Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Did We Get to the Point That We Could Consider a Communist for Pr
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Your original post stated that fewer than one-third of American workers participate in a 401k or other retirement account. Your links show that about one-third of American workers participate in 401k plans but do not mention other retirement plans. It is easier to find bogus statistics with Google than it is to support them.

Even though your original post was inaccurate, the links show that fewer than one half of American workers who are eligible for 401k accounts actually participate. Whose fault is that? Every company for whom I have worked strongly encourage employees to take advantage of such plans and most companies also match a portion of employee investments.

Fewer than one-third of Americans are saving money in their 401(k)s and other workplace retirement accounts, according to an analysis of tax records by Census Bureau researchers.

Although nearly 80 percent of Americans work for an employer that offers retirement programs — whether a 401(k), 403(b) or something else — only 32 percent of workers sign up for such accounts, according to a working draft of the study by Michael Gideon and Joshua Mitchell.
--https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/get-there/wp/2017/02/22/two-in-three-americans-will-never-retire-at-this-rate/

The only I was guilty of was not citing my source.

I would imagine that some people are irresponsible and neglect preparing for their future, but let's be realistic, some people are aware of future possibilities but can't justify the loss of income.
Messages In This Thread
How Did We Get to the Point That We Could Consider a Communist for Pr - by Cardfan1 - 02-20-2020, 03:13 PM