Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Did We Get to the Point That We Could Consider a Communist for Pr
Cardfan1 Wrote:Medicare is govt sponsored healthcare for those 65 and older. If you have been on Medicaid your entire life without a job and hit 65 you will transition to Medicare/Medicaid mixture. Sanders calls his plan Medicare for all because it has zero income limitations or requirements unlike Medicaid.

Medicaid has income requirements. If you make generally over 33k in a household you will not qualify for Medicaid. Just a reminder starting police officers, teachers, soldiers and in general any full time worker making under $20 an hour WOULD qualify for Medicaid with full or partial benefits. So not all people utilizing Medicaid in its current form are bums.

So what were you saying when you said 45% of Americans don’t pay taxes? Maybe it’s the medium, but a lot of it is your tone, which suggests a disgust for people you think don’t do enough in this nation. Unfortunately wherever you get your information grossly inflates the “Pelosi art students” when in reality there are a ton of people living paycheck to paycheck whose incomes don’t pass the threshold of being taxed. However, nothing but admiration for the billionaires who can avoid paying taxes. Go figure. I guess you need to head to New York and hang with those folks because most of the people here in Kentucky are busting their tail, and really could use the healthcare that Obamacare, Medicaid, Medicare for all, or whatever could provide relief from the surprises they get every time someone in their household gets sick.

My problem with the 1% is they are generating and keeping their wealth with the help of politicians while their workers struggle and our country is struggling. I’m not advocating punishing taxes like during the 40s, 50s, 60s, but maybe go back to Clinton era, so we can help the middle class and shrink this massive debt
swells every time we have a Republican tax cut.

Your first two paragraphs were a total smoke screen meant to make you look professorial, I guess. They don't change my assessment of Medicare versus Medicaid one iota.

As to my tone and taxes. I could care less how you feel about my tone. As to taxes. First, the 45% stat I cited addresses households, and only those who actually do bother to work, and who fail to earn enough to qualify under law to pay taxes. Many more millions of folks do not work at all, and therefore do not pay taxes because they do not make money. But for you to say I faulted those who don't make much money and therefore don't pay taxes is a lie. I will say it is immoral when able bodied people refuse to work whether because they think it's beneath them, or whether they're just lazy. Now I'm not talking about the temporarily unemployed here either. But poor people have never been turned away in this nation when they needed health care. Your mischaracterizations are shameful. In any case, you are a clinic in revisionist lies in and of yourself, are you not?

Your last paragraph is more threadbare Dem talking points. :dudecomeon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
How Did We Get to the Point That We Could Consider a Communist for Pr - by TheRealThing - 02-22-2020, 03:04 AM