Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On Tua Tagovailoa Declaring For NFL Dràft?
I would have done the same if I were him. Teams were willing to take him in the Top 10 and I don't know if his stock could have gone much higher given the risk that would come with his going back (re-injury, not performing as well, losing a year of earning potential, the season being cancelled or abbreviated).

I like the pick if I'm in the shoes of the Dolphins, as they have plenty of draft capital to put pieces around him, and they've possibly got another year of tanking where he can begin the season with the clipboard and ease into the role as he heals and progresses.

I don't like him as the pick for most of the teams with early picks though, at least insofar as I wouldn't want to invest so much in a quarterback with his injury-profile unless I had a solid offensive line and run game to eliminate the need for him to be as exposed on drop backs and/or to have some decent weapons at the skill positions to help make his life easier. For instance, if I'm the Bengals and I had the #2 pick and Burrow was gone, I don't know that I'd touch him.
Messages In This Thread
Thoughts On Tua Tagovailoa Declaring For NFL Dràft? - by JokersWild24 - 05-02-2020, 06:25 AM