wrote:honestly i dont care, who am i to say thatt he souldn't do it. but he needs to be good so he doesnt put it to shame you know what i mean. personally i wouldnt do it just because it was wills's trademark you know.
Haha yes it might be better if he was good, id hate to see josh's trademark go down in flames