Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Did We Get to the Point That We Could Consider a Communist for Pr
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Jeff Bezos pays more taxes in one year than you or I will pay over our lifetime. Amazon is not Jeff Bezos. Bezos owns 16 percent of Amazon's stock. Do you really believe that he does not pay any taxes on his dividends? Do you also think that he pays no property taxes on his personal property, which is valued at more than $100 million?

I am not a fan of Jeff Bezos's political positions but he has done more for his country than all the deadbeat liberals supporting Bernie Sanders combined. He worked hard and risked everything to build Amazon into the most valuable company in this country by offering great products and services reasonable prices. What have you done for this country?

He may pay more than my whole county. But more doesn't equal fair.
I never said Bezos didn't pay taxes. I commented on how little a dollar means to him in relationship to us common folk. For him to pay a rate of taxes that is similar to middle class Americans is absurd, and for Amazon to get the corporate to zero is ludicrous.

Washing the argument with hard work hero worship doesn't nullify the issue. The past two tax cuts have allowed the rich to get richer while the middle class is still stuck spinning their wheels. Bezos is one of those guys that has benefited and has taken full advantage of the system. Can't blame him for that, but you can blame those who have allowed the shortfalls in funding to help themselves, or their rich friends.
Messages In This Thread
How Did We Get to the Point That We Could Consider a Communist for Pr - by Cardfan1 - 02-20-2020, 03:52 PM