Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region Baseball Pre season rankings and such
It’s should be a fun and competitive Region once again.
Let’s have some 13th Region Pre Season power rankings, tops seniors, Juniors, Sophomores and Freshman. Top power hitters and top power pitchers.
I'll take a stab at the way too early team rankings haha:

1) Corbin
2) Whitley Co
3) Clay Co
4) North Laurel
5) South Laurel
6) Middlesboro
7) Knox Co
8) Jackson Co
9) Barbourville
10) Williamsburg
11) Lynn Camp
12) Harlan Co
13) Pineville
14) Harlan
15) Bell Co
16) OBI
17) Red Bird
Prime.Time Wrote:I'll take a stab at the way too early team rankings haha:

1) Corbin
2) Whitley Co
3) Clay Co
4) North Laurel
5) South Laurel
6) Middlesboro
7) Knox Co
8) Jackson Co
9) Barbourville
10) Williamsburg
11) Lynn Camp
12) Harlan Co
13) Pineville
14) Harlan
15) Bell Co
16) OBI
17) Red Bird

Barbourville lost a lot if I recall. Pineville above Harlan and Bell?? Lynn Camp?
Admittedly I dont know a ton about the mountain teams. If KHSAA site is correct Harlan lost 10 seniors off a 9 win team, Bell lost 8 seniors off a 8 win team. Lynn Camp has a good coach and only lost 2 seniors, but you could probably draw teams 8 through 15 out of hat haha

Whats your top ten?
Prime.Time Wrote:Admittedly I dont know a ton about the mountain teams. If KHSAA site is correct Harlan lost 10 seniors off a 9 win team, Bell lost 8 seniors off a 8 win team. Lynn Camp has a good coach and only lost 2 seniors, but you could probably draw teams 8 through 15 out of hat haha

Whats your top ten?

The top 10 itself looks pretty good. I think the top 3-4 teams in the region could win given the right circumstances, after all, it is baseball.

1. Corbin
2. Whitley
3. North/South/Clay
6. Knox
7. Middlebsoro
8. Harlan County
9. B'ville
10. W'burg
11. Jackson Co
12. Bell
13. Harlan/Lynn Camp
15. Pineville/OBI...etc
RicFlair Wrote:The top 10 itself looks pretty good. I think the top 3-4 teams in the region could win given the right circumstances, after all, it is baseball.

1. Corbin
2. Whitley
3. North/South/Clay
6. Knox
7. Middlebsoro
8. Harlan County
9. B'ville
10. W'burg
11. Jackson Co
12. Bell
13. Harlan/Lynn Camp
15. Pineville/OBI...etc

Looks pretty good but I think Knox is going to surprise some people with kids that didn't play a lot last year because of the senior class. I'm not sure I'd put South that high losing Ramey hurts and not sure they got much to replace him
Corbin. They should return to the top for the obvious reasons. They won the 13th region the last two years.

Let’s look at some of the teams I have in the upper rankings with how many upperclassmen they have:

⚾️ Clay has 9 juniors and 4 seniors

⚾️ Corbin returns 11 seniors and 8 juniors,

⚾️ Knox Central has 4 Seniors and 3 juniors that made up a good team.

⚾️ North Laurel only has 1 senior, but 8 juniors.

⚾️ South returns 6 Seniors with 5 juniors.

⚾️ Whitley has 8 seniors and only 1 junior.

1) Corbin should be loaded with Pitching having about 3 throwing in the low 80’s and 2 mid 80’s. They have a good junk pitcher, some big lanky left, solid defense, good hitting and Good Coaching.

2) Knox has solid pitching with 1-2 in the low 80’s with one of those possibly being the top pitcher in the Region.

3) Whitley some nice hitters, two solid pitchers and a good leader behind the plate with experienced Coaching.

4) North Laurel will need to lean heavily on key Coaching and a pretty solid junior class.

5) Clay hit, hit, hit and hit!! Clay can always hit! Their big question is pitching.

6) South Laurel. This team has been used to winning with a lot of good tradition of winning and good Coaching.

7) Middlesboro has been down since the SS and ACE graduated in 2018.

8) Jackson Co. is the team that can sneak up on some folks! They will beat some teams that overlook them!

9) Barbourville lost a lot and needs to reload.

10) Harlan County’s New Coach will need to dig deep and develop some younger players to get the Bears back on the map.

11) Lynn Camp has some of the best Coaching most knowledgeable players they have had in a while, but not sure if they will have enough athletes to play this year.

12) Williamsburg Lost a lot, but will surprise some teams. They have a very solid lefty senior on the mound with good velocity and great leadership. He is quite possibly the best freshman in the Region.

13) Pineville has just not had much.

14) Harlan been down for a while.

15) Bell County has lost so much baseball interest among the players.

16) OBI

17) Red Bird
SEKYSports Wrote:Corbin. They should return to the top for the obvious reasons. They won the 13th region the last two years.

Let’s look at some of the teams I have in the upper rankings with how many upperclassmen they have:

⚾️ Clay has 9 juniors and 4 seniors

⚾️ Corbin returns 11 seniors and 8 juniors,

⚾️ Knox Central has 4 Seniors and 3 juniors that made up a good team.

⚾️ North Laurel only has 1 senior, but 8 juniors.

⚾️ South returns 6 Seniors with 5 juniors.

⚾️ Whitley has 8 seniors and only 1 junior.

1) Corbin should be loaded with Pitching having about 3 throwing in the low 80’s and 2 mid 80’s. They have a good junk pitcher, some big lanky left, solid defense, good hitting and Good Coaching.

2) Knox has solid pitching with 1-2 in the low 80’s with one of those possibly being the top pitcher in the Region.

3) Whitley some nice hitters, two solid pitchers and a good leader behind the plate with experienced Coaching.

4) North Laurel will need to lean heavily on key Coaching and a pretty solid junior class.

5) Clay hit, hit, hit and hit!! Clay can always hit! Their big question is pitching.

6) South Laurel. This team has been used to winning with a lot of good tradition of winning and good Coaching.

7) Middlesboro has been down since the SS and ACE graduated in 2018.

8) Jackson Co. is the team that can sneak up on some folks! They will beat some teams that overlook them!

9) Barbourville lost a lot and needs to reload.

10) Harlan County’s New Coach will need to dig deep and develop some younger players to get the Bears back on the map.

11) Lynn Camp has some of the best Coaching most knowledgeable players they have had in a while, but not sure if they will have enough athletes to play this year.

12) Williamsburg Lost a lot, but will surprise some teams. They have a very solid lefty senior on the mound with good velocity and great leadership. He is quite possibly the best freshman in the Region.

13) Pineville has just not had much.

14) Harlan been down for a while.

15) Bell County has lost so much baseball interest among the players.

16) OBI

17) Red Bird

No disagreement here other than ranking of Bell Co. To be blunt, Pineville is and will continue to be horrible for the foreseeable future. Harlan had one thing they could hang their hat on last year and now that is gone. Bell beat HC 2/3 games last year as well as run ruled Lynn camp last year, and not only that but they split with Barbourville, who lost practically all of their players.

1) Corbin
2) Whitley Co
3) Clay Co
4) North Laurel
5) South Laurel
6) Middlesboro
7) Knox Co
8) Jackson Co
9) Barbourville
10) Williamsburg
11) Lynn Camp
12) Harlan Co
13) Pineville
14) Harlan
15) Bell Co
16) OBI
17) Red Bird

Bville loses a lot but still can handle themselves, but pineville and harlan over bell? Lynn camp over all three? there should also be hints of the boro falling some this year.
No way Lynn Camp should be over Harlan County. Personally, I would say they fit nice at the 13 spot, bumping up Pineville and HC.
Any info on top, bats, strongest arms, best line up, best pitching rotation, best Staff and so on? 6 weeks away it’s getting close.
SEKYSports Wrote:Any info on top, bats, strongest arms, best line up, best pitching rotation, best Staff and so on? 6 weeks away it’s getting close.

I would think Whitley could make a case for one of the better rotations in the region. I don't know what knox, corbin, and north bring back on their staff though.
Corbin’s Phillips has to be ranked as one of the top players in the region.

1) Corbin
2) Whitley Co
3) Clay Co
4) North Laurel
5) South Laurel
6) Middlesboro
7) Knox Co
8) Jackson Co
9) Barbourville
10) Williamsburg
11) Lynn Camp
12) Harlan Co
13) Pineville
14) Harlan
15) Bell Co
16) OBI
17) Red Bird

Middlesboro over Knox ? do you follow much 13th region baseball? Middlesboro 12th on that list.
That’s would be a major shake up if Mboro over Knox. What about Big bats and Big arms in 13th Region
1-2 Corbin and Whitley. Could go either way. If Whitley doesn’t win this year they never will, But Corbin is my favorite. Whitley has Petry and Croley, studs. Remember I said that, they can shake up the region if they are used properly. Corbin has best returning rotation and a couple solid bats in Addison, Phillips and Chandler. Chandler is going to be a beast on the mound and at the plate this year.
3 north laurel can upset anyone if the throw Sizemore.
4-17 everyone else
Don’t forget about Dismuke on the mound, another pitcher who could shake up the region. Also good 3 inning pitchers with Giles, Harlan, And Siler with a good Cather behind the plate in Shelton. Don’t forget the good glove and bat in Prewitt at first.
I think Whitley can win it all for sure. They have a good coach and a catcher that has much experience and can lead their pitchers well. Dismuke a stud!

Corbin has a very good senior class baseball maybe the best the region has seen in many years. They compare to the 2015 South Laurel squad without the giant big stick and more spread out among all the players with a lot of arms to go around.
Knox has lost a lot, but still can win it all should be a fun year!
I agree that Whitley and Corbin will both be at the top, but I think Corbin will take more of a hit at the plate loosing Taylor and Estep than people realize. Not to mention Reynolds who has started for 4 years behind the plate and Gosslin who had started for 3 years in the outfield.
“ Losing”
Scrimmages start this Saturday in the 13th Region it’s about time to “play ball“
Whitley County 11 Mercer County 1
Whitley should easily be first. They have a new freshman stud in Brady Bargo, this kid has a magnificent glove and can hit the lights out. With a stud like that adding to all those seniors and Petrey i don’t think this team can be beat.
(01-09-2020, 04:28 PM)Prime.Time Wrote: I'll take a stab at the way too early team rankings haha:

1) Corbin
2) Whitley Co
3) Clay Co
4) North Laurel
5) South Laurel
6) Middlesboro
7) Knox Co
8) Jackson Co
9) Barbourville
10) Williamsburg
11) Lynn Camp
12) Harlan Co