Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South an north laurel not playing this year
Heard from som parents they ain’t playin this yr cause of south coach and gettin caught recruitin
They’re scheduled to play on January 6th and again on February 6th. You can’t believe all the things you hear people say.
Well just sayin what parent from south says about it
said south coach wouldt play caus turn in by north for recruitment of girls and one ruled enigible for south
This is going to get good. South was at N Laurels game when they played a few nights ago. Surely they play the big rival games as these are the two best in the 13th again
Nope
They aint playin this year
I believe you all have the story all wrong. They aren't playing but that isn't the reason.
Ontherun Wrote:I believe you all have the story all wrong. They aren't playing but that isn't the reason.

Reson I was told was south coach wasnot playin cause mad over bein turnd in for recruitin and girl was eneligible
Sound scared too me
Ontherun Wrote:I believe you all have the story all wrong. They aren't playing but that isn't the reason.

Plese fill us in then
North coach, Ad and principal did file a complaint and caused the girl to be ineligible which puts too much tension between the two programs. Pretty petty to file a complaint on a young lady that no choice but to move. It appears North was the ones scared and have only hurt the girl. No recruiting occurred whatsoever. Funny how she was eligible to play another sport the entire season and no one cared until right at basketball season. It is a disgrace to have adults who are so afraid they can't win a game that they cause a child harm.
Ontherun Wrote:North coach, Ad and principal did file a complaint and caused the girl to be ineligible which puts too much tension between the two programs. Pretty petty to file a complaint on a young lady that no choice but to move. It appears North was the ones scared and have only hurt the girl. No recruiting occurred whatsoever. Funny how she was eligible to play another sport the entire season and no one cared until right at basketball season. It is a disgrace to have adults who are so afraid they can't win a game that they cause a child harm.

Well herd diffrent story but if khsaa rules her eneligible then must be something too it
Herd she lived in somerset and not in london
Maybe if adults didnt cheat than wuldnt mater
Don’t just blame the school that reported the athlete but the school that the school that recruited the player. If a school recruits a player or even if a kid just decides to go to the another school you have you realize your taking a chance on being ruled ineligible. Coaches that recruit players need to make sure they tell these kids “look there’s a chance you can be ineligible”.... if your going to play this recruiting game and make that what your program is all about (clearly that’s the road south laurel is heading down) then you have to understand that some kids are going to be ineligible.
In the last last, south laurel has went from a program with 20+ London kids to a varsity team with 7 or 8. South Laurel has choose to turn the program into one built of bringing players in, so now they’re going to have to take the bad with the good. (The bad being, people are going to report you and some kids are going to get ruled ineligible) that’s the game they’re playing now so take it.
2face Wrote:Well herd diffrent story but if khsaa rules her eneligible then must be something too it
Herd she lived in somerset and not in london
Maybe if adults didnt cheat than wuldnt mater
I guess since you herd it then it is fact. I assure you she moved and not because she was recruited. Adults should also not harass minors by following them around and almost causing accidents. Do you not find it odd that the KHSAA ruled her eligible and she played volleyball all season. Maybe someone filed a false complaint filled with inaccuracies? Only person that is hurt in the situation is the young lady and I say that is a shame.
CA3 Wrote:Don’t just blame the school that reported the athlete but the school that the school that recruited the player. If a school recruits a player or even if a kid just decides to go to the another school you have you realize your taking a chance on being ruled ineligible. Coaches that recruit players need to make sure they tell these kids “look there’s a chance you can be ineligible”.... if your going to play this recruiting game and make that what your program is all about (clearly that’s the road south laurel is heading down) then you have to understand that some kids are going to be ineligible.

Was not recruited and she was ruled eligible. The facts in the claim filed by North are completely inaccurate and filled with lies. Three guys should lose their jobs and I promise those three do not work at South.
Ontherun Wrote:I guess since you herd it then it is fact. I assure you she moved and not because she was recruited. Adults should also not harass minors by following them around and almost causing accidents. Do you not find it odd that the KHSAA ruled her eligible and she played volleyball all season. Maybe someone filed a false complaint filled with inaccuracies? Only person that is hurt in the situation is the young lady and I say that is a shame.

Wel they say she was folowed to somerset to her huose and not in london caus she didn live their
2face Wrote:Wel they say she was folowed to somerset to her huose and not in london caus she didn live their

They say a lot of things but how can someone be followed to their house if they don't have one. Do you always go just to your house? Never to anyone elses? I didn't know it was okay to be out following a minor around anyway. Sounds like her parents could have a good lawsuit against the school system.
Is it true her address in London was a vacant lot? Sounds like false information from the parents to a school system? What about the drivers license address that got renewed? Just questions coming from a few I know in Somerset.
Y’all know what’s funny? She’s going to be eligible before the district and region tournament (She will set out her one year) and them grown men that wear blue and green can’t do anything about it! So you all sit back and laugh but I assure you South, (bare no injury) will have the last laugh and maybe cost some people their jobs. For everyone that says South recruits that’s laughable, the Collins kid doesn’t live in Laurel and she was at Jackson but I guess she just decided to up and move right? Hubbard wasn’t a Laurel County kid either, North has done their fair share of recruiting as well.
Collins is from Jackson County but a middle school kid can enroll and play anywhere they desire. I think her mom works in London so I suppose she decided to take her with her as she goes to work.
She’s a great player with a D-1 future. Sure wish she was at Owsley. She only lives 20 minutes from that school. Anyone would want that kid in their program.
If they don’t play during the regular season, some folks, no matter which side of town they support, should have some explaining to do. North and South should always play home-and-home in basketball (they always have), baseball (they do), volleyball (they do), softball (don’t anymore, a complete joke), soccer and any other sport you want to name. It’s the best gate of the year for the schools, no transportation costs, usually competitive. I don’t care who is mad at who, folks need to suck it up and the games should be played.
Van Hagar Wrote:If they don’t play during the regular season, some folks, no matter which side of town they support, should have some explaining to do. North and South should always play home-and-home in basketball (they always have), baseball (they do), volleyball (they do), softball (don’t anymore, a complete joke), soccer and any other sport you want to name. It’s the best gate of the year for the schools, no transportation costs, usually competitive. I don’t care who is mad at who, folks need to suck it up and the games should be played.

Best post I’ve read today.
insideinfo Wrote:Best post I’ve read today.

I do not disagree that they should play every year however due to the way this thing has came about they should not play this season. Too many lies told, too many upset parents along with a school board and superintendent that are unwilling to do the right thing and protect a young lady who did absolutely nothing wrong. She is the only one that suffers from the whole ordeal. If I were her parents it would be very ugly. Way too much tension to take the risk. I would say Laurel County is looking at being slapped with a nice lawsuit as is.
insideinfo Wrote:Best post I’ve read today.

I do not disagree that they should play every year however due to the way this thing has came about they should not play this season. Too many lies told, too many upset parents along with a school board and superintendent that are unwilling to do the right thing and protect a young lady who did absolutely nothing wrong. She is the only one that suffers from the whole ordeal. If I were her parents it would be very ugly. Way too much tension to take the risk. I would say Laurel County is looking at being slapped with a nice lawsuit as is.
Ontherun Wrote:I do not disagree that they should play every year however due to the way this thing has came about they should not play this season. Too many lies told, too many upset parents along with a school board and superintendent that are unwilling to do the right thing and protect a young lady who did absolutely nothing wrong. She is the only one that suffers from the whole ordeal. If I were her parents it would be very ugly. Way too much tension to take the risk. I would say Laurel County is looking at being slapped with a nice lawsuit as is.

You can say that again.
Lawsuit......LMAO sometimes players get caught. Then parents want to sue. Funny. Actually move and then no questions ask. Sure plenty don’t and lie. But when caught pay the price.
Flicka Wrote:Lawsuit......LMAO sometimes players get caught. Then parents want to sue. Funny. Actually move and then no questions ask. Sure plenty don’t and lie. But when caught pay the price.

Trust me I know plenty about what occurred and not only do they grounds for a lawsuit but some folks did some things that are illegal when dealing with a minor. Not only could they lose their jobs but also be held accountable by law. I'm not talking about accountability to the KHSAA but held accountable by our judiciary system. Some things you can't do just because you are an A.D. and think your poo poo doesn't stink. Like I said before adults are petty and ignorant, only one been penalized so far is a young girl who did nothing wrong. I would name names since I believe they deserve to be called out but this forum isn't the place so just waiting to see if the system works to protect the student like it should. If not we will see if local lawn enforcement has any balls and will do their jobs. This has went beyond the KHSAA and the school system.
You london people are dum, specially south and girl parent
sueing over gettin caugt cheatin

first south has coach charged with sex with players and nuthin yet and new coach recruit his aau players
no wonder peple hate south london hs
2face Wrote:You london people are dum, specially south and girl parent

first south has coach charged with sex with players and nuthin yet and new coach recruit his aau players

Well you proved you are clueless. He never coached her in AAU. I never said they were suijg, I said that they had a good lawsuit if they wanted too and I never once said it was over her being ineligible or anyone cheating.
2face Wrote:You london people are dum, specially south and girl parent

You sound like the dumb one to me. Never anything about them suing due to being caught cheating. He also never coached her AAU but Mahan probably told you he did so it has to be true.
Parents never moved, mom works on the far west end of Pulaski county, sister still goes to Somerset, older sister graduated from there. she didn't play for south coach at premier BUT she did play premier, he coached diff age.. She should never had been allowed to play vb.. KHSAA should start enforcing rules.. if want to transfer move don't lie about it, its as simple as that. I have no dog in this fight......just really tired of the transfer crap....no excuse EVER that north and South shouldn't play.....that's just stupid management if board lets them not play each other... taking money from their own mouths.