Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JC vs Bell County
Anyone have any updates? Thanks!
I was there last night and it was a very intense scrimmage for this time of year. Niether team could move the ball on the ground effectively and most plays were in the air. Very hard hitting. The format was hard to follow so a comparisons is hard.

Bell has a young team with some great backs and an outstanding QB. The QB is supposed to be one of the best in the state and he showed that last night. They also may have the best place kicker in the state. A very quick team.

Central had more numbers and size but I think will need to fill some line postions lost to graduation. Bell keyed on Grimm quick, but he had a couple of nice runs. Dials and Welch had key receptions and Dials may have had close to 100 yds in recieving. This help take some pressure off Grimm. The defense looked good and Chase Richardson had several good stops. I think the offense still needs work which is common for this time of year.

Going to Log Mountian is never easy, and especially after a long hot bus ride. It was a pleasure watching two classy teams and coaches work. Both teams should get real deep into the playoffs this year.
What was the final score?
The format made a score hard to keep. The only time I saw anyone break loose was Dials after a reception and the refs blew the play dead after he broke free and I feel he could have scored.

On the goal line Grimm went in for Central and Bell also scored. Bell made more extra points and field goals.

This scrimmage was good for Central as it was thier first and they had a vey long hot bus ride and met a tough team. This should help them later in the year as they have several long bus rides with good teams.
I was told by a former Central player that JC was defeated, but as long as they get the kinks worked out before the season starts they'll be ok. They lost a lot from last year, so that bus ride don't mean jack diddly.....they'll be alright I hope.
Central was not defeated and at the worst it could be called a tie. We lost the place kicking which is important, but I would not say it meant we lost the scrimmage.

Central had a pass reception that had broken clear when it was blown dead and Bell did not have anyone break loose.

Bell is an awesome team and a top 3 pick in 4A with the top 1 or 2 QB in 4A and maybe the best kicker in the state. Central has some holes to fill, but had a good showing with a great team and program.