Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 57 Clay County 43
Final
Solid win for the bulldogs.(right after Beverly transferred to perry)
I could be wrong but clay looked like they played just a tad selfish tonight, not that they would have won anyway cause Hazard played a great game. Congrats Bulldogs!
Clay County ran into a buzzsaw tonight with Hazard. What a game by the bulldogs, great basketball !
I really thought Clay would win Big Al had a better game plan and Clay never responded. Congrats to Big Al and the Bulldogs
Clay has as much talent as anyone in the mountains and Langdon is a hell of an inside player need to try and get the ball inside more and the shots outside will open up their guards need to try and penetrate and dish instead of settling for the outside shot just my opinion
I didn’t think this was the game to bring Robinson off the bench even if he hit a couple baskets; Clay was down at that point. The real end to the game came when the score was 37-31 and Clay had the ball 3, maybe 4 times, and didn’t convert any of those trips. Hazard executed their game plan perfectly. The Bulldogs are an odd matchup for Clay County. They have mobile bigs to work around Langdon and get just enough from their role players to be dangerous. I don’t always agree with the mantra but I believe this somehow helps the Tigers. They started last season red hot and then things sort of came apart. A loss here or there (not too many) can be useful come tournament time; then you just want to win.
Hazard played a great game! Congrats!
Hazard was the best team in this tournament.

They played hard, fast and followed their game plan.

Congrats to Hazard
Hazard and Al are the best team in the 14th hands down. After watching most of the teams in the 14th, I personally look for Hazard and Cordia to meet for the sweet 16th spot. Knott County Central and Perry could upset one of these but on a neutral floor, Cordia and Hazard are very solid. Hazard defeating Clay like they did was great coaching and the players bought into what Al wanted. Clay was not prepared and Al out coached Clay from the start of the game. I had Clay picked but if Al can get a lead , he will spread the floor and dictate the tempo of the game. Clay is a fun team to watch and Clay learned from this one.
Hazard is the best team in the 14th. I think losing Beverly will hurt this team down the stretch as he gives them more ball handling at the guard position and more depth. With this said, Hazard is well coached and have a seasoned team that share the ball well. I enjoy watching this group of young men play.
Da Truth Wrote:Hazard is the best team in the 14th. I think losing Beverly will hurt this team down the stretch as he gives them more ball handling at the guard position and more depth. With this said, Hazard is well coached and have a seasoned team that share the ball well. I enjoy watching this group of young men play.

I disagree. Some more players are stepping up to take the pressure off Wade. It’s early in the season, these boys have played together for several years. Hazard won the WYMT without him. And with pressure on him, he tended to turn the ball over a lot and make young mistakes, he’s still got a lot of growing mentally in the game. He didn’t get playing time in the tournament last year therefore Al didn’t depend on him much.