Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bardstown 51, Elizabethtown 27
Final. Congrats to the Tigers and Lord Grantham.
Upset. Does Bardstown now go to PT?
We will go to Desales. But first, I am breaking out the good bourbon.
I knew Bardstown was good in week zero when they came to Pikeville. Congrats to the Tigers!
mysonis55 Wrote:Upset. Does Bardstown now go to PT?

Score don’t look like it so much was an upset and maybe the first game between the two was the upset
Congratulations to Bardstown
Congrats to Bardstown
Congrats to Bardstown.
I think the rain affected us more than it should have in the first game. E-Town had difficulty stopping us last night. Brady Clark ended up with about 200 yards passing and 3 passing TD's to 3 different receivers. We ran for about 220 yards, with LaDarion Montgomery accounting for 170 of those and 2 rushing TD's. Tereylin Calbert ran a punt back for a score, he is the state's leader in special teams returns for TD's. Ja'Rel Montgomery also for his state-leading 12th INT and returned it for his state-leading 4th INT return for TD. The defense had 4 TO's and 4 sacks.

Negatives: We put 4 balls on the ground in the 1st half and let them stay around or this would have been more lopsided. Also uncharacteristically, the defense surrendered 4 TD's in the first half and around 150 rushing yards, mostly on jet sweep plays. I found that curious, because we have always dominated jet and other sweeps. However, reviewing HUDL this morning it appears that E-Town's game plan was simply to drag the ends down and tackle the OLB's, and the refs only threw one flag the whole game on that as far as I can tell. Fortunately, the Tiger coaching staff did a nice job of adjusting to that at halftime, and we shut them out in the 2nd half.
Who does Bardstown have next?
I have to give you Pikeville folks props...you’ve been supportive of Bardstown from the onset of the season. You haven’t wavered. Thank you for that. Bardstown plays Desales at Desales next round.
Calpreps has Bardstown as PHS’ best win behind Belfry. Glad to see them doing well. Good luck at DeSales.