Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many teams are having a hard time getting there practice in due to the heat!!!
Just wondering how many are having a hard time with the heat index well over 104. I just wonder what some schools are doing to make up for any of there lost time in pads..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
I think a lot of teams are going at 7 or 8 when it cools down a bit.
HazzBeen Wrote:I think a lot of teams are going at 7 or 8 when it cools down a bit.

Well we were but now that school has started back its hard to do that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
It has worked well for LCC I know even with school.
Pike Central had to postpone practice yesterday until 8 due to the heat index. I think up on the hill they recorded it at like 113 which is insane. They are now going at 6:30
i think hazard is going at 6:00 in the evening and during school they get a little lifting in
Tuesday, Somerset was in Helmets in the gym practicing and today went from 6-8... Might have to push it back again tomorrow depends on the heat.
Tuesday we went into the gym to run and to walk through some plays. than about 6 when the heat index was down and went back out in full pads and had a good practice. today we waited til 6 to start practice and had today I dont think the heat had an affect on us.
Sc is having a harder time. They are waiting til 7 to practice.
Bath co. is practicing from 7-9, even tomorrow when school starts. The players really don't mind because it's cooler outside and I'm sure the parents don't care either because who wants their kids suffering from heat exhaustion?
I'm glad to hear all these teams are holding their practices in the late evening. It's good to see that the coaches are putting the health of their players as the top priority.

To all those players on here, keep cool and STAY HYDRATED!!!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Estill Is Practicing At 8
Russell has been going late.. plus we dont have school yet!! thank god
ashland has beed goin from 730 to 900
south floyd been practicing 7-9
yeah. im pretty sure estill has had to schedule later practices as well.
this heat is insane!
Jenkins practices at 4 everyday, they have been many days the heat has been right at 104 and never let up. the only practice delay they had the heat index was 112. but they went and watch film til it got back to 104. them boys are workin hard. but the heat is insane, i pour the sweat jus watchin them