Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle Co. Rebels
46.51%
Johnson Central Golden Eagles
53.49%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co. vs. Johnson Central (Class 4A State Championship)
Westside Wrote:Once again you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

A human gnat comes to mind.
BobcatForever Wrote:Did Boyle's QB leave game with an injury last night?

No Central’s QB left the game with an injury.
BoltCoach9 Wrote:Yeah, we get it....no one in KY can compete with Boyle. We may lose, but I GUARANTEE you Johnson Central isn't going to show up and cower in the shadows of all those D1 prospects. You can take that one to the bank!!!

These are all opinions. Relax. Nothing posted on here so far is personal.
Bob Seger Wrote:No disrespect to Boyle Co., but this is hardly the first time that Johnson Central has faced really good teams in the playoffs, and probably some that were better. They went almost a whole decade going against the great Highland (ranked #2 nationally) and CovCath teams. Won some of them and lost some of them, but they always showed up to play and each opponenrt always knew they had been in a game. For several years and for all intents and purposes the actual state championship game was played when they went up against each other.

Everything that happened on a football field that didn't include THESE KIDS is totally irrelevant.

Only coaching and current players have anything to say about the outcome. I hope for a fun and injury free game.
Bob Seger Wrote:A human gnat comes to mind.

What exactly did I do? Please be specific. TIA
I’ve meant no disrespect to JC’s program with any of my posts just giving my honest opinion, and I know they won’t be intimidated by Boyle in anyway and will leave it all on the field Saturday just want to set the record straight before someone gets offended.
Bob Seger Wrote:He had 153 yards on 32 carries....Not exactly like he steamrolled.

According to KHSAA Hightower had 184 yds on 31 carries.
FoSho Wrote:What exactly did I do? Please be specific. TIA

Just being your everyday obnoxious and over bearing self that just will not shut up for any reason, is what quickly comes to mind.

My money is on that you'll not be able to stay on here for an entire week before this game even gets played. Were you born in ASH-land and then moved to Danville?

Sheesh man, you are NOT the all knowing expert on EVERYTHING.

:Shaking::Shaking::Shaking:
Jack Lambert Wrote:According to KHSAA Hightower had 184 yds on 31 carries.

Just going by the write up on the game by one of the papers, The Ashland Daily Independent. That's the only thing that I've seen.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I’ve meant no disrespect to JC’s program with any of my posts just giving my honest opinion, and I know they won’t be intimidated by Boyle in anyway and will leave it all on the field Saturday just want to set the record straight before someone gets offended.

Not offended at all, you pointed out what I was getting at. I appreciate what you said.
Bob Seger Wrote:No disrespect to Boyle Co., but this is hardly the first time that Johnson Central has faced really good teams in the playoffs, and probably some that were better. They went almost a whole decade going against the great Highland (ranked #2 nationally) and CovCath teams. Won some of them and lost some of them, but they always showed up to play and each opponenrt always knew they had been in a game. For several years and for all intents and purposes the actual state championship game was played when they went up against each other.

I remember those years. Boyle played them in back to back seasons then. :Thumbs:
Jack Lambert Wrote:According to KHSAA Hightower had 184 yds on 31 carries.
Hightower averaged just under 6 yards per carry, with no touchdowns, and JC averaged over 10 yards per carry as a team. In the meantime, JC pressured MNH's quarterback all night long and had 4 sacks and 4 interceptions.

Side note: For the season, Johnson Central is averaging a full 2 yards more per carry than Boyle County. For an offensive line that is supposedly every bit as good as Johnson Central's and a team that has a huge speed advantage, those facts are hard to reconcile, are they not? Two yards per carry is nothing to sneeze at.

Based on my limited observation of Boyle Country's quarterback and on the fact that he had rushed for -25 yards coming into last night's game with Central, I also believe that Riley Preece's superior mobility will be a big factor next week. Preece has rushed for 610 yards (9 ypc) on the season. Preece is one of the most underrated players in the state, IMO.

Johnson Central will not be trying to run the clock and shorten the game next week, they will be aggressively trying to score with one of the state's most explosive offenses.
Bob Seger Wrote:Not offended at all, you pointed out what I was getting at. I appreciate what you said.

Just wanted everyone to know that I have all the respect in world for Johnson Central.
Hatz Wrote:I remember those years. Boyle played them in back to back seasons then. :Thumbs:

I think that was 2-3 years before Central became a legit contender Hatz. They were on the verge of just starting to come into their own under Matney in that 2 game series. I remember Boyle handling them quite handily in the game played at Boyle.
FoSho Wrote:I know what you are. And I know you don't act like it. This isn't the first time you've trolled me for no reason. At least be man enough to admit it.

I hate to get off topic here. FoSho, the Boyle County fan base brings things on themselves, and you are the worst of the bunch. You all always have an excuse for a close game. Last year it was a wet field and injuries. This year it's that you all decided to keep the offense vanilla. Why not just say that the other team was good? why always throw in an excuse. You all have a great team but could use a dose of humility. Fosho, as for you, you are constantly trolling other members, but if anyone posts something about you, you whine and complain. It's pathetic.

As for this game, I have no idea how it is going to go. Both are great teams in their own right and both have completely different styles. I think Boyle County may be the favorite, according to members of this site, but I like Johnson Central's chances. I will say this though, if Boyle County does indeed win, you won't get a bunch of excuses from the Johnson Central fan base.
[quote=Hoot Gibson]Hightower averaged just under 6 yards per carry, with no touchdowns, and JC averaged over 10 yards per carry as a team. In the meantime, JC pressured MNH's quarterback all night long and had 4 sacks and 4 interceptions.

Side note: For the season, Johnson Central is averaging a full 2 yards more per carry than Boyle County. For an offensive line that is supposedly every bit as good as Johnson Central's and a team that has a huge speed advantage, those facts are hard to reconcile, are they not? Two yards per carry is nothing to sneeze at.

Based on my limited observation of Boyle Country's quarterback and on the fact that he had rushed for -25 yards coming into last night's game with Central, I also believe that Riley Preece's superior mobility will be a big factor next week. Preece has rushed for 610 yards (9 ypc) on the season. Preece is one of the most underrated players in the state, IMO.

Johnson Central will not be trying to run the clock and shorten the game next week, they will be aggressively trying to score with one of the state's most explosive offenses.

Very interesting info. Can you also include the passing and receiving numbers for both teams? One team is run heavy and one team is pass heavy so it’s hard to only compare the running game.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Hightower averaged just under 6 yards per carry, with no touchdowns, and JC averaged over 10 yards per carry as a team. In the meantime, JC pressured MNH's quarterback all night long and had 4 sacks and 4 interceptions.

Doesn’t surprise me at all that JC averages two yds per carry more than Boyle, that’s what JC does is run the ball, you do realize Boyle’s QB has around 3000 yds passing with I believe 40 TD passes on the season Boyle’s offense isn’t built for the QB to run ball they have a balanced offense, and if you’re comparing Boyle’s offense to MNH you’re in for a rude awakening.
Westside Wrote:I hate to get off topic here. FoSho, the Boyle County fan base brings things on themselves, and you are the worst of the bunch. You all always have an excuse for a close game. Last year it was a wet field and injuries. This year it's that you all decided to keep the offense vanilla. Why not just say that the other team was good? why always throw in an excuse. You all have a great team but could use a dose of humility. Fosho, as for you, you are constantly trolling other members, but if anyone posts something about you, you whine and complain. It's pathetic.

As for this game, I have no idea how it is going to go. Both are great teams in their own right and both have completely different styles. I think Boyle County may be the favorite, according to members of this site, but I like Johnson Central's chances. I will say this though, if Boyle County does indeed win, you won't get a bunch of excuses from the Johnson Central fan base.

You got no excuses from me last year, Boyle got their tales whipped in the trenches on both sides of the ball and that’s why Corbin won the game.
Westside Wrote:I hate to get off topic here. FoSho, the Boyle County fan base brings things on themselves, and you are the worst of the bunch. You all always have an excuse for a close game. Last year it was a wet field and injuries. This year it's that you all decided to keep the offense vanilla. Why not just say that the other team was good? why always throw in an excuse. You all have a great team but could use a dose of humility. Fosho, as for you, you are constantly trolling other members, but if anyone posts something about you, you whine and complain. It's pathetic.

The Boyle County Fanbase? As opposed to the others on here? :please:
blackandgold4life Wrote:[quote=Hoot Gibson]Hightower averaged just under 6 yards per carry, with no touchdowns, and JC averaged over 10 yards per carry as a team. In the meantime, JC pressured MNH's quarterback all night long and had 4 sacks and 4 interceptions.

Very interesting info. Can you also include the passing and receiving numbers for both teams? One team is run heavy and one team is pass heavy so it’s hard to only compare the running game.

Boyle has has 221 pass attempts and 327 rushing attempts on the season.
blackandgold4life Wrote:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Hightower averaged just under 6 yards per carry, with no touchdowns, and JC averaged over 10 yards per carry as a team. In the meantime, JC pressured MNH's quarterback all night long and had 4 sacks and 4 interceptions.

You can view all of the season stats by going to the KHSAA scoreboard and clicking on the link labeled "Latest Game Stats Report Summary," which is located just under the roster link. (You will have to divide the yards gained by number of attempts to get the average gain numbers - the percentages are not included in the stats.)

As for comparing stats, IMO, a good team that runs or passes less than another good team will generally gain more on a per-play basis. For example, Johnson Central completes the same percentage of its pass attempts (74 percent) as Boyle County, but it passes far less often and averages 24 yards per reception. BC averages 18.4 yards per completion but has far more passing yards for the season.

Johnson Central's opponents know that the Golden Eagles are going to run the ball until they are stopped or until there are so many players in the box that the temptation to throw down field is just too great to pass up. The fact that JC still manages to average 9 yards per carry is pretty amazing.

Opponents will either stop JC's running game and force a few punts, or the Golden Eagles will run the ball down their throats the entire game, punishing the linebackers along the way.

Coach Matney subscribes to the Woody Hayes theory that three things can happen when you pass and two of them are bad - but Coach Hayes never had a rushing attack at Ohio State that averaged 9 yards a carry.
Bob Seger Wrote:Just being your everyday obnoxious and over bearing self that just will not shut up for any reason, is what quickly comes to mind.

My money is on that you'll not be able to stay on here for an entire week before this game even gets played. Were you born in ASH-land and then moved to Danville?

Sheesh man, you are NOT the all knowing expert on EVERYTHING.

:Shaking::Shaking::Shaking:

What exactly did I do in this thread to warrant this post?

I haven't even hardly given any input on the game at all. Lol

I have never in my life seen a group of people so ridiculously thin skinned.

I wish both teams safety.

I'm out. Go Rebels!!!
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You can view all of the season stats by going to the KHSAA scoreboard and clicking on the link labeled "Latest Game Stats Report Summary," which is located just under the roster link. (You will have to divide the yards gained by number of attempts to get the average gain numbers - the percentages are not included in the stats.)

As for comparing stats, IMO, a good team that runs or passes less than another good team will generally gain more on a per-play basis. For example, Johnson Central completes the same percentage of its pass attempts (74 percent) as Boyle County, but it passes far less often and averages 24 yards per reception. BC averages 18.4 yards per completion but has far more passing yards for the season.

Johnson Central's opponents know that the Golden Eagles are going to run the ball until they are stopped or until there are so many players in the box that the temptation to throw down field is just too great to pass up. The fact that JC still manages to average 9 yards per carry is pretty amazing.

Opponents will either stop JC's running game and force a few punts, or the Golden Eagles will run the ball down their throats the entire game, punishing the linebackers along the way.

Coach Matney subscribes to the Woody Hayes theory that three things can happen when you pass and two of them are bad - but Coach Hayes never had a rushing attack at Ohio State that averaged 9 yards a carry.
That's purt near averaging a first down every time the ball is carried.
Bob Seger Wrote:He had 153 yards on 32 carries....Not exactly like he steamrolled.

Those were the official stats. Ironic how their reported made him eclipse the 3k mark and set a school record on the season. If he was on my team I’d do it too, good player and any publicity I could bring to one of my own I’d do it. Safe to say that he had 80 yards on 3 carries, the rest of the night he was a church mouse. Two 4th and long conversions and a blown INT call gave them their first points and the second was just a nice pitch and catch to a WR that caught a DB late in opening up.
Boyle Co. 42
Johnson Central 16
Jack Lambert Wrote:Doesn’t surprise me at all that JC averages two yds per carry more than Boyle, that’s what JC does is run the ball, you do realize Boyle’s QB has around 3000 yds passing with I believe 40 TD passes on the season Boyle’s offense isn’t built for the QB to run ball they have a balanced offense, and if you’re comparing Boyle’s offense to MNH you’re in for a rude awakening.
If you are comparing Johnson Central's offense to any other team on Boyle County's schedule, then it is you who are in for a rude awakening. IMO, Boyle County was not very impressive in its game against an inexperienced Central team. I assume that they will play better next week but if they don't, then it will not be a pleasant experience for them.

As for the BC quarterback, he obviously has a strong and accurate arm and a stable of talented receivers. However, he just did not look very mobile against Central, which is why I looked up his rushing yardage. I thought he might have some nagging injury slowing him down. For a high school QB on an elite team that played a fairly weak schedule (as did JC), I really did not expect to find that he had negative rushing yardage on the season. I think that it is a safe bet that JC will do all they can to chase Lanter out of the pocket and if they succeed, then I don't expect him to scramble very far.

I would expect that a balanced attack would result in a better average per attempt (whether by ground or by air) than a more one dimensional offense would, particularly if the quality of line play was equal. My point is - JC has one of the elite offensive lines in the state, which has been true in most years of the Matney era - and I believe that is a major factor contributing to their gaudy rushing numbers. That, and the fact that Johnson Central's offense fits Riley Preece like a glove.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If you are comparing Johnson Central's offense to any other team on Boyle County's schedule, then it is you who are in for a rude awakening. IMO, Boyle County was not very impressive in its game against an inexperienced Central team. I assume that they will play better next week but if they don't, then it will not be a pleasant experience for them.

As for the BC quarterback, he obviously has a strong and accurate arm and a stable of talented receivers. However, he just did not look very mobile against Central, which is why I looked up his rushing yardage. I thought he might have some nagging injury slowing him down. For a high school QB on an elite team that played a fairly weak schedule (as did JC), I really did not expect to find that he had negative rushing yardage on the season. I think that it is a safe bet that JC will do all they can to chase Lanter out of the pocket and if they succeed, then I don't expect him to scramble very far.

I would expect that a balanced attack would result in a better average per attempt (whether by ground or by air) than a more one dimensional offense would, particularly if the quality of line play was equal. My point is - JC has one of the elite offensive lines in the state, which has been true in most years of the Matney era - and I believe that is a major factor contributing to their gaudy rushing numbers. That, and the fact that Johnson Central's offense fits Riley Preece like a glove.

You were the one comparing offenses not me.��

Do I have to point out the negative rushing yds comes from sacks on the season.��
Emmit Brown Wrote:Those were the official stats. Ironic how their reported made him eclipse the 3k mark and set a school record on the season. If he was on my team I’d do it too, good player and any publicity I could bring to one of my own I’d do it. Safe to say that he had 80 yards on 3 carries, the rest of the night he was a church mouse. Two 4th and long conversions and a blown INT call gave them their first points and the second was just a nice pitch and catch to a WR that caught a DB late in opening up.

KHSAA says 184 yds on 31 carries, look it up yourself.
FoSho Wrote:What exactly did I do in this thread to warrant this post?

I haven't even hardly given any input on the game at all. Lol

I have never in my life seen a group of people so ridiculously thin skinned.

I wish both teams safety.

I'm out. Go Rebels!!!

FoSho, I like reading your post, like it or hate it, you usually hit the nail on the head and where you stand up for something, it gets under peoples skin I guess. I appreciate your passion for your team. Good luck to Both teams this weekend, you both earned it. The best two teams this year playing for the State title. Boyle 35-21. Ill be there Saturday to watch.
FoSho Wrote:I have never in my life seen a group of people so ridiculously thin skinned.

No offense, but you calling someone else “thin skinned” is hysterically ironic.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next