Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Results of the Scrimmages
What were the final result of the scrimmages and how do these teams look coming into the 07-08 football year? I would like to know you think about these teams.
:Thumbs:
sheldon clark looks great
Sheldon Clark did look good but I'm worried about Pikeville. They don't have a lot of size upfront and the offense was poorly ran. The defense had holes but was ok. The offense worries me I dont think they scored once all night.
Betsy Layne lost to Cumberland 2-0 but beat West Carter 1-0, but West Carter jv scored at the end on the bobcats jv, so the bobcats jv lost 1-0 to west carter, betsylayne jv tied cumberland jv 0-0
Powell scored 7 times to South Floyd's 1 time. Powell scored on 2 long bombs the first 2 times they touched the ball. Powell would have put 60 on them in a reg. game.
South Floyd blitz the whole night, Powell will kill you if you blitz them.
Their offense is designed to beat a blitzing defense.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Sheldon Clark did look good but I'm worried about Pikeville. They don't have a lot of size upfront and the offense was poorly ran. The defense had holes but was ok. The offense worries me I dont think they scored once all night.
Pikeville looked good in the second scrimmage they moved the ball effectively. They just have to work on their goalline package. On defense we looked better the second time around. All in all Im not worried. We got some players who didnt play tonight that were injured and we still held our own that second time around. These scrimmages are about what we need to work on and focusing on those areas. I bet we look better against Matewan next week.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Pikeville looked good in the second scrimmage they moved the ball effectively. They just have to work on their goalline package. On defense we looked better the second time around. All in all Im not worried. We got some players who didnt play tonight that were injured and we still held our own that second time around. These scrimmages are about what we need to work on and focusing on those areas. I bet we look better against Matewan next week.
Scrimage is what it is a scrimage, but I will guarantee you that you look better against Matewan, they are very very very and I stress very down this year haha.
Perry Central beat Pike Central 3-2
I wasn't very impressed with Pikeville, I expected a lot more, especially out of their defense. However, I was impressed with Sheldon Clark, they look really tough.
I was surprised with the way Betsy Layne played. Their defense looked good, and their offense wasn't too bad, a little scrappy, but it can be fixed. However, their defense was very sound, the freshman Maldinado kid made several solo tackles. Should be an interesting season out of the Bobcats.
Blhs looked really good in there scrimmages yesterday...there defense was clicking and offense needs a little bit of work but overall all the bobcats look great..they look like there ready for district, so goodluck BOBCATS!!!
how did shelby valley look?
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:Betsy Layne lost to Cumberland 2-0 but beat West Carter 1-0, but West Carter jv scored at the end on the bobcats jv, so the bobcats jv lost 1-0 to west carter, betsylayne jv tied cumberland jv 0-0
cumberland just beat betsy lane by 2 td's? is cumberland down or is betsy lane up? i played against both teams last year and cumberland was alot better on oth sides of the ball
NYY10 Wrote:how did shelby valley look?
pretty sharp actually.
SC did impress me. They look great this year
Panther Thunder Wrote:Sheldon Clark did look good but I'm worried about Pikeville. They don't have a lot of size upfront and the offense was poorly ran. The defense had holes but was ok. The offense worries me I dont think they scored once all night.
Now im trying not to make excuses because i was in fact pretty disappointed, but Pikeville has probably half of our varsity linemen injured and on the sideline, and because of those injuries has not even had enough players to go 11 on 11 in practice yet. I do think however that once some players get healthy and we have some scrimages and good practices under our belts, we'll have nothing to worry about.
EASports12 Wrote:Now im trying not to make excuses because i was in fact pretty disappointed, but Pikeville has probably half of our varsity linemen injured and on the sideline, and because of those injuries has not even had enough players to go 11 on 11 in practice yet. I do think however that once some players get healthy and we have some scrimages and good practices under our belts, we'll have nothing to worry about.
I am just curious to know how Pikeville got so banged up. I have heard many people say that they haven't even had contact yet but their sideline looks like a MASH unit. Anyone with inside info care to explain this??
Valley loked good except when they started off against J. I. Burton. Then after that they played Norton a second time and tied them. They Also tied Sheldon Clark. Pikeville looked horrible. Burton and SC whipped them. I would have really wanted to see SV and P-Ville square off last night, but it didn't happen.
Cumberland is ranked in the top ten in two different polls in Class A.....
did daniel harmon play?
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:did daniel harmon play?
no
I thought Sc looked very tough to be this early. Pikeville, to have the atheletes they have, didint impress me at all and after watching Sv i would be suprised, IMO, if they won two games this year.
bball fan Wrote:I am just curious to know how Pikeville got so banged up. I have heard many people say that they haven't even had contact yet but their sideline looks like a MASH unit. Anyone with inside info care to explain this??
About half the injuries are not completely football injuries, like one has a torn stomach ligament (or something like that), one might have a bone disease that would require surgury, one is recovering from shoulder surgury from the spring, one from an acl surgury in the summer, one is battling back problems, one has some sort of athritis in his knees, and there are a few more that i forget.

The point being that only one player, Charles Comer i think, was on the sideline with an injury that happened at a football practice
How did Sheldon Clark's defense look? Who did they play?
Pursued the ball good. Solid for the most part, young DB's looked like Jr and Sr.
EASports12 Wrote:About half the injuries are not completely football injuries, like one has a torn stomach ligament (or something like that), one might have a bone disease that would require surgury, one is recovering from shoulder surgury from the spring, one from an acl surgury in the summer, one is battling back problems, one has some sort of athritis in his knees, and there are a few more that i forget.

The point being that only one player, Charles Comer i think, was on the sideline with an injury that happened at a football practice
In other words...it is too hot to practice right now but they will be healed right before the PC Bowl!!!!!
If Daniel Harmon didn't play then I really have to dismiss all these posts about Pikeville looking bad. Harmon is probably one of the Top 5 players in 1A this year, he is also the focal point of the Panther offense.

For SC fans, imagine your team without Dials, or Belfry without Dustin May. Makes a huge difference don't it?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:If Daniel Harmon didn't play then I really have to dismiss all these posts about Pikeville looking bad. Harmon is probably one of the Top 5 players in 1A this year, he is also the focal point of the Panther offense.

For SC fans, imagine your team without Dials, or Belfry without Dustin May. Makes a huge difference don't it?
I agree Harmon is a great player but without a line he is going to have a mediocre season. If the line can step up the Panthers will have a lot better season.
Bath played paris yesterday and struggled. Baths offense moved the ball really well down the field, but fumbled twice and had 2 picks inside paris 35. Paris was very quick, one of the quickest teams i have seen from them in awhile, but not a whole lot of size. They spread bath out and ran the option pretty well. Bath has a scrimmage next week against east carter, so we will see if they can figure things out.