•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin Head Coaching Search
4AKentuckyBoy Wrote:I could really see them going after a assistant interview District Rival Wayne county’s staff or even the head man. We will see what happens however! What’s everyone else think?

Let me correct myself, I don’t think the assistant or Head coach accept the job at Corbin but they might try to interview. A lot of experience on that Wayne co staff.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Now in Greer’s hands, if he wants to coach now or wait the 3 years till retirement. If he chooses the later look for French to get a call. How does Corbin allow one person to turn their program upside down?

Wayne Mills being Corbins HC is comical. Will not work on so many levels. Greer has done enough damage , but to hire Mills will send it over the edge.

Why are you so mad at Wayne and Tom. They are proven coaches. Corbin is fine if it is them.
ArJay Wrote:Smart move on Haddix part to leave. He lost all his defensive coaches. They go from giving up around 11 points a game to giving up 25 points a game. The defense wasn’t the same without Greer and Mills.

Corbin moved to 4A and a new district losing McCreary County, Jackson County,Casey County and Bell.

The new district which is a lot tougher they gained Wayne County, Knox Central and Lincoln County

I would say this is the biggest reason for the change in your stats
1/4bak Wrote:Corbin moved to 4A and a new district losing McCreary County, Jackson County,Casey County and Bell.

The new district which is a lot tougher they gained Wayne County, Knox Central and Lincoln County

I would say this is the biggest reason for the change in your stats

That might be some of it, but anyone with 2 eyes could see the defense was not very good last year.

A lot of off season work will be needed to get it back here it should be. All the more reason that this coaching search must end quickly.
The best coach who is not coaching right now is Mike Halcomb. He would make Corbin a fine coach and could continue on what Haddix has done there. If I were looking for a coach I'd be calling him. Good luck on whomever they choose.
I’m surprised Jep Irwin isn’t in the conversation. Thoughts?
JustThinking Wrote:The best coach who is not coaching right now is Mike Halcomb. He would make Corbin a fine coach and could continue on what Haddix has done there. If I were looking for a coach I'd be calling him. Good luck on whomever they choose.

pulling halcomb is the best thing for corbin to do unless they can pull out coaches who already have schools. There might be some big time coaches come out of retirement for this job.
crazy that corbin let steve jewell consistently underachieve for 15 years and run the program into the ground but was dissatisfied with haddix after doing more in 6 that jewell did in 15 .. that’s coming from a bell fan ..
WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:crazy that corbin let steve jewell consistently underachieve for 15 years and run the program into the ground but was dissatisfied with haddix after doing more in 6 that jewell did in 15 .. that’s coming from a bell fan ..

FROM THE SCHOOL THAT LET BILLY HICKS LEAVE ITS TRADITION:truestory:
JustThinking Wrote:The best coach who is not coaching right now is Mike Halcomb. He would make Corbin a fine coach and could continue on what Haddix has done there. If I were looking for a coach I'd be calling him. Good luck on whomever they choose.

I think Holcomb would be a nice fit at Corbin as well. Isn't there a connection between Haddix and Holcomb? I may be wrong but didnt Haddix play for Coach Holcomb at Breathitt County back in the day running his spread offense?
Hear a flood watch on for corbyn
WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:crazy that corbin let steve jewell consistently underachieve for 15 years and run the program into the ground but was dissatisfied with haddix after doing more in 6 that jewell did in 15 .. that’s coming from a bell fan ..

I'm not taken up for either side or really have any first hand knowledge of what went on with Haddix and the Corbin Admin. But from what I've heard the administration offered Coach Haddix a very sweet deal to try to get him to stay and he turned them down. If that is the case then the Corbin folks can't be held responsible for him leaving. It was a decision that he made. Good luck to Coach Haddix and Hound Nation. I'm sure both parties will be just fine going forward.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I'm not taken up for either side or really have any first hand knowledge of what went on with Haddix and the Corbin Admin. But from what I've heard the administration offered Coach Haddix a very sweet deal to try to get him to stay and he turned them down. If that is the case then the Corbin folks can't be held responsible for him leaving. It was a decision that he made. Good luck to Coach Haddix and Hound Nation. I'm sure both parties will be just fine going forward.

Super offered him $3000 to cut the grass on the field currently paying someone else $6000, would let him hire another coach if he let a coach he hired last year go and bring back a coach he let go. They basically ran him off because they couldn't tell him what to do, money wasn't the problem his household makes more money X3 than the super.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I'm not taken up for either side or really have any first hand knowledge of what went on with Haddix and the Corbin Admin. But from what I've heard the administration offered Coach Haddix a very sweet deal to try to get him to stay and he turned them down. If that is the case then the Corbin folks can't be held responsible for him leaving. It was a decision that he made. Good luck to Coach Haddix and Hound Nation. I'm sure both parties will be just fine going forward.

I can assure you my friend 55 they was no sweet deal, Believe no one except for me and Cherokee and throw in Granny Bear Confusednicker:
The Spread Wrote:That might be some of it, but anyone with 2 eyes could see the defense was not very good last year.

A lot of off season work will be needed to get it back here it should be. All the more reason that this coaching search must end quickly.
I only see out of one eye and I could see it.
2face Wrote:Hear a flood watch on for corbyn

Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:I can assure you my friend 55 they was no sweet deal, Believe no one except for me and Cherokee and throw in Granny Bear Confusednicker:
A Bandwagoneer should never be trusted. Did you round some recruits up for Boyle County?
PlayCaller Wrote:It really doesn't matter who Corbin hires. Justin Haddix was the BEST coach that Corbin could have possibly gotten to win a State Championship. Corbin had the best coach hands down. Its a shame that the powers to be decided to push Haddix out or at least fight for him to stay. All the kids love him from second grade through Seniors. Haddix and the Boyle County Rebels will run all over Corbin every game they play as long as they are in same class and Haddix is at Boyle County. Haddix is a winner and Corbin just went backwards by six years and will probably loose additional players because of this situation. I look for Knox Central and Whitley County to gain a lot of Corbin's talent now for sure. The only winner in this move is Haddix and Boyle County. Corbin fans should all be pissed off over this. I for one will never step foot back in Campbell Field due to this. Corbin is supposed to be a premier Football town with a premier Head Coach. I'm still in aww that anyone in Corbin would want to see Haddix leave. Go Rebels!!

Never is a mightly long time.....wouldn’t the smart thing be to wait and see who is hired then decide if you are a team player or an “it’s all about me” type fan
64SUR Wrote:I can assure you my friend 55 they was no sweet deal, Believe no one except for me and Cherokee and throw in Granny Bear Confusednicker:

I was just commenting on what I had heard Ol Buddy. Like I said, I have no clue as to what's going on. I just hope it all works out on both ends. And I'm sure it will. Corbin and Boyle County are two great programs that won't crumble just because of a coaching change. At least I dont think so.

On another note, it would be awful hard for me to leave Corbin with the group of kids they have coming through the next couple years. I know Boyle County is one of the best programs in the state but their graduating a MONSTER class this year. For Coach Haddix to just up and leave a program that he's molded to his liking the last couple years, something bizarre has had to have went on, that's for sure.
Kind of reminds me when Corbin stole a coach from Leslie Co who had Tim Couch coming back...he played the long game (didn’t really work out) but it was a step up for him leaving Leslie....like it is a step up to Boyle.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I was just commenting on what I had heard Ol Buddy. Like I said, I have no clue as to what's going on. I just hope it all works out on both ends. And I'm sure it will. Corbin and Boyle County are two great programs that won't crumble just because of a coaching change. At least I dont think so.

On another note, it would be awful hard for me to leave Corbin with the group of kids they have coming through the next couple years. I know Boyle County is one of the best programs in the state but their graduating a MONSTER class this year. For Coach Haddix to just up and leave a program that he's molded to his liking the last couple years, something bizarre has had to have went on, that's for sure.
It is pretty bizarre 55...Haddix as of Sunday morning was planning on being HBC at Corbin. Was being forced to rehire an assistant and admin wouldn’t give him freedom on his assistant coaches. I don’t think he had a problem bringing said assistant back but....

Corbin admin needs to wake up and realize that the only time we have been relevant since the 80’s has been the 2 seasons previous to this past season. Close to 40 years since our last title??? They should be ashamed to let Haddix even think about leaving for anything other than a college job. He was your best shot at another title but he was forced out to go win multiple titles at Boyle. Unreal!
I hate to say it but the powers that be have embarrassed us. AND if the plan that has been laid out here is realized, what a low down shame.

I hope a search committee is formed for this coaching search much like when Haddix was hired. But I hope they get it right the first time this time.
JakeHarper Wrote:Kind of reminds me when Corbin stole a coach from Leslie Co who had Tim Couch coming back...he played the long game (didn’t really work out) but it was a step up for him leaving Leslie....like it is a step up to Boyle.
Does he have interest in coaching again? Heck of a coach that probably learned from his mistakes.
Cattleman Wrote:The first person that was ask if interested, Jeff.

Jeff was not interested so he was not even asked.
I see a lot of new aliases.comical.
As much as I have not been a Greer fan at times. He might be the best option right now. There will not be a French and Greer Union. Hometown Bank wouldn’t have enough money in the vault for that. I just hope he is able to keep one of the offensive assistants to run the spread offense. I would hate for us to go back to 3 yards and cloud of dust.
Gridiron_Raid Wrote:pulling halcomb is the best thing for corbin to do unless they can pull out coaches who already have schools. There might be some big time coaches come out of retirement for this job.

Mike Halcomb is retired. He Coached Haddix at Breathitt Co. and won 3 State Championships at Breathitt( at least 1 with Haddix at QB) . Runs the spread off. same as Haddix ran at Corbin. Where is a better fit ??
Rebel55 Wrote:Jeff was not interested so he was not even asked.

If he wasn't ask how did they know he wasn't interested?
What about Johnny Hines?
Wonder in B. Jackson (Corbin middle coach) is interested?

Rant: Corbin as a whole, city & school system love the good ole boy system and all it does it hold us back. The old “boomer” club let one of the best young coach’s in Ky leave.

As someone mentioned earlier billy hicks 2.0.
That would be a good hire.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next