Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bardstown
44.44%
Desales
55.56%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3A Regional Bardstown @ Desales 11/22
The emotion-fueled Tigers ride in to Paul B. Cox stadium fresh off a 3 1/2 TD annihilation of district foe Elizabethtown, a game in which they reprised a season-long theme of balance with 250 passing yards and 3 TD's, 220 rushing yards and 2 TD's, an INT return for score, and a punt return for score. Bardstown has been accused all year of being "undersized" and inadequate to the task on the line of scrimmage, but their slashing defensive line has spearheaded 3A's second-ranked defense. However, they now face their toughest foe yet in Desales, whom easily dispatched opponents from the toughest 3A district in the state and has been battle-hardened by opposition such as St. X and LexCath, features the state's top pass rush led by sack master Demetri Scott, and an aggressive, disciplined attack typically free from penalties and turnovers. Who wins this renewal of a formerly great 2A district rivalry?
Not seen Desales play. But, if Bardstown can get their speed to the perimeter on offense and limit turnovers. They definitely have a shot.
Glad to have Bardstown coming to Kenwood. Should be a really good game. We've had some solid games in the past back in their 2A days.
First time they've ever had the chance at playing us on a real home field.
Since the stadium opened in 2016, only one team has beaten the Colts on it.

I like Bardstown's balanced attack, for Desales obviously they want to stuff the run, and make the Tigers one dimensional. Bardstown has always had great athletes, so we'll see if the Colts can slow them down.

Safe travels to the Tiger faithful!
It is looking like one thing for sure: Desales is going to make bank on gate Friday night.
You might want to get there early. Parking could be a challenge.
To all Bardstown fans, parents, and friends:

Over the past few years, the DeSales fanbase has grown significantly nastier, and undeniably ruder, and because the visiting team's sideline is directly in front of the DeSales fanbase, and there is no visiting seating, you may very well hear and see things that should not occur at a high school event.

However, there are dozens of security guards, local police, and DeSales staff (including our president, principal, and AD), so if at anytime, you feel like overtly negative verbiage or actions are occurring, please say something. In fact, if you pay close attention, you will notice where the negativity resides, and you may go ahead and ask a fellow DeSales fan to say something on your behalf.

Myself, and numerous other individuals, have given far too much time and money, for anyone to feel unwelcome or offended, while being a visitor to our campus.

Bardstown is a great community, and the history between the two schools should make this an enjoyable event, no matter the outcome for either side, so make sure you feel comfortable on Friday night.
DeSales 49
Bardstown 14
turkeysalad Wrote:To all Bardstown fans, parents, and friends:

Over the past few years, the DeSales fanbase has grown significantly nastier, and undeniably ruder, and because the visiting team's sideline is directly in front of the DeSales fanbase, and there is no visiting seating, you may very well hear and see things that should not occur at a high school event.

However, there are dozens of security guards, local police, and DeSales staff (including our president, principal, and AD), so if at anytime, you feel like overtly negative verbiage or actions are occurring, please say something. In fact, if you pay close attention, you will notice where the negativity resides, and you may go ahead and ask a fellow DeSales fan to say something on your behalf.

Myself, and numerous other individuals, have given far too much time and money, for anyone to feel unwelcome or offended, while being a visitor to our campus.

Bardstown is a great community, and the history between the two schools should make this an enjoyable event, no matter the outcome for either side, so make sure you feel comfortable on Friday night.

Well said you have those in any fan base its a shame that it over shadows 2 teams playing their heart out to move on to the next round :Thumbs:
You know I could have swore when reading my old KHSAA refs hand book the other day- yes while on the “john” hah- it said something to the effect that the visitors sideline if only one side of stands exists had to be on the far side away from the home teams fan base. But not in those exact words.
Back to business, Tigers. Bardstown has not been to a semi state game since 2005 vs. Mayfield, the infamous Kwasi Obeng fake punt robbery.
Lord Grantham Wrote:Back to business, Tigers. Bardstown has not been to a semi state game since 2005 vs. Mayfield, the infamous Kwasi Obeng fake punt robbery.

That was a GOOD Bardstown team; I believe, and my memory could be off, that the Tigers had 7 or 8 shutouts that season.

But, Mayfield is Mayfield; never easy to take out.
DeSales is in trouble if Bardstown is as good as Pikeville fans say they are Confusednicker:
turkeysalad Wrote:That was a GOOD Bardstown team; I believe, and my memory could be off, that the Tigers had 7 or 8 shutouts that season.

But, Mayfield is Mayfield; never easy to take out.

Yeah, they were 13-0, 8 shutouts (including against Danville in the region championship, Danville had been to the state title game the prior year), and had never surrendered more than 14 all season. Mayfield controlled the line of scrimmage in the semistate game.
pjdoug Wrote:DeSales is in trouble if Bardstown is as good as Pikeville fans say they are Confusednicker:

Doug, you and I got off to a bad start on this site, and that was my fault. I have great respect for your team, particularly that QB. In fact, your head coach is the father-in-law of our director of facilities, and when he was at UPike back in 2012 he opened up his facilities to his grandson's all-star team from Bardstown, which included my son, during a rain spell in Prestonsburg at the state Little League tourney. I sat with Dudley in the stands and we heckled the umpires. When we beat Desales Friday and come down to play you all at semistate, feel free to come on over and I promise I won't accuse you of being a troll anymore. I'll even buy you a pork chop sandwich or whatever you grill on Log Mountain.
That was a great game. However, on this topic, I think DeSales should have the edge. I do think this will be a tough game but, I think DeSales is on a mission in 3a this year.
mysonis55 Wrote:That was a great game. However, on this topic, I think DeSales should have the edge. I do think this will be a tough game but, I think DeSales is on a mission in 3a this year.

Everybody is on a mission. Bardstown has been envisioning this year since the seniors were 6 years old.
I see the DeSales D-line causing all kinds of problems for Bardstown. I think the Colts win by a couple of touchdowns.
Lord Grantham Wrote:Doug, you and I got off to a bad start on this site, and that was my fault. I have great respect for your team, particularly that QB. In fact, your head coach is the father-in-law of our director of facilities, and when he was at UPike back in 2012 he opened up his facilities to his grandson's all-star team from Bardstown, which included my son, during a rain spell in Prestonsburg at the state Little League tourney. I sat with Dudley in the stands and we heckled the umpires. When we beat Desales Friday and come down to play you all at semistate, feel free to come on over and I promise I won't accuse you of being a troll anymore. I'll even buy you a pork chop sandwich or whatever you grill on Log Mountain.

Don't let him fool you. He's a Whitley County fan.
ColtPride Wrote:Don't let him fool you. He's a Whitley County fan.

I've always said I'm a Colonel until the end. I also know Dudley is as good as it gets. The man is a mastermind. Like him or not. I also have a lot of family in Bell County and kin folk on their team.
ColtPride Wrote:I see the DeSales D-line causing all kinds of problems for Bardstown. I think the Colts win by a couple of touchdowns.
Our OL not real big but they’re tough, aggressive, and nasty. From what I’ve seen on the Colt secondary, all we need is a 3 or 4 count.
Lord Grantham Wrote:Our OL not real big but they’re tough, aggressive, and nasty. From what I’ve seen on the Colt secondary, all we need is a 3 or 4 count.

That's what CAL thought too. Secondary gave up some plays, but made plays too.

I like Bardstown, I just don't see them beating the Colts at home.

I see this kinda like the PT game. They had athletes all over the field too, but DeSales just had to much brute strength up front on both sides. The Colts are physical, and usually pretty disciplined.
ColtPride Wrote:That's what CAL thought too. Secondary gave up some plays, but made plays too.

I see this kinda like the PT game. They had athletes all over the field too, but DeSales just had to much brute strength up front on both sides. The Colts are physical, and usually pretty disciplined.

That's what we've heard all year from everyone we've played, "Bardstown's got great athletes, but their line is undersized." Never once have we had to run a 4 man down line defensive set. The ends occupy 2 blockers, block them with one and they are in the backfield. LB's basically run free to make plays. We've faced 300 lb. lineman 7 across, D1 recruits, etc. and its all the same. The comparison to PT, with all due respect, is laughable. PT doesn't, and didn't throw the ball. We do.
ColtPride Wrote:That's what CAL thought too. Secondary gave up some plays, but made plays too.

That last line sounds like Bell County Smile
Lord Grantham Wrote:That's what we've heard all year from everyone we've played, "Bardstown's got great athletes, but their line is undersized." Never once have we had to run a 4 man down line defensive set. The ends occupy 2 blockers, block them with one and they are in the backfield. LB's basically run free to make plays. We've faced 300 lb. lineman 7 across, D1 recruits, etc. and its all the same. The comparison to PT, with all due respect, is laughable. PT doesn't, and didn't throw the ball. We do.

Well with all due respect, Bardstown has only beaten one team that has a winning record, and that team beat you earlier in the season.

Your team HAS not faced a d-line like they are going to see Friday night.

Just like you like your Tigers, I like my Colts. We've played better competition, we've been here before, and it's at home.
ColtPride Wrote:Well with all due respect, Bardstown has only beaten one team that has a winning record, and that team beat you earlier in the season.

Your team HAS not faced a d-line like they are going to see Friday night.

Just like you like your Tigers, I like my Colts. We've played better competition, we've been here before, and it's at home.

No doubt you are the favorites.
I think desales has refocused after a little “rough patch” in the late-middle of the season. They should win this one if they show up and play loke they did last week.
Hound05 Wrote:You know I could have swore when reading my old KHSAA refs hand book the other day- yes while on the “john” hah- it said something to the effect that the visitors sideline if only one side of stands exists had to be on the far side away from the home teams fan base. But not in those exact words.

Not thread jacking - just commenting. Until Vipperman Stadium closed, Belfry took the visitor's sideline for a number of years. I think for two reasons. 1, it was loud on the home side, and 2, it was quite a site to look at for a high school game. Vipperman has only one large home side. I never heard of any harassment of the other team, but you never know. Maybe the rules changed after they moved to the CAM.
Lord Grantham Wrote:Doug, you and I got off to a bad start on this site, and that was my fault. I have great respect for your team, particularly that QB. In fact, your head coach is the father-in-law of our director of facilities, and when he was at UPike back in 2012 he opened up his facilities to his grandson's all-star team from Bardstown, which included my son, during a rain spell in Prestonsburg at the state Little League tourney. I sat with Dudley in the stands and we heckled the umpires. When we beat Desales Friday and come down to play you all at semistate, feel free to come on over and I promise I won't accuse you of being a troll anymore. I'll even buy you a pork chop sandwich or whatever you grill on Log Mountain.
You're cool. I like to talk trash and mean no harm. if I feel like it I might see you at a game sometime.
Hurricane Storm Wrote:Not thread jacking - just commenting. Until Vipperman Stadium closed, Belfry took the visitor's sideline for a number of years. I think for two reasons. 1, it was loud on the home side, and 2, it was quite a site to look at for a high school game. Vipperman has only one large home side. I never heard of any harassment of the other team, but you never know. Maybe the rules changed after they moved to the CAM.
No you’re probably right, it just seems like I remember that when reading the hand book I still get every year for some reason haha. I was just curious to be honest.
Still gotta wonder what caused the wheels to fall off against Meade County. And Meade County had just 89 yards rushing in the game.