Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4A Quarterfinal Wayne County @ Johnson Central 11/22/19
Hound05 Wrote:Hahah well....... I meant on here😉.

I’m starting a petition that if JC goes to state pulp gets to be the DJ at commonwealth.... I mean Kroger. Or as sports DJs in High school call it, “the showwwwww”.

Pulp is cool. I'm just poking at him, but he is annoying on here too. lol
pjdoug Wrote:Pulp is cool. I'm just poking at him, but he is annoying on here too. lol

If I didn't know better I'd think you were talking about me Dougie.

😊
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Obviously JC is going to key in on Sloan the entirety of the game. JC has shown time and time again this season that they are great at swarming to the ball and making fundamental tackles and that doesn't favor a one dimensional team like Wayne who leans on Sloan as much as they do. Also, this is going to be the best team Wayne Co has seen thus far and this is arguably the 4th or 5th best team JC has seen.

Wayne County is good and has proved so this season, but Johnson Central is just on another level this year, much like Boyle County.

So exactly which 3 or 4 teams on Johnson Central's schedule do you have rated above Wayne County?
Walt Longmire Wrote:So exactly which 3 or 4 teams on Johnson Central's schedule do you have rated above Wayne County?

The only three teams that could be in the conversation are Capital, WV., Simon Kenton & Belfry.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
FoSho Wrote:If I didn't know better I'd think you were talking about me Dougie.

😊

annoying is too nice a word for you :Thumbs:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The only three teams that could be in the conversation are Capital, WV., Simon Kenton & Belfry.

I agree.
I think that Wayne County or Belfry will be the best team that JC has faced but Bishop Sycamore was no slouch. They lost to Indy Warren Central by about the same margin as they lost to JC.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I think that Wayne County or Belfry will be the best team that JC has faced but Bishop Sycamore was no slouch. They lost to Indy Warren Central by about the same margin as they lost to JC.

Not by any means were they. They were massive, fast and strong...Just totally undisciplined... But what a collection of athletes.
Bob Seger Wrote:Not by any means were they. They were massive, fast and strong...Just totally undisciplined... But what a collection of athletes.

I was telling someone the exact same thing recently. They have some very fast kids on their team.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The only three teams that could be in the conversation are Capital, WV., Simon Kenton & Belfry.

I watched highlights of the Capital game and was very unimpressed with them.

Simon Kenton is mediocre at best.

Belfry is really good team but are they healthy?
JC too much for Wayne. 45-21
Otis Campbell Wrote:I was telling someone the exact same thing recently. They have some very fast kids on their team.

In some ways they kinda reminded me of some of the Bryan Station teams from say 10-12 years ago.. Loaded with fast and massive D1 signees, but JC scored at will on them. Or perhaps the Central team that JC destroyed.
Bob Seger Wrote:In some ways they kinda reminded me of some of the Bryan Station teams from say 10-12 years ago.. Loaded with fast and massive D1 signees, but JC scored at will on them. Or perhaps the Central team that JC destroyed.

Yeah that’s a good comparison. Matney coached teams at JC are always hard nosed and tough. Gotta give him and his staff credit because they always play good, fundamentally sound football.
Is JC upperclassmen heavy? Or maybe a down year coming next year or soon? I’m just asking because they’ve been in contention or won it every year for the past how many? Eventually it falls off for a year or two. Even trinity has went down a tad? What’s JC got in the pipes coming up
I believe that JOhnson Central has played the best team, so far going ahead and throwing Wayne in there, already. I don't think Wayne is as good as Belfry, but who knows for sure. Did Belfry even play most of their starters? Half the time don't JC and Belfry just have a JV game, sort of, against each other? Tomorrow smells like a blowout. I'm just curious what Sloan can do against a D totally focused on him, and what Wayne might do, if anything, to offset them keying on that kid. Not putting anyone down, I don't think JC has a game, until Boyle. Then they have a game I don't think they can win.
If only the other 11 teams on the schedule would have known Sloan was as good as he was so they could focus on him. Lol!!
Cardfan1 Wrote:If only the other 11 teams on the schedule would have known Sloan was as good as he was so they could focus on him. Lol!!

Your schedule is very weak, I wouldn't put too much stock in that. Just sayin'.

Sloan and his team have a chance to prove themselves in about 24 hours.

Good luck.
Hound05 Wrote:Is JC upperclassmen heavy? Or maybe a down year coming next year or soon? I’m just asking because they’ve been in contention or won it every year for the past how many? Eventually it falls off for a year or two. Even trinity has went down a tad? What’s JC got in the pipes coming up
Johnson Central has a very experienced team at the skill positions this season. Riley Preece is in his fourth season as the starting quarterback, with each of the first three seasons ending in the 4A state championship game. Senior Devin Johnson is JC's leading rusher and senior Seth Dalton is the team's leading receiver. The Golden Eagles will be losing several other outstanding seniors as well.

As others have already said, Riley Preece has got to be one of the most underated players in the state. As a freshman quarterback, he was on the winning end of a 48-0 state title game over Franklin-Simpson. This season, he has completed 74.6% of his passes, averaged 24.1 yards/completion for 17 touchdowns and only 2 interceptions. He has also intercepted 4 passes and returned two of them for touchdowns. Preece is a threat to score anytime that he touches the ball and between quarterbacking, defense, and special teams, he touches the ball a lot. He is the perfect quarterback in Johnson Central's offense.

Johnson Central fans are already aware of everything that Preece has done for the Golden Eagles, but many around the state are not. Preece, Johnson, and the rest of the senior starters will be missed next season.

As for next season being a "down" year, IMO JC has not really had a down year since Coach Matney arrived. Even when they were in the same region as Highlands and Covington Catholic, in most seasons they were very competitive against some of those schools' best teams ever. There were a couple of years when key injuries took their toll, such as Joe Jackson's lost junior season in which JC still made it to the finals, but JC always seems to fill the shoes of its graduating players pretty well.

I really did not expect JC's line and defense to be as good as it has been this season after losing some very experienced linemen last season. As for next year, I expect that JC will probably be facing Wayne County in the quarterfinals again. Beyond that, who knows? It would be great if they could return to the state finals every season but no program is that good.
What are the height and weight of the OL and DL for JC?
I don't care how much any team has scouted JC all season long or how many people have watched them play, you have not seen anything about Johnson Central. When you go thru a whole season unchallenged , racking up probably near double digit gains per carry you don't have to show anything...Who knows what they have in their arsenal that has yet to be seen. And there is nobody better than Matney for not showing his hand. ...So all of you experts that claim to know everything about everything JC, all I can say is......Just wait and see.:yikes:
Bob Seger Wrote:I don't care how much any team has scouted JC or how many people have watched them play, you have not seen anything about Johnson Central. When you go throw a whole season unchallenged , racking up probably near double digit gains per carry you don't have to show anything...Who knows what they have in their arsenal that has yet to be seen. And there is nobody better than Matney for not showing his hand. ...So all of you experts that claim to know everything about everything JC, all I can say is

Good point. That style of offense and sets they run have so many different “tweaks” they can use out of it.
FoSho Wrote:Your schedule is very weak, I wouldn't put too much stock in that. Just sayin'.

Sloan and his team have a chance to prove themselves in about 24 hours.

Good luck.

So is yours.

We were picked third in district this year. It’s been an awesome year with a great player that we have enjoyed.

Your team is picked to win state. It will be embarrassing if it doesn’t happen AGAIN this year.
Bob Seger Wrote:I don't care how much any team has scouted JC all season long or how many people have watched them play, you have not seen anything about Johnson Central. When you go thru a whole season unchallenged , racking up probably near double digit gains per carry you don't have to show anything...Who knows what they have in their arsenal that has yet to be seen. And there is nobody better than Matney for not showing his hand. ...So all of you experts that claim to know everything about everything JC, all I can say is......Just wait and see.:yikes:
Bob, I think that potential future opponents can just assume that Johnson Central is a little shorter, fatter, and slower at every position than Boyle County's players are. That is all that they really need to know. :biggrin:
Hound05 Wrote:Is JC upperclassmen heavy? Or maybe a down year coming next year or soon? I’m just asking because they’ve been in contention or won it every year for the past how many? Eventually it falls off for a year or two. Even trinity has went down a tad? What’s JC got in the pipes coming up

The offense will return 6 starters and the defense will 6 or 7 starters depending on which set you look at. The current sophomore class were undefeated middle school state champions and the freshman class were one loss middle school state champions.
Cardfan1 Wrote:So is yours.

We were picked third in district this year. It’s been an awesome year with a great player that we have enjoyed.

Your team is picked to win state. It will be embarrassing if it doesn’t happen AGAIN this year.

There is so much I could say but I will refrain. Good luck tomorrow night, you're gunna need it.
I can assure you that there are more teams than JC that have tricks up their sleeve.

Good luck to everyone on an injury free game. Safe travels to Cards fans.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Bob, I think that potential future opponents can just assume that Johnson Central is a little shorter, fatter, and slower at every position than Boyle County's players are. That is all that they really need to know. :biggrin:

Once again....a non-Boyle Co fan bringing up Boyle Co in a thread not pertaining to Boyle Co.

Lol
FoSho Wrote:Once again....a non-Boyle Co fan bringing up Boyle Co in a thread not pertaining to Boyle Co.

Lol
I could say once again a Boyle County fan showing up in a thread not involving Boyle County to disparage other teams and their players but that would be an understatement of the facts.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I could say once again a Boyle County fan showing up in a thread not involving Boyle County to disparage other teams and their players but that would be an understatement of the facts.

How have I "disparaged" other teams and fans princess?

I've been very clear on my feelings and none of it is personal.

FACT: Wayne Co hasnt played anyone as good as JC.

FACT: JC has a great line but not as good as Belfrys of years past.

These are the statements that have you in a tizzy?

Someone needs some thicker skin. Lol
FoSho Wrote:How have I "disparaged" other teams and fans princess?

I've been very clear on my feelings and none of it is personal.

FACT: Wayne Co hasnt played anyone as good as JC.

FACT: JC has a great line but not as good as Belfrys of years past.

These are the statements that have you in a tizzy?

Someone needs some thicker skin. Lol
I am not in a tizzy. I am in awe of your unmatched ability to compare Boyle County's best players to all of the other outstanding players around the state and declare them superior to all when you could not have possibly seen more than a few actually play. How you can downplay the accomplishment of a 16 year old breaking a longstanding record held by Shaun Alexander is jaw dropping amazing. :Thumbs: