Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 73 South Laurel 63
Final :Cheerlead

Reed Shepherd 3 dunks :Cheerlead
Where did this Davidson kid come from? He’s Reed’s cousin? I don’t remember much about him from middle school
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:Where did this Davidson kid come from? He’s Reed’s cousin? I don’t remember much about him from middle school

Yes, Reed cousin both are freshman, very well could be best 1, 2 punch as a freshman in the state. TongueirateSho
The two mothers are sisters, Davidson wasn’t that great in middle school, but really physically blossomed in last year or so, probably 6-3 or 6-4 now.
Van Hagar Wrote:The two mothers are sisters, Davidson wasn’t that great in middle school, but really physically blossomed in last year or so, probably 6-3 or 6-4 now.

South, and the rest of the 13th will have to deal with these two kids for the next 3 1/2 seasons.

Lots can happen of course, but I don’t see Clay beating North this year.
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:Where did this Davidson kid come from? He’s Reed’s cousin? I don’t remember much about him from middle school

davidson held back last year and couldnt play school ball is why you probably not heard of him much but us around the aau circuit knew him.
Loks like south bein topdog is over
North is a decent team and could be good enough to win the 13th by the end of the year. I think the difference maker on that team is Alexander as they need that kid to win the region. He is a shooter and is probably their best defender. They have 4 solid players with alexander included in that mix.
Maybe I seen a different team, but North looked a favorite to win region and maybe a couple games at Rupp. Granted, South didn’t look good in the third quarter. Gonna need more than Matt to step up. They should have pressed North earlier, but that’s me armchairing it and I don’t get paid to coach.
Oh, and baseline and trailing refs need to study block vs charge. Not that it would change the outcome, just frustrating to see good defense get screwed by them messing up that call over and over
And if south is ranked top 3 in the 13th region then the 13th region is really down this year.
Wayne_ Wrote:North is a decent team and could be good enough to win the 13th by the end of the year. I think the difference maker on that team is Alexander as they need that kid to win the region. He is a shooter and is probably their best defender. They have 4 solid players with alexander included in that mix.

Didn’t get to go last night, how much did Alexander play? I know he’s been hurt, missed some games, if they won by 10 without him at full strength, that’s even more impressive.
He played some. He's like the 7th man right now. I figured you have to play Kelly sheppard Davidson and alexander alot of minutes to beat good teams.
Wayne_ Wrote:And if south is ranked top 3 in the 13th region then the 13th region is really down this year.

They probably are, but not seen Harlan County yet.

South has lost a ton of talent over the past several seasons. Typical wax and wane of a program. Eventually get some kids that develop into talented players. But gonna be a bit tough when Cromer and Norvell graduate
South is definitely top 3. Capable of beating anybody in the region on most nights. They are well coached and have a fantastic player in Cromer. It wouldn’t have mattered last night, but the officials need to understand that nobody in the building cane to see them. Way too many fouls called last night. Any contested shot was an automatic foul on both teams. Just because you fall down doesn’t mean you got fouled.
Wayne_ Wrote:He played some. He's like the 7th man right now. I figured you have to play Kelly sheppard Davidson and alexander alot of minutes to beat good teams.

Agreed, and he will be back in starting lineup when he’s at full strength I’m sure. North followed up this win by going to Woodford Co. and beating a pretty good Great Crossing team 75-63. They had beaten Scott Co. the night before.
What I saw was really bad officiating all over the place killing the flow of the game and bad basketball on both sides. Both teams are much better than they played, but anyone labeling either team good or bad from this game is a idiot. I do think one of the two teams in that game will represent the 13th at Rupp.
So you're counting out the dream team that clay has? That administration and coaches have invested a bunch in those 6 kids. It's time for that hype to actually do something. I thought last year was a massive underachievement.
What is up with Clay? NL has great potential . Clay May have internal issues.
AnswertheBell Wrote:What is up with Clay? NL has great potential . Clay May have internal issues.

IN MY OPINION: They have the talent. But Talent will only take you so far........Confusedhh:
And I know the sample size is small right now, but I thought when it happened and I think so even more now that Valentine was an excellent hire by North.
Van Hagar Wrote:And I know the sample size is small right now, but I thought when it happened and I think so even more now that Valentine was an excellent hire by North.

It was, and saw this one coming eventually. He certainly came into a great situation with a potential Mr Basketball already on the roster and the development of Davidson.

I know a certain poster thinks I’m an “idiot” but North is a top team on the region and a strong favorite to Rupp. This is coming from a South supporter.
AnswertheBell Wrote:What is up with Clay? NL has great potential . Clay May have internal issues.

My answer would be. The coach is horrible and the players play tight in big games because they are not used to it.
The great Nick Saban would call it “ Rat Poison” by parents!
I watched it last year and was hoping it wouldn’t happen to this years team..
players can’t buy into playing their role, because parents worried about their baby scoring and not playing team ball..
Not a coaching issue!
Clay was looking good up until the Hazard game. Then, it appeared that ONE player decided he needed to get “his” points and it has continued the last 2 games. He used to shoot ill-advised deep 3s but now he mixes in quite a few wild runners in the lane. He does look quicker than last year though. LOL...it takes way more than knowing Xs and Os to be a good coach. You have to be able to mold personalities and be a psychologist. The coach Clay has now isn’t great at either.
Coaching years ago was easy. Parents didn’t care as much cause they didn’t even go to games. They was busy trying to put food on the table. I know that was my dadS days but it ain’t been as long ago as folks think. It’s a thankless job anymore. I love our coach win or loose. He has held my kid accountable and we both trying to get him to be a good man. All I ask of him.
ky playmaker Wrote:Coaching years ago was easy. Parents didn’t care as much cause they didn’t even go to games. They was busy trying to put food on the table. I know that was my dadS days but it ain’t been as long ago as folks think. It’s a thankless job anymore. I love our coach win or loose. He has held my kid accountable and we both trying to get him to be a good man. All I ask of him.

I just about cried. He has a great role model teaching him. Hope everything works out.
Wayne_ Wrote:I just about cried. He has a great role model teaching him. Hope everything works out.
Think u. I know we made the right choice for us. Everybodies choice is diff.