Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeSales 30 CAL 7
Good effort tonight. Defense came to play.
I believe if someone wants to do some research, I told everyone after the CAL/ Christian Co game that CAL would not win their district this year.
Didn't think it would be that one sided. but the DeSales win is not a surprise.
CAL really had no offense. I was shocked at what I saw back in September.
13 penalties CAL. 217!yrds total.
3 penalties Desales. 17 yrds

Hmmm
GEAUXBABIN Wrote:13 penalties CAL. 217!yrds total.

Hmmm

Since 2013, CAL has averaged >30 in penalties, compared to their opponents (CAL was 15-0 last season, yet committed far more penalties than their opponents); it is simply their style of play to be aggressive. A large portion of the penalties tonight came when CAL was trying to find any opportunity for a comeback; lead to the kids being overly anxious, thus the penalty results.

Hmmm

It is also worth noting that the CAL-DeSales rivalry, is NASTY. In the past three years, when DeSales was set to be eliminated by CAL, they committed far more penalties in the fourth quarter, than did CAL.

I strongly suspect that with Cantwell in control, CAL will continue to commit fewer overall penalties than CAL did under LeFors.

Hmmm

Are you saying the penalties weren't warranted? I dont think even CAL's coaches would argue that point. They were totally undisciplined last night.
With the final score, those penalties would all have to come on TDs or scoring drives to make a difference. JMO, I wasn’t there.
Congrats to DeSales.