Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new Big Sandy Freshman Conference
I was talking with Coach Matney and he said that the Eagles will be competing in a new freshman conference which is made up of Belfry, Shelby Valley, Pikeville, Sheldon Clark, East Ridge and JC (I think thats all of them). A conference champion will be crowned at the end of each season. I think this is huge for the younger kids.... It gives them a goal to work toward.

Your thoughts?????
Pikeville will be playing it's 8th graders on this team as well. It will give good experience to both groups. Since they will be playing together in the future it will give them another year playing together. I just hope there won't be a lot of cancellations with this thing but I love the idea.
LCC is also in it.
Belfry
Shelby Valley
Pikeville
Sheldon Clark
East Ridge
Johnson Central
Letcher Central

Looks like a quality conference!!!
Shelby Valley isn't in this conference.
I think this is a good idea, it gives the 8th graders from last year to get another shot at the championship Pikeville, Belfry, SC, LC, and ER should be good im not sure how JC did last year and I dont think SV had a freshman team.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Belfry
Shelby Valley
Pikeville
Sheldon Clark
East Ridge
Johnson Central
Letcher Central

Looks like a quality conference!!!
It is a great idea! This league was developed in basketball about 5 years ago and has been a huge success!
I think it will work out great!!!
I am glad they finally decided to go to this...It's just not a fun for the freshman because they hardly ever get to play and when they do nobody ever keeps up with wins because they think it doesnt matter since it is freshman...Like bball fan said, the basketball league has been a great success and I think I would go out on a limb here and say that this league will be too...I've been waiting on this for a while now and am really excited to see this league be developed.
Letcher Central, where is that at?
EkyLb Wrote:Letcher Central, where is that at?
LCC is in Whitesburg. It is the consolidated school made up of Whitesburg HS, Letcher Co. HS, and Fleming Neon HS. Two of their coaches are Hillard and Ben Howard.