• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland Tomcats @ Belfry Pirates 11-22-2019
Ashland makes the trip to The Cam to take on the Pirates for the regional championship. I believe the last time the Tomcats came to the Cam the Pirates game out on top 7-6. Not sure of the year that was. Who ya got?!?!?!? Should be a good one.
Should be a dandy. My early pick is BHS 28-21.
Where would Belfry Play Should They Win This?
cuppett777 Wrote:Where would Belfry Play Should They Win This?
More than likely they will travel to Bell. There would have to be some upsets for Belfry to have a chance to host the semis.
Belfry 35 Ashland 7 Belfry better watch out this is Ashland's year!!!! Well at least that's what I have heard from them for several years. But one thing always stood in their way JC Golden Eagles. Now its Belfry's time to bust their bubble. GO PIRATES
I like Ashland’s chances against Belfry. They have played a couple of team better than Belfry that play a similar style of offense. I think it has prepared them for this game. If we play offensively like we did today we should pull this one out. Ashland 21-14
Pirates by 28
Ole Kentucky Wrote:I like Ashland’s chances against Belfry. They have played a couple of team better than Belfry that play a similar style of offense. I think it has prepared them for this game. If we play offensively like we did today we should pull this one out. Ashland 21-14

Who are these “teams” besides Spring Valley you’re speaking of?
Belfry 35
Ashland 21

After seeing both teams I like Belfry’s physicality and there overall athleticism. Plus its never easy beating a Phillip Haywood coached team this deep into the playoffs. Belfry better play discipline football because Ashland does have the athletes to break big plays. It’s always a huge game when these two get together, should be a dandy.
I hope this game is dandy. I love both the Belfry and the Ashland communities.
And while I suspect Belfry to win the game, I do believe that the winner will take out Bell Co., and go to Lexington. I suspect that Taylor Co. will handle Paducah T. fairly easily and DeSales will defeat Bardstown, so I see the winner of this game going to rusty chain boulder and come out victorious.

But, neither team deserves to play this game, on either team's home field. If the RPI truly displayed team + schedule quality, Ashland and Belfry would be in Lexington, not the state quarters.
skully03 Wrote:More than likely they will travel to Bell. There would have to be some upsets for Belfry to have a chance to host the semis.

ok, I seen something several weeks back that said they may go to Paducah,for the semi's, was kind of hoping,lol
cuppett777 Wrote:ok, I seen something several weeks back that said they may go to Paducah,for the semi's, was kind of hoping,lol

I'm almost positive on this. If Belfry wins, PT wins, and Bardstown beats Desales next week, then Belfry will have to go to Paducah in round 4. If Desales wins and Belfry wins then it will be Belfry at Bell and Desales at PT in round 4. Question is would Belfry go down on Thursday which is Thanksgiving Day for that game. I don't see how you could ride a bus for 7 hours then play a football game.
Here is the updated bracket. If Belfry and Bell wins next week, Belfry and Bell will play in the semis. Only way Belfry and PT meet is in Lexington.

https://khsaa.org/football/2019/brackets/2019_3A.pdf
Belfry - 37
Ashland - 14
I’m sure the Bell Qb is quick but the pitman kid from Ashland is the fastest I’ve seen in 20 years and he’s not Ashland’s best that would be Hester. I’m no way shape or form an Ashland fan but they are very good
Bell Qb was labor clicked at UK at 4.43 call Stoops and ask him.. London is quicker than fast..
clocked
skully03 Wrote:Here is the updated bracket. If Belfry and Bell wins next week, Belfry and Bell will play in the semis. Only way Belfry and PT meet is in Lexington.

https://khsaa.org/football/2019/brackets/2019_3A.pdf

Bracket can change after next week. In round 4 its 4@1 and 3@2 regarding overall rpi. Like I said earlier if Bardstown beats Desales and Belfry and PT both win then Bell hosts Bardstown and Belfry goes to PT. If Desales wins then it'll be Desales at PT and Belfry at Bell. That bracket has nothing to do with 4th round. It can and probably will change.
This thread could get interesting. 🍿
pirateforlife Wrote:Bracket can change after next week. In round 4 its 4@1 and 3@2 regarding overall rpi. Like I said earlier if Bardstown beats Desales and Belfry and PT both win then Bell hosts Bardstown and Belfry goes to PT. If Desales wins then it'll be Desales at PT and Belfry at Bell. That bracket has nothing to do with 4th round. It can and probably will change.
Then why in the heck did they make brackets for. Lol
pirateforlife Wrote:Bracket can change after next week. In round 4 its 4@1 and 3@2 regarding overall rpi. Like I said earlier if Bardstown beats Desales and Belfry and PT both win then Bell hosts Bardstown and Belfry goes to PT. If Desales wins then it'll be Desales at PT and Belfry at Bell. That bracket has nothing to do with 4th round. It can and probably will change.
It’s dang confusing.
Going to play the smart bet. Belfry wins 1-0, Ashland forfeits.
AngryMob Wrote:Going to play the smart bet. Belfry wins 1-0, Ashland forfeits.

Hey its possible! I've seen it happen before 😁

But the RPI was locked at the end of the regular season, correct? So you'll immediately know the matchup for the semis.
Walt Longmire Wrote:But the RPI was locked at the end of the regular season, correct? So you'll immediately know the matchup for the semis.

Yes you will, but there are lots of scenarios based on who wins and loses.
turkeysalad Wrote:I hope this game is dandy. I love both the Belfry and the Ashland communities.
And while I suspect Belfry to win the game, I do believe that the winner will take out Bell Co., and go to Lexington. I suspect that Taylor Co. will handle Paducah T. fairly easily and DeSales will defeat Bardstown, so I see the winner of this game going to rusty chain boulder and come out victorious.

But, neither team deserves to play this game, on either team's home field. If the RPI truly displayed team + schedule quality, Ashland and Belfry would be in Lexington, not the state quarters.

In this scenario. Taylor would go to Bell and Belfry to Desales.
Sounds like Belfry is ready to march on worrying about where they might have to go in the next round on their way to Kroger Field. Some of these score predictions are calling for a pretty wide gap between Belfry and Ashland. I haven’t seen Belfry this season, but I assume they don’t have a line like usual judging that they lost to 1A Pikeville and lost to Johnson Central by 40. From looking at the results, Belfry has spent the latter part of their season playing the sisters of the poor. I’m sure the Pirates are good, but this obviously isn’t the typical Belfry team we’ve come to expect over the past decade or so. Ashland has played some stellar competition in Ironton, Wheelersburg, Spring Valley, and Russell twice. All of those teams were very good contrary to what Bob Seger will tell you. The Tomcats have seen bigger and badder than Belfry so I doubt very seriously that they will get demolished. I think this will be a very close game and a great game. I feel the same way about this one as I did about the Russell-Ashland game this week. It could go either way and the winner has a great chance to win the state title.
nekysportsfan Wrote:Sounds like Belfry is ready to march on worrying about where they might have to go in the next round on their way to Kroger Field. Some of these score predictions are calling for a pretty wide gap between Belfry and Ashland. I haven’t seen Belfry this season, but I assume they don’t have a line like usual judging that they lost to 1A Pikeville and lost to Johnson Central by 40. From looking at the results, Belfry has spent the latter part of their season playing the sisters of the poor. I’m sure the Pirates are good, but this obviously isn’t the typical Belfry team we’ve come to expect over the past decade or so. Ashland has played some stellar competition in Ironton, Wheelersburg, Spring Valley, and Russell twice. All of those teams were very good contrary to what Bob Seger will tell you. The Tomcats have seen bigger and badder than Belfry so I doubt very seriously that they will get demolished. I think this will be a very close game and a great game. I feel the same way about this one as I did about the Russell-Ashland game this week. It could go either way and the winner has a great chance to win the state title.
There is NOTHING wrong with analyzing a bracket. No one is looking anywhere but to Friday night. Ashland is an excellent team. They are not very big at all and I think Belfry will move the ball on them . Belfry’s 4 headed backfield is tough and 3 of them can change the scoreboard just like that. If Belfry hangs on to the ball they take it by my score prediction from earlier. It should be a real good game.
Ashland 17-2 all time against Belfry. Let that sink in. A lot of posters on here putting the cart before the horse wondering where Belfry will play after they dismantle Ashland and keep telling yourself Ashland is small! Tomcat's 28-20!!!
The last two times these teams met at the CAM they were classic slugfest games. 22-20 Blazer and 7-6 Belfry. I wouldn’t be surprised if the margin for either team was just like these two games.
  • 1(current)
  • Next