Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Passing QB'S in Eastern KY
IMO, Clint Cashen is the best in southeastern part of the state. Lewis from Clay County is not too far behind him though.
As far as the Top QB's go:
1.) Lewis-Clay
2.) Olinger (Hazard) <-- I see huge numbers this year.
3.) Goldsmith (Lawrence Co.)
Matt Thomas from Ashland in his first year at QB.
Jones from Russell has to be somewhere near the top. Passing for 1379 yards while being the second leading rusher on the team with 622 yards rushing. The team rushed for 4061 yards. Not bad passing yards for a rushing team.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I have heard that the new freshman quarterback is a better passer and that Boone may only be used in the running game.
Tim Honaker from Pikeville should be considerably better passing this year than last. The only real pass catching threat last year was the starting RB. This year he has a tremendous WR in Tyler Baker. Should be a nice combo along with Harmon and the other Honaker out of the backfield.
Tyler Jones- RUSSELL
rushes-10
yards-96
TD-4 rushing

passing:
4 for 11 for 111 yards
1-TD passing

DEfense:
2 interceptions
4 sacks
5 solo tackles- 3 assts

not bad for a QB
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Clint Cashen really impressed me at the PKB...
vundy33 Wrote:Clint Cashen really impressed me at the PKB...

i agree
1) zack lewis - clay co.
2) colby fugate - breathitt co.
3) tyler olinger - hazard
js380 Wrote:1) zack lewis - clay co.
2) colby fugate - breathitt co.
3) tyler olinger - hazard

Fugate is deff in the mix, but not above Olinger.

1.Lewis-Clay
2.Olinger-Hazard
3.Cashen-Corbin
4.Bowling- South Laurel
5.Fugate- Breathitt
*Banks-LCC Morgan-Leslie*
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Tyler Jones- RUSSELL
rushes-10
yards-96
TD-4 rushing

passing:
4 for 11 for 111 yards
1-TD passing

DEfense:
2 interceptions
4 sacks
5 solo tackles- 3 assts

not bad for a QB
Tyler did not have 2 ints. Travis Jones did. The rest of it is correct.
Thanks for the correction FBALL. Just researching stats and could not tell. SINCE I MISSED THE GAME>>>>>!!!!!
Or I would have known that..
fottballstar_1 Wrote:i agree

Not me....I think his form is terrible! However, he does make some plays for his team.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Tyler Jones- RUSSELL
rushes-10
yards-96
TD-4 rushing

passing:
4 for 11 for 111 yards
1-TD passing

DEfense:
2 interceptions
4 sacks
5 solo tackles- 3 assts

not bad for a QB
This thread is titled "Top Passing" QB's not rushing or defensive, or overall player.
HazzBeen Wrote:Not me....I think his form is terrible! However, he does make some plays for his team.
I agree with you hazzbeen...he's a playmaker but not a great form thrower.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1a. Lewis- Clay County
1b. Cashen- Corbin

3. Olinger- Hazrad
4. Nelson- Bell County
5. Morgan- Leslie County

Lewis will have ungodly stats for the second straight year, but Cashen is the better passer, mechanically speaking, and on the better team.

Nelson of Bell would put up huge numbers if he were in a spread offense, he is a very sound QB. The Morgan kid at Leslie is in a system designed for QB's to succeed.

Some of names to note: Goldsmith of Lawrence County, Jones of Russell (if they end up using him as the QB), Elkins of Belfry (this may surprise some but the kid is an excellent passer), Adams at Middlesboro, Fugate of Breathitt, Rice at Powell County, Bowling of South Laurel, and anyone you put at QB at Somerset when you have John Cole to throw to.

I've seen Cashen play, granted it was 2 years ago, but I would definatly put Olinger ahead of Cashen.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:This thread is titled "Top Passing" QB's not rushing or defensive, or overall player.

4-11 for 111 yards and a TD is impressive in the grand scheme of Russell football. I think he was just throwing all the stats out there for comparison. While some QB's are great passers and some are great runners he was just offering the complete line so that everyone can see the whole package. Plus he plays defense as well.

Back to the actual thread. Cashen has impressed me as far as passing goes of the ones that I have seen. Anyone have any stats on him?
From what I have seen Lewis is the best. He stands in the pocket with great poise and will wait to the last second to make his decision if he has too. He has texbook form and will eventually be the state's all time leader in passing yards. Another kid that impressed me in passing league's was Bobby Hughes from P-burg. This kid can put wherever he wants it right on the money. P-burg doesn't throw as much as some other teams, but I would put this kid in my top 6 with Lewis, Olinger, Fugate, Nelson (from Bell), and Banks.
[quote=FOX SPORTS]This thread is titled "Top Passing" QB's not rushing or defensive, or overall player.[/quote

Thanks MIDEE1, thats what I meant.
Olinger!