Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Did We Get to the Point That We Could Consider a Communist for Pr
Cardfan1 Wrote:I don’t expect what I say will change anything you think, but your assessment of both programs was a generalization.

Man, you’re really trying to make that 45% work.
That stat is thrown out there by wealthy conservatives to make folks want to punch down. “Look at all these sloths not working while you and I are carrying this nation.” But in reality it’s not true. That number is convoluted with several demographics, but that’s never explained because that is not the message that the these people want to perpetuate. It’s the only way millionaires and billionaires can relate with the middle class voter: hate the lower class.

Of course when the curtain is jerked away we find that those folks have their handout as much or more than those who are on hard times or even the straight out lazy. Takes a lot of welfare checks to equal the tax cuts and other corporate welfare that have been handed out recently from BOTH parties.

When you make the outlandish comments you make you do lump in those people who are on hard times or just starting out. So it’s not a lie. You may not really feel that way, but it’s what comes across. Maybe you should be more specific.

Is there a minority of people who take advantage of the social services? Damn right. I don’t agree with those people. I wish they would get out and participate instead of being a drain, but the worst thing those people do is tarnish the people who are trying to get ahead or recover from an industry shutting down, or an injury, or get an education.

Poor people have not been turned away, but the middle class has been duped on and suckered by the wealthy. You guys on here repeat exactly what they want you to: amaze at our feats and hate the poor/lazy and immigrants.

Whooo-eee! Let that soap opera music play. :biggrin:

Genesis 1:26-28 (KJV)
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Genesis 3:18-19 (KJV)
18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

1 Timothy 5:8 (KJV)
8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

See anything in God's Word that would suggest people are somehow victims of circumstance? I don't. We are to work. Men are to be the head of the house, a house for which they are responsible. The slings and arrows of this life are according to God's own plan and as such are the direct result of man having fallen from grace due to willful sin. And yet, everything we need to provide a living here on earth is attainable. Through work. Put another way, it's a vastly easier proposition to find a job in the US than trying to scratch one's living from the ground. Which BTW is the Lord's edict for us all. Thus in any case, nobody's been mistreated in this land of opportunity, and the secular humanist's claims of personal suffering are for most, patently untrue. The only thing that separates the VAST majority of folks from a life of self sufficiency as outlined by God, is a lack of motivation.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
How Did We Get to the Point That We Could Consider a Communist for Pr - by TheRealThing - 02-22-2020, 05:15 PM