Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cabell Midland vs Russell scrimmage
how did things go for the devils tonight?
better than spring valley .. cabell IMO is way better than spring valley and cabell is also pretty good sized haha.
Our offence running look better.. still needs more work.. 3-4 yards a carry will get it in the endzone eventually.
Defence was a little rough .. cabell completed a few deep passes.. but things will get taken care of.. cabells running game was pretty unsuccessful.. all in all.. decent scimmage
Rusell look good at times, and bad at others, it is preseason, CM was definetly much larger on the line, and it showed at times, there was some poor blocking, dont knwo who they r gonna find to fill that other HB spot, need someone in there who can run the ball, and do the other things required by the wing T offense, be a main target for the WB and block for the FB,QB and other HB, honestly would have liked to have seen jones gone a series back there.
EkyLb Wrote:Rusell look good at times, and bad at others, it is preseason, CM was definetly much larger on the line, and it showed at times, there was some poor blocking, dont knwo who they r gonna find to fill that other HB spot, need someone in there who can run the ball, and do the other things required by the wing T offense, be a main target for the WB and block for the FB,QB and other HB, honestly would have liked to have seen jones gone a series back there.

Your not the only one who woudl have wanted to see jones run HB a series... i was hopin for it too.. i just dont understand:confused:
So who looked good? Any highlights?
PureRedDevil Wrote:Your not the only one who woudl have wanted to see jones run HB a series... i was hopin for it too.. i just dont understand:confused:

i wouldnt get your hopes up...cause i dont think its gonna happen
PureRedDevil Wrote:Your not the only one who woudl have wanted to see jones run HB a series... i was hopin for it too.. i just dont understand:confused:
Its tough to take a kid that has played QB in the state championship game and move him.
FBALL Wrote:So who looked good? Any highlights?

IMO Mike Dillon was the MVP of this scrimmage

What everyone needs to realize is that to be successful in the Wing T you have to have the threat of the bootleg run. The quarterback is almost another HB in our offense, and it has been for a long time. If you go back and look at some of the other quarterbacks from a couple years ago, the same questions were coming up. For example Noah May, he was a FB playing the QB position. Having that option of the bootleg makes this offense so dangerous.
FBALL Wrote:Its tough to take a kid that has played QB in the state championship game and move him.

Thats true.. but i thought we would at least see it in the scrimmage..
and woods.. AJ can run the bootleg.. he has the speed and can find holes..obviously hes not as powerful at jones Smile.. but he could do it
i was just hopin to see it during the scrimmage to see how it went
FBALL Wrote:So who looked good? Any highlights?

Justin Mitchell had a few nice catches.. one for a TD and one that took the team inside the 10..
David Bailey had a solid running game goin.. 4-5 yards a carry.. he was finding the holes pretty well.. On D one got over his head..
Aj Cordle passed the ball to Justin once on the rush.. he also had a few good runs.. one for a bout 15 yards
Drew Abrams was also running sold.. always positive yards..AND he caught one.. Coach Mcglone seemed suprised Big Grin... On D i saw drew layin some good licks.. Coach seemed impressed
This team could be extremely Dangerous with some playmakers at reciever. Its good to hear that Mitchell has stepped up.
woods3030 Wrote:What everyone needs to realize is that to be successful in the Wing T you have to have the threat of the bootleg run. The quarterback is almost another HB in our offense, and it has been for a long time. If you go back and look at some of the other quarterbacks from a couple years ago, the same questions were coming up. For example Noah May, he was a FB playing the QB position. Having that option of the bootleg makes this offense so dangerous.

exactly
Remember,,,,, you wont see the real team until game time. I dont care what you say about starting positions..... Coach will TRY things in scrimmage and not show ANYTHING that other people can see. I saw 4 Greenup coaches after the game at Skyline Chili and asked how we looked..... They said that we looked BIG AND STRONG... I said we looked weak this year and they said,,, They must have improved from last week with Spring Valley.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "