Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019-2020 LSU's Place in History
Remains to be seen how all of LSU's players end up doing in the pros, and that's something that will be looked at over time when comparing them to other all-time teams. For instance, take a 2001 Miami-- a big part of a very subjective rankings of the greatest college teams is always what their players did at the next level, and those two will often be compared when looking back.

While the "pro" approach has it's flaws (i.e., Stingley may have a great professional career but was only a freshman on this team), and is one of many factors, it's the one that we can't really account for at the moment.

In that vein, I think that Ja'Marr Chase was a bit underrated in terms of how talented he was and that Joe Burrow may not have the amazing pro career that some are thinking.

For what it's worth, if you look at everything that we have to go on at this point in time, I don't think that there is a team that with a more impressive resume than LSU in terms of the teams that they defeated along the way and where those teams were ranked at the time.
I agree that there may not be a team with a more impressive resume than this LSU team. That doesn't mean other teams in the past couldn't have done what this team did. They simply didn't have the opportunity that LSU had. With the current CFP set up, it allows teams this opportunity. With the past bowl.setups, that simply wasn't so. As you have already mentioned, some last Miami teams could have certainly accomplished the same as possibly some of the Nebraska teams of the 90's and some of the recent Hamas teams. With all that being stated, you are correct, the LSU team probably has the most impressive college football resume as any in history.