Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolfe County 62 Jackson City 30
Wolfe County jumped out to a 24-0 lead at the start of the game. And it was a running clock before halftime.
Wolfe is undefeated thus far. They will get tested in their upcoming tournament but heck of a job by Coach Brown so far. Need to schedule a few tougher games at the beginning of the schedule though to gauge where they are against other strong 14th regional favorites. Hats off to Brown and good luck in Tenn.
Wolves are a good team but just like all the Other teams in the 14th they can be beat or beat any on a given night I do think most are not giving them the credit they deserve they are a top contender in the 14th you forget they beat Owsley twice and Leslie once last year and still have 7 of their best players returned not all scorers but they can play the game I got them as 1 of the top 3 teams in region
Wolves fan Wrote:Wolves are a good team but just like all the Other teams in the 14th they can be beat or beat any on a given night I do think most are not giving them the credit they deserve they are a top contender in the 14th you forget they beat Owsley twice and Leslie once last year and still have 7 of their best players returned not all scorers but they can play the game I got them as 1 of the top 3 teams in region

New year new teams
Agreed on the job by Brown, but I think they got tested in a one-point win over Powell Co.
Not saying that was a fluke but Powell played a very good game that night and we certainly did not play our best but the same could be said about Letcher loss to Prestonsburg and then we blowed them out on any given night anyone could rise to the occasion guess we’ll see in the all A in January we play Owsley first
Wolves fan Wrote:Not saying that was a fluke but Powell played a very good game that night and we certainly did not play our best but the same could be said about Letcher loss to Prestonsburg and then we blowed them out on any given night anyone could rise to the occasion guess we’ll see in the all A in January we play Owsley first
That All A tourney game between Wolfe-Owsley is in Campton. It’s always tough to come out of the ’Wolves’ Den with a win but Owsley is capable. Owsley is a very balanced team that has played a fairly tough schedule up to this point, who have 5 wins and single digit losses at Knott (8 pts) and at undefeated Jackson County (3 pts). Their other loss was to an 8-1 Russell County team in a holiday tournament in Gatlinburg.

The All A opener for both teams will be a very intriguing game.
I think it’s at breathitt
Jackson is a tough team we scrimmaged them earlier for 6 quarters and won by around 5-8 points not really sure
Wolves fan Wrote:I think it’s at breathitt
The semifinals are, but not the opening rounds. Owsley’s first round is at Wolfe.
Wolves fan Wrote:Jackson is a tough team we scrimmaged them earlier for 6 quarters and won by around 5-8 points not really sure

Are you talking about Jackson City or Jackson County? Jackson County is very good. I believe undefeated at this time.
Yea, I’m sure they are talking about Jackson County. Wolfe scrimmaged them the week before the season started and won 107-103 in 6 varsity quarters.
Jackson County is a very solid team, stated season 7-0 before losing to Spencer County.
The All A game between Wolfe and Owsley should be a very good game.
These are 2 of the better true All A schools in the region and I hate that the draw has them playing in the first round. Last year they played in the semifinals which is much more becoming of a game between these 2 teams.
Jackson county
Boogie Wrote:New year new teams

Yep, new year new teams.
Owsley had more returning that Wolfe had returning.

But every game can’t just be a rip and run game. Owsley is probably better than Wolfe County in a run and gun game. But Wolfe wasn’t gonna allow that tonight.
Good teams have to be able to play when people slow you down and take away what you wanna do.

Even tho Wolfe was the underdog according to everyone on here and was suppose to lose this game. They found a way to Win.