•  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin Head Coaching Search
Not true. Interviews tomorrow. 😎
I really think Tom Greer is the guy. Just announce and move forward. Get the big Red machine rolling!
Mingo Wrote:I really think Tom Greer is the guy. Just announce and move forward. Get the big Red machine rolling!

Could hear something in the next day or so. It appears there has been some movement with a candidate.
Mingo Wrote:I really think Tom Greer is the guy. Just announce and move forward. Get the big Red machine rolling!

Corbin has moved on without Doug Preston. He was their first candidate. I'm hearing that the outside variables were too much to overcome. He has in fact removed himself from consideration.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Corbin has moved on without Doug Preston. He was their first candidate. I'm hearing that the outside variables were too much to overcome. He has in fact removed himself from consideration.

Was he the guy you’ve mentioned in all your posts???
CityBoyBlues Wrote:Was he the guy you’ve mentioned in all your posts???

Absolutely. They met in Franklin over a week ago. Job was offered. But other factors came into play. Disappointing.
Hate to tell you but that’s incorrect.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:.

Absolutely. They met in Franklin over a week ago. Job was offered. But other factors came into play. Disappointing.

Not what I’m hearing either and not disappointing to most either. They have narrowed it down to 2 candidates and neither was Preston from what Ive been told.
Sounds like Greer is 1 of the 2...who is the other?
Heard Corbin officials made a call to Mark Dantonio today to see if he was available.
Corbin deserves a good, fiery young coach that wants to be involved from top to bottom.

I said they ought to pursue a coach like Jason Foley at Southwestern. I get he’s still a little young and maybe you can argue credentials but with the full roster of talent, he’s very capable AND he’s definitely the kind of coach kids would rally around. Won at Taylor County, and in the first year with a bit of a injury bug he won district at Southwestern which is huge if you ask me.

If there’s anyone to reach out, don’t overlook him.
CityBoyBlues Wrote:Hate to tell you but that’s incorrect.

Good luck been trying to tell him for days now...
CowboyDad Wrote:Corbin deserves a good, fiery young coach that wants to be involved from top to bottom.

I said they ought to pursue a coach like Jason Foley at Southwestern. I get he’s still a little young and maybe you can argue credentials but with the full roster of talent, he’s very capable AND he’s definitely the kind of coach kids would rally around. Won at Taylor County, and in the first year with a bit of a injury bug he won district at Southwestern which is huge if you ask me.

If there’s anyone to reach out, don’t overlook him.

It’s hard to deny the guy has done well everywhere he’s went but I don’t think he’s interested in leaving SW Pulaski ...wouldn’t be surprised if he wouldn’t be back on the other side of town one day if things where to change which made it possible...
Has anyone considered the middle school? I mean has he not been fantastic?
UCfan1 Wrote:Has anyone considered the middle school? I mean has he not been fantastic?

Yes he has been fantastic but who replaces Brent Jackson, he’s just such a good fit there and with all the intangibles he brings to the middle school program I’d rather he just stay there...Besides I’m not at all sure he even wants to move up and take on that much more responsibility...
I have never seen so many people that know exactly what is going on yet all of the guaranteed “facts” are vastly different.
UCfan1 Wrote:Has anyone considered the middle school? I mean has he not been fantastic?

How many state middle school championships has Louisville Central won. Highlands, Beechwood, Trinity, and St X. my point is middle school championships are great and I would like to win at anything I went at but really if you are not playing the best completion it's more symbolical than reality.
Top 2 candidates are Tommy Greer & Eddie James from Franklin County. That’s from the horses mouth. Take it to the bank.
CityBoyBlues Wrote:Top 2 candidates are Tommy Greer & Eddie James from Franklin County. That’s from the horses mouth. Take it to the bank.

Dear Lord if we could just get them both somehow...
CityBoyBlues Wrote:Top 2 candidates are Tommy Greer & Eddie James from Franklin County. That’s from the horses mouth. Take it to the bank.
I would take both or just James!
1/4bak Wrote:How many state middle school championships has Louisville Central won. Highlands, Beechwood, Trinity, and St X. my point is middle school championships are great and I would like to win at anything I went at but really if you are not playing the best completion it's more symbolical than reality.

I see what your saying but I’m not sure I exactly agree with it, but your more than entitled to you own opinion...I still just don’t think your gonna find a man that is as morally sound and teaches the game to young Redhounds as well as Brent Jackson you know life lessons and such...
If Greer is one of 2 finalists....how does it not go to him? I mean the position he holds now he would still hold if he doesn’t get the job. So it’s up to people working under him to decide if he gets the job or not???
I just hope they haven’t played games with these up and coming young coaches like James.
campbellfield Wrote:If Greer is one of 2 finalists....how does it not go to him? I mean the position he holds now he would still hold if he doesn’t get the job. So it’s up to people working under him to decide if he gets the job or not???
I just hope they haven’t played games with these up and coming young coaches like James.

The hiring committee isn’t just made up of school system employees and from what I’ve been told it’s not 100% that Greer would be able to hold his current position and be the head coach or even a DC....There are some really good people on the hiring committee and Ive been assured by them that they are going through the process, the fact that Coach James is a finalist makes me thinks that’s the case if you look back through this thread he was one of the few on my wish list...
Expect Greer to be officially named head coach any day now.
If Corbin committee makes a serious attempt at Eddie James and lands him, it would be good for Corbin in short term and long term. Play into the restructuring of Corbin policies and allowing Greer to come back to coaching and taking helm at defense for short term, Corbin would be pretty solid again in my opinion. Any insiders from Eddie James camp saying he showing interests??
papagorgio21 Wrote:If Corbin committee makes a serious attempt at Eddie James and lands him, it would be good for Corbin in short term and long term. Play into the restructuring of Corbin policies and allowing Greer to come back to coaching and taking helm at defense for short term, Corbin would be pretty solid again in my opinion. Any insiders from Eddie James camp saying he showing interests??

That would be a good outcome. Depends on how bad Greer wants it. Could be some hurt feelings.
My source is saying that they want James but are already asking him to hire Greer and give him a higher title of DC and associate head coach. If I am coach that has to cause some hesitation. From what I know James is a pretty headstrong young coach who does things his own way. This will be interesting to say the least.
single shot Wrote:Good luck been

trying to tell him for days now...

😂😂😂. Y’all believe what you want. No skin off my nose. Nothing I’ve posted was incorrect. All spot on.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:😂😂😂. Y’all believe what you want. No skin off my nose. Nothing I’ve posted was incorrect. All spot on.

Everything you’ve posted is incorrect whether your nose has skin on it or not...
Take a coach with a turn around 5-6 first season, 10-3 second, 11-1 third, with 91 kids showing out for off season workouts...he brings a fire and competitive spirit. Corbin committee I'm sure has thought it through...right? lol...young coach with a determined goal...I hope Committee makes right choice! Eddie James would be a good fit!!!
  •  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next