• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spurlock To Breathitt County???
Hearing rumors of Leslie linebacker Preston spurlock could be headed to breathitt anyone have news on this??
No...
Yeah I heard Spurlock was coming to Breathitt as well. He will make a nice addition to the team.
Don’t hold your breathe
Find this hard to believe
I would call fake news.
That’s the rumor. I did hear he wanted to compete for a state championship. It may be true, it may not. Who knows.
Sorry to burst your alls bubble but even if he does transfer to Breathitt they're still not winning state...:lmao:
Somerset loses a lot. I wouldn’t bet on Breathitt not being in the hunt for a title. They were the 3rd best team in 2A this year and it’s possible they were 2nd best. This time last year they lost Slaughter and no Weddle, Collins, or Long. Those 4 were the difference in the top 3 team they were and a top 15 team they would have been. Saying all that, they have O’Hara, Long, and Weddle back. If Spurlock goes there that means they are reloading again. If they get a good running back in there to replace collins they will be hard to stop. Not the favorite again but right in there.
I’d imagine everybody would like to compete for a state title. Would think there would be better options than Breathitt though.
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:Sorry to burst your alls bubble but even if he does transfer to Breathitt they're still not winning state...:lmao:

There is difference in winning a championship and competing for a championship. Breathitt may not win a title next year, but they will be in the conversation with or without Spurlock.
BoyleCo Wrote:They were the 3rd best team in 2A this year and it’s possible they were 2nd best.

If you said they were the 4th best team and maybe the 3rd best you might have more of an argument to stand on.

Somerset needed to beat Mayfield on a last second play and benefited from Mayfield's best player getting hurt in 1st Quarter.

Don't think there is an argument to be made for being the 2nd best.

Additionally, it is hard to justify Breathitt over LCA when LCA was the only team to beat Somerset and the 2nd game was truly a toss-up that Somerset came out ahead in.

Breathitt over Beechwood is a fair argument to make, though even that would be debatable.

From an impartial observer:

1. Somerset
2. Mayfield
3. LCA

4. Breathitt
5. Beechwood

6. Caldwell County
7. Murray
BoyleCo Wrote:Somerset loses a lot. I wouldn’t bet on Breathitt not being in the hunt for a title. They were the 3rd best team in 2A this year and it’s possible they were 2nd best. This time last year they lost Slaughter and no Weddle, Collins, or Long. Those 4 were the difference in the top 3 team they were and a top 15 team they would have been. Saying all that, they have O’Hara, Long, and Weddle back. If Spurlock goes there that means they are reloading again. If they get a good running back in there to replace collins they will be hard to stop. Not the favorite again but right in there.

Being a Somerset fan and watching the Briar Jumpers against the other top 4 teams they were definitively not the 2nd or 3rd best team in 2A last season. Breathitt came out fired up, caught Somerset flat and jumped out to a 13-0 lead after 2 minutes then got rolled 40-12 the rest of the way. And Somerset could have scored on their last drive but was content to run it up there middle and run clock. The games with LCA and Mayfield were back and forth the entire game. It was hard to get a good figure on Beechwood as Somerset played them with Alex Miller and the Tigers were missing some players that came back after that game. The Bobcats were no better than the 4th, and possibly 5th best team in 2A last season. They do appear to have righted their ship and if they continue to add talented players as transfers each season they'll be a factor each year.
Cat Daddy Wrote:There is difference in winning a championship and competing for a championship. Breathitt may not win a title next year, but they will be in the conversation with or without Spurlock.

They won't be in the conversation everybody in the state knows they will lose in the semi finals again when they finally play someone good
The state moves out and......
If spurlock does go to Breathitt then they will win district 7 without any doubt and most likely go 10-0 again. However, Breathitt will not even be the best team in the East next year. The ceiling for that team is the semifinals. If he really wants to win a championship he’ll go to Somerset. Can’t wait to see how well Breathitt does in “free agency” this offseason...
WestCarterComet Wrote:If spurlock does go to Breathitt then they will win district 7 without any doubt and most likely go 10-0 again. However, Breathitt will not even be the best team in the East next year. The ceiling for that team is the semifinals. If he really wants to win a championship he’ll go to Somerset. Can’t wait to see how well Breathitt does in “free agency” this offseason...
Finally someone who’s realistic
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:Finally someone who’s realistic

The only way I see them struggling to win district 7 is if Spurlock doesn’t come and Ohara does transfer to Perry County Central. With Breathitts luck, O’Hara will stay and Spurlock will transfer in. As far as I’m concerned, as of right now there are really only 3 teams competing for the 2A title in 2020 and those are Somerset, Beechwood, and Mayfield.
WestCarterComet Wrote:The only way I see them struggling to win district 7 is if Spurlock doesn’t come and Ohara does transfer to Perry County Central. With Breathitts luck, O’Hara will stay and Spurlock will transfer in. As far as I’m concerned, as of right now there are really only 3 teams competing for the 2A title in 2020 and those are Somerset, Beechwood, and Mayfield.
How do you think LCA will be in 2020? I see them competing as well.
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:How do you think LCA will be in 2020? I see them competing as well.

I think they will be good again but I don’t see them beating Somerset. However, if they do, they will definitely be in the semifinals.
WestCarterComet Wrote:I think they will be good again but I don’t see them beating Somerset. However, if they do, they will definitely be in the semifinals.
Respectable. I think LCA has a good shot at winning state next year
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:Respectable. I think LCA has a good shot at winning state next year

Bringing back Vernon and Brown definitely gives them a shot. They do lose Barnhardt and Smith however. Meanwhile Somerset returns Sheron, Garland, and Grundy. Somerset does lose more seniors but with them winning state this year and all the playmakers they do return, I just have to give the advantage to Somerset for now. That could easily change once we get closer to the season though. LCA would win District 2&3 no questions asked in my opinion. Just looking at the western part of the class.
WestCarterComet Wrote:Bringing back Vernon and Brown definitely gives them a shot. They do lose Barnhardt and Smith however. Meanwhile Somerset returns Sheron, Garland, and Grundy. Somerset does lose more seniors but with them winning state this year and all the playmakers they do return, I just have to give the advantage to Somerset for now. That could easily change once we get closer to the season though. LCA would win District 2&3 no questions asked in my opinion. Just looking at the western part of the class.

LCA also brings back Most of their O-line they do lose long and hood but whoever that 58 is stepped in some for them at RT and he seemed quite good out there and then I’m sure they will find someone to fill in that center spot also Moore should do great at QB since his dad is probably the best mr. irrelevant the NFL has ever seen
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:LCA also brings back Most of their O-line they do lose long and hood but whoever that 58 is stepped in some for them at RT and he seemed quite good out there and then I’m sure they will find someone to fill in that center spot also Moore should do great at QB since his dad is probably the best mr. irrelevant the NFL has ever seen

Kaiya Sheron was the Class 2A player of the year so I think Somerset will still have the quarterback advantage as long as he is healthy.
WestCarterComet Wrote:Kaiya Sheron was the Class 2A player of the year so I think Somerset will still have the quarterback advantage as long as he is healthy.

Kaiya sheron is a little overrated Dee Smith 1000% deserves that 2A player of the year not rlly even close imo but everyone is entitled to their own opinion I guess
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:Kaiya sheron is a little overrated Dee Smith 1000% deserves that 2A player of the year not rlly even close imo but everyone is entitled to their own opinion I guess

Yeah, he really looked overrated on that last drive with no pressure lol in the championship game. Good Grief, Let the boy enjoy the time of his life with the greatest comeback of all time dude.:thatsfunn Well maybe that I have seen in person, ill say that. I thought it was awesome. JMO
WestCarterComet Wrote:The only way I see them struggling to win district 7 is if Spurlock doesn’t come and Ohara does transfer to Perry County Central. With Breathitts luck, O’Hara will stay and Spurlock will transfer in. As far as I’m concerned, as of right now there are really only 3 teams competing for the 2A title in 2020 and those are Somerset, Beechwood, and Mayfield.

I would add LCA and there are the top 4....but one is out in round 2. The loss of Collins is more than people will give credit. He was the best player at MoCo and Anderson Co as well.
Collins was a stud. Huge hit on both sides of the ball. It will be interesting to see them next year after a off season in the weight room.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:I would add LCA and there are the top 4....but one is out in round 2. The loss of Collins is more than people will give credit. He was the best player at MoCo and Anderson Co as well.

Collins was probably the best back in 2A and Slaughter the best WR in the district. Both huge losses.
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:Kaiya sheron is a little overrated Dee Smith 1000% deserves that 2A player of the year not rlly even close imo but everyone is entitled to their own opinion I guess

Smith won’t be coming back. Sheron will.
I’m taking Beechnut and everyone else can have the rest..
Beechwwod returns everyone!
  • 1(current)
  • Next