Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Did We Get to the Point That We Could Consider a Communist for Pr
Cardfan1 Wrote:I don’t expect what I say will change anything you think, but your assessment of both programs was a generalization.

Man, you’re really trying to make that 45% work.
That stat is thrown out there by wealthy conservatives to make folks want to punch down. “Look at all these sloths not working while you and I are carrying this nation.” But in reality it’s not true. That number is convoluted with several demographics, but that’s never explained because that is not the message that the these people want to perpetuate. It’s the only way millionaires and billionaires can relate with the middle class voter: hate the lower class.

Of course when the curtain is jerked away we find that those folks have their handout as much or more than those who are on hard times or even the straight out lazy. Takes a lot of welfare checks to equal the tax cuts and other corporate welfare that have been handed out recently from BOTH parties.

When you make the outlandish comments you make you do lump in those people who are on hard times or just starting out. So it’s not a lie. You may not really feel that way, but it’s what comes across. Maybe you should be more specific.

Is there a minority of people who take advantage of the social services? Damn right. I don’t agree with those people. I wish they would get out and participate instead of being a drain, but the worst thing those people do is tarnish the people who are trying to get ahead or recover from an industry shutting down, or an injury, or get an education.

Poor people have not been turned away, but the middle class has been duped on and suckered by the wealthy. You guys on here repeat exactly what they want you to: amaze at our feats and hate the poor/lazy and immigrants.
Approximately 45 percent of Americans pay no federal income tax. None. Not only that, but many of those 45 percent are recipients of federal welfare payments that fall under the heading of the "earned income tax credit." Is it fair that so many Americans do not pay a penny in federal income taxes? Not unless you are a Marxist who believes Karl's mantra of "from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs." Your ilk takes it a step further than good ole Karl did, with you ideology of "from each according to his ability, to each according to his wants."

According to you, although billionaires and other members of the top 1 percent of wage earners in this country pay far more of the federal tax bill than all of the 50 percent of Americans who pay little or no federal taxes combined, that top 1 percent is still not paying their fair share because they have more wealth than they need.

Communists and liberals like Bernie Sanders are only winning elections because of the Marxists like you who support them.

You believe that if you had things your way, the middle class would expand at the expense of the billionaires who you would relieve of their hard earned wealth but the opposite is true. In real life, when you rob Peter to pay Paul, then Peter simply takes his remaining money, leaves the game, and never looks back. If Paul had the ability and motivation to be successful, then he would not depend on thieves to support him.
Messages In This Thread
How Did We Get to the Point That We Could Consider a Communist for Pr - by Hoot Gibson - 02-22-2020, 06:04 PM